Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Empty
PostSubject: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 04, 2024 3:35 pm

I suppose this was inevitable.

In 2022 when A.A. Milne's original Winnie The Pooh novel passed into Public Domain, we got a cheap Pooh horror movie out of it (Blood & Honey, which I still have yet to see).

As of Jan. 1st, Steamboat Willie, the very first Mickey Mouse cartoon from 1928, became Public Domain, which means that the "Steamboat" version of Mickey is now fair game.

Virtually moments after Steamboat Wilie went P.D., a trailer for an upcoming horror movie called "Mickey's Mouse Trap" (to be released in March '24) hit YouTube.

Well, it looks like it's more competently made than the "Pooh" horror movie anyway... Laughing very hard

I love the idea that this movie was obviously shot months ago, and the filmmakers were just sitting on it all this time, waiting for January 1st so they could go "BAM! Here it is!" Laughing very hard

Time will tell if I bother with this Mickey flick... I may not be able to resist the temptation.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39565

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 6:13 am

Well, you had the Banana Splits, the Grinch and Pooh, so why not Mickey? Haven't seen any one of those, and doubt I ever will, unless they start streaming for free.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 6:54 am

Maybe somewhere down the line we’ll get a Pooh vs Mickey movie. Just like Freddy vs Jason.

Pooh to Mickey: you got my honey!

Mickey to Pooh: silence… Razz

Last edited by Troublezone on Fri Jan 05, 2024 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 6:56 am

How long until we get a gory version of Popeye?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 05, 2024 7:08 am

The Mickey trailer has that “Terrifier” look to it. Good picture quality and atmosphere, but it still feels cheap like a SyFy, Tubi or Netflix made movie.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12615

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 11:06 am

"The Mickey Chainsaw Massacre"

Steamboat goes off at an amusement park and then gets charged with "hate crimes" cause he mutilated transgender patrons. The irony in that is delicious. insane

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2024 12:46 pm

They were Looney Tunes… now they are criminally insane.

Using the Roger Rabbit idea, get these toons some real mayhem going on.

Instead of Merrie Melodies, call it Merry Massacres.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...   First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

First Pooh, now Mickey Mouse gets the horror treatment...
Page 1 of 1