Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Empty
PostSubject: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 11:15 am

I was pleasantly surprised to learn this morning that Babylon A.D. are still kickin' and are about to release a new album called Rome Wasn't Built in a Day, via Perris Records in May.

I've always liked B.A.D., ever since I saw their first ever NYC gig at L'amour in Brooklyn back in the day (opening for the godawful Sea Hags, whom they blew off the stage)!

New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" 51KARLRtDEL._SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_

Quote :
SAN FRANCISCO, CA (April 9, 2024) — Babylon A.D. announce their brand new studio album “Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day” to be released May 17th on Perris Records. It’s been 6 years since the last studio album "Revelation Highway" came out and the band has grown a lot since then. The live album that was released last year, ”Live Lightning” really super-charged the band to get back on their game and they really put a lot of time and effort into the album and it really paid off. The band had over 20 songs to choose from and they picked what they believe are the best 11 tracks to represent the band's sound and direction.

You can pre-order the autographed CD bundle at perrisrecords.com/babylon-a-d

Songs like the opening adrenaline rushed driving track, “Wrecking Machine”, the slow burn metal rocker “Pain”, and the atmospheric “Crashed Into The Sun”, really capture the bands diversity of musical tastes and the input of the band members contributions. While songs like “Face Of GOD”, “I Will Never Break Again” and “Sometimes Love Is Hell” are all great ballad musical arrangements and really have some interesting lyrical content and visual story telling that Vocalist/Songwriter Derek Davis has written for the listener. The big hook choruses the band is known for like the title track “Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day”, “White Hot Bullet and the very melodic track “Looking For A Heartbeat” reminisce their first album.

Derek Davis is really excited about the new record, "The fans are really gonna love the new Babylon A.D. album. You know what they say’ “Rome Wasn’t Built In A Day” and this album took some time but “man was it worth the wait! We got real lucky to have Grammy award winner David Donnelly ‘DNA Mastering’ to master the album, he’s done many top records we’ve all heard, ‘Motley Crue”, Chicago”, Aerosmith”, Slash” and a whole lot more bands we all know. This guy has got a great ear and knows his turf."

New single, "Wrecking Machine"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 2:18 pm

I had first heard of them from the RoboCop 2 movie soundtrack.

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12605

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 2:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw their first ever NYC gig at L'amour in Brooklyn back in the day (opening for the godawful Sea Hags, whom they blew off the stage)!

I dig that S/T by Sea Hags quite a bit. They were a mess live. Heroin is a hell of a drug. New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" 927150
Seen their guitar player with Arcade and I think he was in one of those versions of L.A Guns gigging around?

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 4:36 pm

That single is not bad at all.

Never owned any album by this band. They have always been in the category "heard of them but never heard them".

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 5:32 pm

James B. wrote:

I dig that S/T by Sea Hags quite a bit. They were a mess live.  Heroin is a hell of a drug. New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" 927150
Seen their guitar player with Arcade and I think he was in one of those versions of L.A Guns gigging around?

I've never heard the whole Sea Hags album, tho I did like their single "Half Way Valley" (or whatever the heck it was called) at the time. The only reason we even went to the gig is cuz my buddy was on the club's mailing list and he won free tickets in their monthly drawing (which basically meant, "this gig isn't selling any tickets, so hey, you can get in for free with three friends, we need more bodies in the place")...

Live, though, the Hags were just a wall of screeeeeech. Super irritating. We walked out on 'em after about three songs. We couldn't believe that they were being hyped as the "next Guns N Roses" at the time. We were like "I don't fuckin' think so!" Laughing very hard

None of us had heard of Babylon A.D. yet, cuz it was just before their first album came out (it was released a couple of weeks later) but they had their shit together, they were definitely hungrier, and they put on a killer show, we were instant fans. As we walked back to the subway we were like "Thank goodness Babylon A.D. was there, or this would've been a waste of a trip." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 11:48 pm

James B. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
I saw their first ever NYC gig at L'amour in Brooklyn back in the day (opening for the godawful Sea Hags, whom they blew off the stage)!

I dig that S/T by Sea Hags quite a bit. They were a mess live.  Heroin is a hell of a drug. New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" 927150

I'm not sure about the L.A. Guns connection but he was in Stephen Pearcy's solo band for a bit.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2024 11:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
James B. wrote:

I've never heard the whole Sea Hags album, tho I did like their single "Half Way Valley" (or whatever the heck it was called) at the time. The only reason we even went to the gig is cuz my buddy was on the club's mailing list and he won free tickets in their monthly drawing (which basically meant, "this gig isn't selling any tickets, so hey, you can get in for free with three friends, we need more bodies in the place")...

Live, though, the Hags were just a wall of screeeeeech. Super irritating. We walked out on 'em after about three songs. We couldn't believe that they were being hyped as the "next Guns N Roses" at the time. We were like "I don't fuckin' think so!" Laughing very hard

None of us had heard of Babylon A.D. yet, cuz it was just before their first album came out (it was released a couple of weeks later) but they had their shit together, they were definitely hungrier, and they put on a killer show, we were instant fans. As we walked back to the subway we were like "Thank goodness Babylon A.D. was there, or this would've been a waste of a trip." Laughing very hard

I saw Babylon A.D. with Roxy Blue and Wildside opening. All 3 bands were great!!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 12:27 am

Regarding the ex-Sea Hags guitarist, Frankie Wilsey, he was in Arcade, and also played in Stephen Pearcy's solo band. I saw him with Pearcy in 2021. Apparently he did also play with L.A. Guns briefly in 2012-13.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2024 9:30 am

glassprison wrote:
Regarding the ex-Sea Hags guitarist, Frankie Wilsey, he was in Arcade, and also played in Stephen Pearcy's solo band. I saw him with Pearcy in 2021. Apparently he did also play with L.A. Guns briefly in 2012-13.

I didn't know that. He always reminded me of Joe Perry.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2024 9:06 pm

My self imposed hiatus from album reviewing has come to a (temporary) end! I had to do a write up on the forthcoming new Babylon A.D. album:

New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" 16988593_f520

https://hubpages.com/entertainment/babylon-ad-to-release-rome-wasnt-built-in-a-day-on-perris-records-in-may

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"   New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Babylon A.D. album "Rome Wasn't Built In A Day"
Page 1 of 1