Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hammerfal - Built to Last

Go down 
+5
candlemass
Gilbert
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Hammerfal - Built to Last Empty
PostSubject: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 11:20 am

Sweden's heavy metal master HAMMERFALL is back with the release of their hotly anticipated 10th studio album 'Built To Last', which is set to see the light of day on November 4th 2016 on Napalm Records. After leaving fans breathless with their first single 'The Sacred Vow', the band has now unleashed a brand new video for the track 'Hammer High’.

After a 20 year-long global career, HAMMERFALL never stand still. In fact, these pioneers of modern melodic heavy metal haven’t slowed down, quite the opposite! Highly melodic and swift anthems, aggressive lead guitars, choruses you’ll sing along to for years, Joacim Cans’ inimitable, steel-melting voice (recorded once more with James Michael / SIXX:A.M. in Los Angeles) and all mixed by the great Fredrik Nordström (Studio Fredman) turn this offering into one of the most consistent, exciting and passionate albums you’ll ever hear. 2 decades of delivering this unique brand of classic metal has only served to make HAMMERFALL sound hungrier and more vital than at any point in the past!

It’s time to let the hammer fall: Watch the brand new video for 'Hammer High', taken from HAMMERFALL's upcoming album 'Built To Last', worldwide today!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 12:04 pm

I dug these guys' first few CDs (esp. "Legacy of Kings") but I lost track of 'em quite a few albums ago. I think the last one I bought was "Threshold," which was what. '06 or '07?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2016 9:58 pm

I love this band. "Infected" from a few years back is the only misstep in my opine. The last album, "(r)Evolution" was a great return to form. Some bands shouldn't attempt a concept album or stray too far from what they do best. Found out a bout this one the other day while surfing amazon for the new Twisted Sister "Metal Meltdown" set. Looking forward.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 12:48 am

I will surely be picking this one up when it is out.

Infected was a great album imo. Different but addictive.

Almost all of my favourite bands have released new material in 2016. What a year.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 1:02 am

ultmetal wrote:

Sweden's heavy metal master HAMMERFALL is back with the release of their hotly anticipated 10th studio album 'Built To Last', which is set to see the light of day on November 4th 2016 on Napalm Records. After leaving fans breathless with their first single 'The Sacred Vow...

Not bad, but I still have my breath...

Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 2:57 am

The song is ok. Nothing that special. I learnt never to judge an album based on a single.

Fingers crossed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2016 11:22 am

I always look forward to HammerFall. They're the type of band that doesn't really deviate from their sound but always deliver the goods. I'll be picking this one up.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2016 12:42 pm

I heard a new song called Hammer High that didn't do much for me at all. I've heard they are planning on touring the States next year with Delain.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 2:48 pm

So i was listening to this album earlier tonight on my way back home from work. It has so much potential. Anyone else still playing this one?
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 3:49 pm

Listened a couple times and nothing too memorable.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitimeMon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Listened a couple times and nothing too memorable.

yep. you are spot on.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hammerfal - Built to Last   Hammerfal - Built to Last Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hammerfal - Built to Last
Page 1 of 1