Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!

Go down 
+12
Temple of Blood
Thelemech
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
DakotaRogers
Gilbert
kyleblack
Eyesore
Troublezone
mc666
Boris2008
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Empty
PostSubject: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 12:23 am

What a turd! Shocked

http://www.spin.com/2016/01/pantera-phil-anselmo-nazi-salute-yells-white-power-joking/

That does NOT look like he was joking!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 1:36 am

I'd respect him more if he came right out & said..."Yeah, I'm a racist. so what? Don't like it? F*ck you!" Instead he has a history of doing stuff like this, then pretending he didn't mean it that way, or it was taken wrong.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:36 am

He wrote the songs "Rise" and "No Good (Attack The Radical)" on the Vulgar Display album. The lyrics are anti-racist. Maybe he's having a mid life crisis? There's a lot of people getting pissed about the PC stuff and double standards in society. Some people want to make a statement, even if it's juvenile...

Billy Milano has been down that road too.

Last edited by Troublezone on Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:20 am

mc666 wrote:
I'd respect him more if he came right out & said..."Yeah, I'm a racist. so what? Don't like it? F*ck you!" Instead he has a history of doing stuff like this, then pretending he didn't mean it that way, or it was taken wrong.
Agreed entirely. Why is this even "news" to begin with, let alone one to do with music? This is just pop culture nonsense.

Grand Belial's Key doesn't hide behind their message. In fact, they're quite proud of it.

Last edited by Painkiller on Sat Jan 30, 2016 3:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:22 am

The way he said it shows it was clearly not done as a joke. He was dead serious. Scary serious. Screw him.
Back to top Go down
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 5:04 am

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:20 am

he always looked like a racist to me. even before this video.

anyways I lost interest in his music right after vulgar display of power.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:42 am

Phil being a racist? What else is new!

It's the age of Twitter and we all need something to be outraged about so we can feel like better people and brag about how tolerant we are.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37647

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 8:18 am

Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! 2011127164756

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:39 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 9:35 am

He's always been a redneck dickbag. This is not shocking in the slightest.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 9:37 am

Now I am glad I lost interest in this guy years ago.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 12:04 pm

Joking or not, in this day and age that's something that should not be put out there in the public. That's just asking for trouble. But then again, that's probably what he was looking for.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 1:11 pm

Robb Flynn pretty much says it all for me. Both about this racist dickbag and metal's 'move along, nothing to see here attitude'

Last edited by Boris2008 on Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 2:36 pm

007 wrote:
Joking or not, in this day and age that's something that should not be put out there in the public. That's just asking for trouble. But then again, that's probably what he was looking for.

My friend, I think you might be onto something there.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:03 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Robb Flynn pretty much says it all for me. Both about this racist dickbag and metal's 'move along, nothing to see here attitude'

Wow. Much respect to Robb Flynn for that video.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:34 pm

Robb sounds like a very intelligent, level-headed guy. Basically the exact opposite of Phil dickcheese.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:49 pm

"THE WHITE MAN ISNT OPPRESSED LIKE THE BLACK MAN"

"WHITE MAN OPPRESSES THE BLACK MAN IN AMERICA"

This is among the many reasons why I like to imagine that Robb died shortly after the recording of Oppressing the Masses - he can F*ck right off to Tumblr.

It's also funny how these other virtually unknown bands are getting their 15 minutes of fame by calling out Phil.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 3:56 pm

DakotaRogers wrote:
"THE WHITE MAN ISNT OPPRESSED LIKE THE BLACK MAN"

"WHITE MAN OPPRESSES THE BLACK MAN IN AMERICA"

This is among the many reasons why I like to imagine that Robb died shortly after the recording of Oppressing the Masses - he can F*ck right off to Tumblr.

It's also funny how these other virtually unknown bands are getting their 15 minutes of fame by calling out Phil.
Too bad Robb Flynn will never play another Pantera song again. Sad
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 4:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:33 pm

Robb Flynn and Phil Anselmo are both complete idiots.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:35 pm

Painkiller wrote:
Too bad Robb Flynn will never play another Pantera song again. Sad

I'm sure he'll continue to rip off their style for years to come.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

My thoughts exactly.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 6:45 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I really don't know how intelligent Robb Flynn is but I agreed with 99% of what he says here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:25 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

I really don't know how intelligent Robb Flynn is but I agreed with 99% of what he says here.

Yeah, that was my point as well. I don't even have a clue who Robb Flynn is and I don't really give a shit either. Razz

Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 30, 2016 7:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:

Yeah, that was my point as well.  I don't even have a clue who Robb Flynn is and I don't really give a shit either.   Razz

Dude! You were a thrash fan back in the day, how can you not know who Robb Flynn is?  Shocked

He was in both Forbidden and Vio-Lence!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!   Phil Anselmo's making new friends again! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Phil Anselmo's making new friends again!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next