Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Treatment - This Might Hurt

Go down 
+8
Eyesore
Thrasher73
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
manny
exact33
JBall_Z
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

The Treatment - This Might Hurt Empty
PostSubject: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:02 pm

Next Saturday night I will be in Tampa, Florida for The Tour. KISS and Motley Crue. I can't wait! I've heard the opening band will be The Treatment which just released their first full length album called This Might Hurt. So I ordered it from Best Buy, received it today, and I'm spinning it for the first time right now. I'm six songs deep and man, I am lovin' it! They have a track called "Nothing To Lose But Our Minds", hard hard rock with shades of Mott the Hoople. Very cool.

Has anyone else heard this CD? What do you think?
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 7:27 pm

i just heard a couple of songs and this is pretty good.

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 6:28 am

You will be in Tampa? Cool maybe we can meet up, I might head to see that show also.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:18 am

I have it. It's decent enough but nothing special.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 10:25 am

Classic Rock magazine swings from their nuts quite a bit. I've heard a track or 2 from them. Decent enough, but nothing that made me run out and get more.

Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

I've been listening to this for a couple of days now, I still like it. Especially the first five or six tracks (side one, if you will, or even if you won't). It doesn't reinvent the wheel or anything, but it gets the wheel spinning and it rocks.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:52 pm

Judging from the amount of traction this original post got, I'm guessing these guys didn't catch on much 'round these parts. Oh well, here goes nothing...

New album, Generation Me comes out March 18th
The Treatment - This Might Hurt Thetreatmentgenerationmecd

"Generation Me" track listing

01. Let It Begin
02. The Devil
03. Tell Us The Truth
04. Generation Me
05. Backseat Heartbeat
06. Cry Tough
07. We Are Beautiful
08. I Know She Knows
09. Bloodsucker
10. Better Think Again
11. Light The Sun

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 3:53 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Classic Rock magazine swings from their nuts quite a bit. I've heard a track or 2 from them. Decent enough, but nothing that made me run out and get more.

A scant 4 years later and my opinion of these guys has taken a 180. I've found these guys to be quite enjoyable and look forward to a new release from them.

Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:02 pm

I thought for one horrible moment that someone had covered Poison's Cry Tough!!  affraid I was so concerned that I had to check. They haven't it's actually a moderately good AC/DC worship type jam.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Feb 11, 2016 4:12 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
I thought for one horrible moment that someone had covered Poison's Cry Tough!!  affraid I was so concerned that I had to check. They haven't it's actually a moderately good AC/DC worship type jam.

Yea, as far as "modern day" rock bands go, these guys struck a chord with me. Nothing mind-bending, but catchy hard rockin' tunes with enough 80's attitude thrown-in without being over-the-top. 2 full albums and an ep of covers.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 3:13 am

Not bad, I dig it.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeFri Feb 12, 2016 8:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Judging from the amount of traction this original post got, I'm guessing these guys didn't catch on much 'round these parts. Oh well, here goes nothing...

New album, Generation Me comes out March 18th
The Treatment - This Might Hurt Thetreatmentgenerationmecd

"Generation Me" track listing

01. Let It Begin
02. The Devil
03. Tell Us The Truth
04. Generation Me
05. Backseat Heartbeat
06. Cry Tough
07. We Are Beautiful
08. I Know She Knows
09. Bloodsucker
10. Better Think Again
11. Light The Sun

Not sure if I missed the original posts or if I didn't own the album then, but This Might Hurt is excellent! That cover art for the new one looks like they're releasing a crossover thrash album. Haha.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 2:56 pm

I liked Generation Me pretty good. They have a new one.. And a new singer... AGAIN... Kinda sounds like Krokus.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2018 6:12 pm

I don't really hear the Krokus comparison; the vocals aren't rough enough.

And the song isn't terrible but it IS terribly generic IMO.  Sure it's enjoyable while it's playing but 2 minutes after it's over I totally forget it. 

Which was the same basic problem I had with this band way back in the beginning of this thread 6 years ago.  They don't suck and I can enjoy the music for what it is but it's not really something I feel inclined to buy.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 10:42 am

I'm digging the new tune. I'm getting a nice AC/DC-vibe from the band. Their last album, Generation Me, left me cold. The lead singer on that album was kinda bland. This new guy sounds like a better fit. He's got a bit of grit in his voice.

I'm interested.

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9888

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeMon Aug 27, 2018 2:00 pm

Not bad. Smooth rock.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2019 2:21 pm

Bump for new album info...

Power Crazy coming March 22

The Treatment - This Might Hurt Thetreatmentpowercrazy

01. Let's Get Dirty
02. Rising Power
03. On The Money
04. Bite Back
05. Luck Of The Draw
06. Hang Them High
07. Scar With Her Name
08. King Of The City
09. Waiting For The Call
10. Laying It Down
11. The Fighting Song
12. Falling Down

Got a nice AC/DC-vibe going on. I don't like that they've gone through so many singers, but this sounds decent enough.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 8:41 am

Good tune is this yet another singer? It's like they get a new one for every album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:20 am

mikeinfla wrote:
Good tune is this yet another singer? It's like they get a new one for every album.

If I'm reading correctly, they've released 4 albums and 1 ep with 3 different singers.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2019 10:51 am

This singer sounds like the guy from Bonafide.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 4:31 am

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 10:01 am

Sticking with the AC/DC-vibe I see. Alright, I'm cool with that. I'll be picking this one up.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 7:07 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
This singer sounds like the guy from Bonafide.

He sure does.  In fact that whole song sounds like Bonafide to me.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 7:34 pm

Really does, now AC/DC clones are ripping off each other. Laughing
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 8:36 pm

Which is fine in my book.  I have a whole comp of AC/DC clones I can add to.

PostSubject: Re: The Treatment - This Might Hurt   The Treatment - This Might Hurt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Treatment - This Might Hurt
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next