Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Good Old Phil Anselmo!

Go down 
+10
Mglaffas81
Thrasher73
TheGooch
DallasBlack
the sentinel
fingers
krokus
caniplaywithmadness?
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Good Old Phil Anselmo! Empty
PostSubject: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:38 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkPg-5RWz8U lol!

Too bad he'd have gotten sued, because I would have liked to see him just pummel that punk. I really can't stand people that go to shows and pull crap like this. Pretty sweet how this turned out, though. Haha.

And what's with Phil's new hairdo? He looks like a little school girl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:41 pm

Eyesore wrote:
what's with Phil's new hairdo? He looks like a little school girl.

If his hair were any longer, it would brush the lines off the mirror when he is snorting. It's more of a money saver than anything else.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:51 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
what's with Phil's new hairdo? He looks like a little school girl.
If his hair were any longer, it would brush the lines off the mirror when he is snorting. It's more of a money saver than anything else.
Ah, so that's where the saying "better to look gay than throw cocaine away" comes from.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 4:55 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Ah, so that's where the saying "better to look gay than throw cocaine away" comes from.

You would be correct. And all these years I bet you thought Carrot Top coined that phrase.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 5:16 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

You would be correct. And all these years I bet you thought Carrot Top coined that phrase.
lol!

And I don't even get it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 6:31 pm

That is really something!!

What I'd like to know is, what happened to that guy after he got off the stage ... did he leave, or did he hang around for the rest of the show? And if so, did the crowd beat his ass???

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2007 10:42 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That is really something!!

What I'd like to know is, what happened to that guy after he got off the stage ... did he leave, or did he hang around for the rest of the show? And if so, did the crowd beat his ass???
I'm pretty sure at a minimum he was tossed from the venue. Hopefully his head hit a few door jambs on the way out. Thos people disgust me, to be honest. I remember a few years back Nickleback were playing some show in Brazil or something, and the crowd was pelting them with rocks. It was unreal. And, of course, all over the net the Blabberturds were praising it. It's pathetic! No band, no matter how terrible, should have to deal with that from any person, let alone entire crowds.

If a musician provokes that sort of reaction, then so be it, it's on them. But when a couple of turdly fans do this crap and then more join in it just pisses me off to no end. I mean, with the Nickleback thing, if I'm remembering correctly, this was their show, they were the headliners; it wasn't a festival or anything. So who the hell are these people throwing rocks? Fans?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 8:41 am

Every time I hear Phil open his mouth, he solidifies my opinion of him as a moron.

I agree that throwing things at concerts is dumb. I don't have a problem with Phil confronting the guy. One of my favorite "crowd banters" is when Dee Snider of Twisted Sister confronts a crowd of people throwing things and tells them he'll take any of them on after the show. It's classic.

However, Phil cannot form a sentence without using the word "Fu@k" between every other word. He sounds like a complete idiot. Bronotex and I went to see Slayer, Priest and Sabbath at Ozzfest a few years ago. Phil's band was on as we were entering the park. We were laughing at him as he opened his mouth. We counted between songs and he used the F-word over 40 times, in a couple minutes time, sometime saying things like "you fu@king, fu@kers, are fu@king..." or "I am the fu@king new metal god. fu@k!" Buy a dictionary and learn some new adjectives.

Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:06 am

haha, phil was maaaaaaaad. that guy deserved it tho
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:16 am

I would love to kick PHIL ANSELMOS face. I dont kneel for my family, country or god any less for PHIL. What a sh it head.
Back to top Go down
fingers
Metal master
Metal master
fingers

Number of posts : 815

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 6:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:

He looks more like a dark haired Kurt Cobain wannabe he needs to shave it into a mohawk or a mullet
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 7:54 pm

fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

He looks more like a dark haired Kurt Cobain wannabe he needs to shave it into a mohawk or a mullet
surprised
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:01 pm

It disturbs me somewhat that he wanted a kid to get on his knees in front of him. Maybe the full name of his band is Down...on your f##king knees?

Why would anyone go to see a band that is the "headliners" no less and throw anything at them, let alone rocks? Some people have no respect for anything until their teeth get kicked into the back of their heads.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2007 9:15 pm

Eyesore wrote:
fingers wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

surprised

I'll second that. The scratch, not the Cobain thing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 12:04 am

the sentinel wrote:
It disturbs me somewhat that he wanted a kid to get on his knees in front of him. Maybe the full name of his band is Down...on your f##king knees?

Why would anyone go to see a band that is the "headliners" no less and throw anything at them, let alone rocks? Some people have no respect for anything until their teeth get kicked into the back of their heads.

Not just that but, at someone like Anselmo. That is about as stupid as pissing off Henry Rollins, Kerry King, or Evan Seinfield (or any other big scary bad asses like them).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:23 am

good ole phil

heres a video of him playing paranoid on guitar in a concert very badly
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 10:31 am

confused
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 5:41 pm

TheGooch wrote:
good ole phil

?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2007 6:07 pm

TheGooch wrote:
good ole phil

FAIL...

DOES NOT COMPUTE...

DO NOT RETRY...
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 12:04 pm

Ahhhhh, PHIL!

He WAS a capable singer...but sniffing up cocaine, and drinking his ass off, two minutes before a show, resulting in him slurring out the words, even falling over at times, and, especially during "Cemetery Gates", he sounds like a drunken Ozzy Osbourne, with a deep voice...and I agree with Scott, he sounds like a babbling idiot, praising himself as "the New Metal God" ...hm...well...concidering him as a perfect example of the nu-metal freaks out there, I believe it could be true in some aspects, had he not used the word "Metal". HAHA, what a dumbass!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 1:11 pm

How does a thread like this turn into one bashing Phil? And nothing Phil has ever done should be associated with nu-metal.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 1:56 pm

This could have been the biggest bashing ever, but I didn't say anything. He is Nu Metal
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:26 pm

Eyesore wrote:
How does a thread like this turn into one bashing
Phil? And nothing Phil has ever done should be associated with
nu-metal.

That was probably my fault as I started the Phil bashing. Embarassed

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:48 pm

Lurideath wrote:
He is Nu Metal
Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 25, 2007 2:53 pm

Nu Metal???

HAHAHAHA - NOT!!!!!

Maybe metalcore at times, but never nu metal. Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Good Old Phil Anselmo!   Good Old Phil Anselmo! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Good Old Phil Anselmo!
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next