Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What book are you currently reading?

Go down 
+6
nevermore
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
Wrecked Neck
Lari
James B.
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2023 2:02 am

James B. wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:

I read a book about pole shifts many years ago. They predicted that the earth would shift on it's axis on May 5th 2000. I remember that date because I was hoping he was right. It made sense in a way. On that day, all the planets were aligned in a straight line, along with the moon, and his theory was the gravity along with the build up of the ice caps, would be enough to tip us over. Of course I kind of knew it was bullshit, but I still had my hopes up lol Figured, they've happened before, why not now? Laughing very hard

Predicting an exact day is f'n wacky Laughing very hard
There is evidence of it occurring before numerous times, but the 'guesses" as to when are speculative. Rolling Eyes

(IMHDO) The best evidence is the various pyramid structures found globally. More recent construction face the current North; South; East; & West. While older construction is off from current compass points and line up with past pole positions  (in theory)

There is a good documentary on Netflix that talks a bit about that. I can’t bring the name of the series to mind right now, but it was done by Graham Hancock. The series focuses on how archeologists are mostly wrong in their findings, but does touch on pole shifts if memory serves. If that’s not where I’m remembering it from, then there must be another good documentary I’ve seen somewhere that speaks about what you’re saying lol Either way, I agree, tons of scientific evidence that proves it’s happened several times in the earth’s history, and lots of speculation that we are overdue for another one.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2023 10:22 am

The Ragamuffin Gospel by Brennan Manning
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2023 4:06 pm

The Lives of Brian by Brian Johnson of AC/DC

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 10, 2023 6:08 pm

Re-reading: I Slept With Joey Ramone, by Mickey Leigh and Legs McNeil

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 12:11 am

Was never a real big Megadeth fan. Have 5-6 CDs.
I just never really clicked with Mustaine.
So I bought the book MEGALIFE. What an eye opener.
Nick drummed for 10 years with them.
It’s a fascinating read. He’s tough but very smooth.
No way was he kicked out because of drugs !
I recommend the book. For sure. R.I.P. Nick
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 12, 2023 6:55 pm

Elric of Melnibone; The Elric Saga Volume 1, by Michael Moorecock.

Don’t know about you, but if my last name was Moorecock, I’d change it lol
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2023 1:16 pm

"Black Rednecks & White Liberals" by Thomas Sowell

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2023 10:54 pm

Nothing To Lose : The Making Of KISS 1972 - 1975 by Ken Sharp
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2023 12:04 pm

"Race And Culture" (Cultures: Book One) by Thomas Sowell

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 25, 2023 6:22 pm

The Great A&P and The Struggle For Small Business in America, by Marc Levinson

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2023 12:41 pm

Finished "Migrations And Cultures: Cultures Book 2" and started 'Conquests And Cultures: Cultures Book 3", both by Thomas Sowell.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 30, 2023 1:43 pm

"The Forgotten Slave Trade: The European Slaves Of Islam" by Simon Webb

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 01, 2023 1:05 pm

Got a box of Galaxy Science Fiction magazines from the 50's & 60's at an Estate Sale for 10 bucks. crazy happy

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2023 12:50 pm

"Ruby Ridge" by Jess Walter

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 12:37 pm

"White Trash: The 400 Year Untold History Of Class In America" by Nancy isenberg

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2023 1:09 pm

Kirby: King Of Comics by Mark Evanier

Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3172

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2023 8:52 am

Appetite For Dysfunction - Vicky Hamilton
She let GNR into her apartment - mistake.
She also helped out the Crue and Poison.
Mid 80s stuff. She’s careful in what she says etc.
Of course those 3 bands took advantage of her.
Insightful - but very female oriented writing.

Last edited by Glower on Mon May 08, 2023 9:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 21, 2023 11:47 am

"Brain Droppings" by George Carlin

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 22, 2023 4:17 pm

Just reserved Halford's second book Biblical at the library, but to keep me busy till that comes in I am digging into a stack of graphic novels, starting with:

Jack Kirby: The Epic Life of the King of Comics, by Tom Scioli

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2023 1:16 pm

Next off the graphic novel pile:

Star Wars: Skywalker Strikes by Jason Aaron and John Cassaday

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 2:24 pm

"The Scent of A Child's Hair" by Joseph Robinette Biden Jr.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 2:30 pm

"Blowing Willie" by Kamala Devi Harris

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 2:32 pm

"The Day I Met Stephanie Gregory Clifford" By Donald J. Trump

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 2:35 pm

"678 Pages Of Threats To Our Democracy" by Adam Schiff

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2023 4:26 pm

The Three-Body Problem - Cixin Liu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What book are you currently reading?   What book are you currently reading? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What book are you currently reading?
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next