Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom

Go down 
+11
mr.electric39
brokentulsa
Required Fields
Nomadic Drifter
80s Metal Lady
Thelemech
nevermore
MoonChild
chewie
Witchfinder
James B.
15 posters

Top Tune on "Crusader" by Saxon
The Crusader Prelude
Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_lcap0%Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Crusader
Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_lcap71%Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_rcap
 71% [ 12 ]
A Little Bit Of What You Fancy
Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_lcap0%Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Sailing To America
Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_lcap6%Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Set Me Free
Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_lcap6%Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
Just Let Me Rock
Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_lcap17%Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Vote_rcap
 17% [ 3 ]
Bad Boys (Like To Rock N' Roll)
 0% [ 0 ]
Do It All For You
 0% [ 0 ]
Rock City
 0% [ 0 ]
Run For Your Lives
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12614

Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Empty
PostSubject: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:14 pm

The metal-head crystal ball shows signs of another title track victory.

IMHO, "Crusader" is the top tune on this album. Yet, compared to the rest of the tunes...it seems out of place.

So far in these polls, the results pretty much look like the songs you'd find on a compilation album.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:46 pm

"Crusader" for me. I enjoy "Just Let Me Rock" as well.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 12:54 pm

Voted Crusader. I dig Just Let Me Rock, Sailing to America, and A Little Bit Of What You Fancy as well.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:24 pm

Crusader
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 1:33 pm

Just Let Me Rock headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 3:10 pm

The obvious pick -Crusader
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 4:41 pm

I'll go a little outside the box on this one. "Sailing To America" for me! I like "Crusader," too, of course, but I prefer the orchestrated version.
Back to top Go down
Nomadic Drifter
Metal novice
Metal novice
Nomadic Drifter

Number of posts : 77

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 6:41 pm

Another vote here for Crusader. I am also partial to A little bit... / Set me free / and Sailing to America.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 7:37 pm

The title track, easily. Very easily.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 8:30 pm

Just let me rock
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 04, 2014 9:34 pm

Actually I've always LOVED that cover of Set Me Free!!!

Crusader and Just Let Me Rock are my follow up contenders...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2014 6:58 pm

I was thinking about future heavy metal CD possibilities -
and Saxon - and Motorhead - they alone came to mind -
These 2 bands are big time HEAVY hitters -
for decades and decades - tour warriors
Bad A**
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeSun Dec 14, 2014 10:23 pm

Before this poll gets buried behind pages of threads, I just want to state that I am super surprised "Sailing to America" only received one vote. I knew the title track would dominate, but I thought Sailing would get at least a 3 or 4 votes; it is such a killer track.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 15, 2014 12:15 am

80s Metal Lady wrote:
Before this poll gets buried behind pages of threads, I just want to state that I am super surprised "Sailing to America" only received one vote. I knew the title track would dominate, but I thought Sailing would get at least a 3 or 4 votes; it is such a killer track.

Yeah, that's a great song.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 1:53 pm

Wow, interesting how "Crusader" dominated this poll. I'm going with "Bad Boys (Live to Rock N' Roll)"
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 2:06 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:
Wow, interesting how "Crusader" dominated this poll.

Suspect

It's a Saxon classic, possibly their most memorable and best song ever.

The rest of the album is definitely not their best material.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 7:35 pm

Lari wrote:
metalinmyveins wrote:
Wow, interesting how "Crusader" dominated this poll.

Suspect

It's a Saxon classic, possibly their most memorable and best song ever.

The rest of the album is definitely not their best material.

Understatement, aside from the classic and "Sailing to America", the rest is pure drivel! sick
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeSun Jan 22, 2017 7:37 pm

80s Metal Lady wrote:

Great song, highly underrated, yet in no way is this going to trump the title track!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 12:57 am

Slightly off topic, but if you click on my signature, you get to my rateyourmusic-page and that's where I have the Saxon discography ranked.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitimeMon Jan 23, 2017 1:09 am

Lari wrote:
Slightly off topic, but if you click on my signature, you get to my rateyourmusic-page and that's where I have the Saxon discography ranked.

"For some reason, I never really cared much for the King Crimson cover."

fainting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom   Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Top Tune from "Crusader" by Saxom
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: