Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAXON - Crusader CD question

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

SAXON - Crusader CD question Empty
PostSubject: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 7:35 pm

Does anyone know, when was this album pressed on a CD for the 1st time?
There're no other years on a CD than 1984, but according to one German
metal collector, this album originally came on a CD in 1990. Is this
true or not, perhaps someone had it on a CD before 1990? (Uncle Saxon,
I'm counting on ya! haha Smile )
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:23 pm

One of the versions I have (and my personal fav) is the original Carrere version. I am guessing it would have to be the very first press. Made in West Germany - CAT #817 849-2.

SAXON - Crusader CD question Saxoncrusader2001

Last edited by on Fri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:24 pm

SAXON - Crusader CD question Saxoncrusader2002
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:27 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
One of the versions I have (and my personal fav) is the original Carrere version. I am guessing it would have to be the very first press. Made in West Germany - CAT #817 849-2.

I always get a kick out of seeing early press CDs like these that had the "care and feeding of your compact disc" instructional guide on the inside of the booklet. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:31 pm

Just in an attempt to participate in this thread, the one I just got from CD Universe (which makes it not the least bit rare) that was imported from Holland looks like this......

SAXON - Crusader CD question DSC01834

SAXON - Crusader CD question DSC01833
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 9:35 pm

Yeah - that was after EMI bought the rights. Carrere was a tiny French label that was not around very long, that is why I think that is the first press.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeFri Nov 09, 2007 10:30 pm

Great disc. I love Sailing To America.

I have that German one.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 4:41 am

Thanks for the info, I have that EMI version. I just remembered now,
there was a Japanese copy of this album a while ago, and the seller (I
believe that it was pricekillers) said something like "yes, this is the
first version of this album in the world". It was sold for $150 or even
more Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 10:33 am

That is always possible, as the Japanese invented the format. They were pressing cds before anyone else.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2007 2:13 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

I always get a kick out of seeing early press CDs like these that had the "care and feeding of your compact disc" instructional guide on the inside of the booklet. Smile

I own a few CDs like that, actually.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAXON - Crusader CD question   SAXON - Crusader CD question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAXON - Crusader CD question
Page 1 of 1