Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!

Go down 
+13
brontotex
exact33
Thrasher73
Jesusandmetal23
James B.
mc666
Required Fields
mez
chewie
Fat Freddy
thejokeriv
Mglaffas81
scottmitchell74
17 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Empty
PostSubject: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 7:37 am

Years ago Iron Maiden had a stop in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and for reasons I can't even remember, I didn't go. I swore to myself then that if they ever came within 3-4 hours of me again I'd go see them.

On June 9, 2010 they will be 3 hours away in Dallas...except I will be out of the country! The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! 308838

This happened a few years ago with Blind Guardian. They were in the area the night before an early flight. Curses!!!
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:32 am

Oh god, that sucks man!! What country are you in at that time?

Well, I feel for you, bro - Hang in there!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:34 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Years ago Iron Maiden had a stop in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area and for reasons I can't even remember, I didn't go. I swore to myself then that if they ever came within 3-4 hours of me again I'd go see them.

On June 9, 2010 they will be 3 hours away in Dallas...except I will be out of the country! The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! 308838

This happened a few years ago with Blind Guardian. They were in the area the night before an early flight. Curses!!!

That TOTALLY sucks!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:39 am

Ouch. Looks like you picked the wrong week to leave the country!

That was the story of my life with Iron Maiden for the entire decade of the '80s. We were like ships passing in the night. Anytime they came thru my area, I was either out of town or had already spent all my $$ on tickets for another band. Didn't get to finally see them till 2000's BRAVE NEW WORLD tour.

Hope the wheel comes round for you again and you can catch'em next time, Scott....

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:08 am

I know how you feel. They will be near me in June and I can't go. I've devised many schemes to try but it's not going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:19 am

I missed Rush about 15 times...I know the feeling.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 11:36 am

That Blows!!!!!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 12:55 pm

Sorry to hear that man! Hopefully they will swing back in when your in town. Course I am sure they will also release this tour on DVD like all tours lately, so you have that as something.....mind you not a complaint, I will take all the IM I can get.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28459

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:34 pm

Hopefully the next time they come around, you'll get to see them.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 1:39 pm

sux to be you

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Maybe when Bruce says "Scream for me Dallas" and they do. It will be loud enough for you to hear it out of the country wherever you may be.

If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:07 pm

detuned wrote:
I missed Rush about 15 times...I know the feeling.

The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_mad The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_cry The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_sad The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_eek The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Affraid The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! 798255
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:12 pm

Sorry bout your luck,Scotty.Maybe one day you'll catch em.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:47 pm

This thread made me realize that I haven't seen Iron Maiden in concert since Jan 28th, 1985 on the Powerslave tour.

Maybe it's time for me to go see them again. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 3:57 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

New Mexico The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_biggrin

brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:03 am

In 13 days, I'll be seeing them for the 8th time.
In New Mexico.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 8:36 am

brontotex wrote:
In 13 days, I'll be seeing them for the 8th time.
In New Mexico.

Me too.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 9:43 am

I'm sure that you'll have plenty chances of seeing Maiden live in the future.

I had Dio tickets for his Munchen 2009 show in my hands, but it was canceled. Then Heaven and Hell were confirmed to play at Sonisphere festival with the big 4, but ... Sad
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:00 am

exact33 wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

New Mexico The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_biggrin

Get tix for the NM show!!!!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 10:01 am

detuned wrote:
This thread made me realize that I haven't seen Iron Maiden in concert since Jan 28th, 1985 on the Powerslave tour.

Maybe it's time for me to go see them again. Laughing very hard

Yep! You should go!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 3:09 pm

Bad luck! Hope you catch up later.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Consolation will be that I'll be on the beach in Barbados...but still!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25905

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 03, 2010 6:22 pm

That sucks you'll miss the show. But you will be on a nice luxurious vacation.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!   The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Horror, oh gawd, the Horror!!
Page 1 of 1