Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Breaking Benjamin

Go down 
+12
sam
skullsmasher
MetalH
tohostudios
the sentinel
SAHB Healer
DallasBlack
journeyman
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
Shiney
MetalRob331
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 2:12 pm

Wondering what you guys thought of one of my favorite Modern Rock bands..

Or if any of you guys like them...
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 6:10 pm

Breaking Benjamin Turd

But then that's my opinion of nearly 95% of the modern rock they peddle these days...

I'm a crotchity geezer that way...... Very Happy

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 6:35 pm

I think "So Cold" is a killer song, but I'm not impressed by much else they've done.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I think "So Cold" is a killer song, but I'm not impressed by much else they've done.

you ever hear the song Until the End its has a pretty heavy intro great song...
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:42 pm

I like a couple tunes a lot....but the rest is so-so......Polyamorous and one other one that escapes me.....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 8:46 pm

what do u guys think of this song
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 9:33 pm

As I have stated before, I just do not like modern rock/modern metal in general. Bands like "Drowning Pool", "Slipknot" and modern rock like this band, makes me want to throw up.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:28 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:
As I have stated before, I just do not like modern rock/modern metal in general. Bands like "Drowning Pool", "Slipknot" and modern rock like this band, makes me want to throw up.

this band is nothing like Slipknot or Drowning Pool those bands are nu-metal. I agree with u on Slipknot making u throw up cuz thats what i feel like doin when i hear them. I thought Drowning Pools debut was a good release..
Back to top Go down

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2007 10:47 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
you ever hear the song Until the End its has a pretty heavy intro great song...
I've heard everything but the latest. All were traded through lala. They're not bad, but there are better.
Back to top Go down
journeyman
Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSun Dec 16, 2007 9:29 am

Just listened to Until The End. It's a good song.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:14 am

Funny thing happened a little over a month ago in reference to thse guys. I was on my lunch listening to Maiden when I was approached by some teenage girls. One asked what kind of music I was listening to and I told them heavy metal. She goes "Oh, is this Breaking Benjamin?" It was followed by awkward silence and me looking at her like a deer looks at oncomming traffic Shocked .

Damn teenagers! Very Happy

Last edited by DallasBlack on Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:39 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : extra word in quote)
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:48 am

That song starts very strong, but gets bland and anthemic after the intro. In fact the chorus says it all..."I've lost my way, but I'll go on until the end". Yes he did, and he will. Smile Seriously though, I do like some songs of that ilk, if the whole album was like that it would be o.k. despite the under used riff.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 1:52 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
That song starts very strong, but gets bland and anthemic after the intro. In fact the chorus says it all..."I've lost my way, but I'll go on until the end". Yes he did, and he will. Smile Seriously though, I do like some songs of that ilk, if the whole album was like that it would be o.k. despite the under used riff.

One thing i always said about this band was that they have the potential to really distance themselves from most hard rock bands. They have fallen into a pattern on there last 2 releases of having killer intros only to die off when the verses start. Still they are one of my fav bands and i wish they would try to keep the energy a lot of there songs start off with. They did it on there debut and they can do it again..
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 2:33 am

That happens a lot. That's why if I'm guessing about a band I almost always check out the debut first. There are many exceptions, but debuts often seem to have the most balls for some reason. I guess later on bands are trying to make money on Pop songs.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 9:13 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
That happens a lot. That's why if I'm guessing about a band I almost always check out the debut first. There are many exceptions, but debuts often seem to have the most balls for some reason. I guess later on bands are trying to make money on Pop songs.

I don't think BB changed there style, i just think Ben and the boys write the song around the hook first while on the first cd it was more about the riff.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:23 am

I own the first two and think they are ok. I haven't kept up lately though. Peace.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am

I have the first two as well but only like the first one.

Metal master
Metal master
MetalH

Number of posts : 647

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 10:46 am

I like a few songs here and there, but don't own any of their albums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/bryanlovestrek
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeTue Nov 25, 2008 3:52 pm

I have the first 2 but don't think I'll be buying any more. I thought they were ok but after the first few spins they just went on the shelf. I don't see myself ever choosing these guys over some classic Maiden or Alice on any day so I get feeling Breaking Benjamin will just gather dust in my house, but then again there may be a day when I play them and think why have I not been listening to this band more. It has happened just not too often.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 8:02 pm

Have some good stuff, enjoyable listen from time to time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
metalmaniac122
Metal student
Metal student
metalmaniac122

Number of posts : 137

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSun Nov 30, 2008 4:19 pm

There Ok, not great. Neutral
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Breaking Benjamin Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breaking Benjamin   Breaking Benjamin Icon_minitimeSun Aug 16, 2009 9:06 pm

New sing I will Not Bow is on there myspace, pretty good song and this cd might make my top 5 for the year.. Ben has a pretty unique approach to his songwriting that I fun very enjoyable. Some pretty heavy stuff there as well...