Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)

Go down 
+8
Lari
Witchfinder
nevermore
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9878

Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 3:31 am

New album confirmed headbanger headbanger headbanger

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37639

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 8:12 am

What else is there to say besides, "Woohoo! Bring it on!" ?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 9:48 am

Should be good, like the previous one. 

Strange title though… 

It’s like a cybersecurity company name.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 12:14 pm

Well that “song” in this gives me a Turbo feel. I like most of the songs on that album, but it’s definitely my least favorite one by them. Hope this clip isn’t the direction they went with the new album, has me nervous lol
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 1:25 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Well that “song” in this gives me a Turbo feel. I like most of the songs on that album, but it’s definitely my least favorite one by them. Hope this clip isn’t the direction they went with the new album, has me nervous lol

Yep, it seems they are dusting off the old keyboards for some of this new album.

Not necessarily a bad thing if done right… but who knows until we hear it in its entirety. I can’t imagine them not having at least a few fast paced heavy tunes. This could be their last or next to last album. They wouldn’t leave the fans (and their legacy) with a wimpy piece of crap.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeSun Oct 08, 2023 1:43 pm

headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 3:02 am

A new Priest is always welcome. I did read that it won't be a Firepower 2 though.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 8:51 am

Terrible album name but I'm a Priest fanatic so I'm thrilled to get a new album from them!

Troublezone likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 9:15 am

New Priest is always a welcome addition to the collection. Looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6330

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 09, 2023 10:26 am

Witchfinder wrote:
Terrible album name but I'm a Priest fanatic so I'm thrilled to get a new album from them!

At least it's not a euphemism for anal sex.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 2:20 am

New song kicks ass!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 3:02 am

headbanger headbanger headbanger
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39509

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 6:21 am

Pretty decent tune.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 9:13 am

New song sounds good but the lyrics are kind of klutzy though. "Mass hypnotic, wild neurotic memes?" Oooookay, Rob...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 10:17 am

007 wrote:
Pretty decent tune.

I agree. I thought it was good. Not blown away by it. I need to listen to it more.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 10:26 am

Not bad… but not exactly great either. The keyboards have a Dream Theater feel. I didn’t expect that.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 1:08 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Not bad… but not exactly great either. The keyboards have a Dream Theater feel. I didn’t expect that.

I didn’t care for the keyboards at the beginning, but after that I thought it was a killer tune.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 8:01 pm

Being that most of them are old, the title “Invincible Shield” could describe their adult diapers. Razz
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 13, 2023 11:59 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I didn’t care for the keyboards at the beginning, but after that I thought it was a killer tune.

Actually, the keyboards were kind of fun.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2023 11:17 am

I like the song. Keyboards and the 80's drums in the intro are sexy. It's not the most gripping Priest song ever, but it has charm. Halford's voice sounds a little limited in the beginning and during verses, but then he let's it rip before the solo.

It's a good song, works for me at least. Let's see the full album. At least Fire Power had good staying power.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeMon Oct 16, 2023 4:40 pm

I don’t mind the keyboards on a couple songs. But I have a feeling there will be better songs on this album that are more straightforward.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 8:03 am

Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 2:31 pm

That Trial By Fire song SUUUCCCKKKSS!!!! Not sure what they are thinking but it's definitely trash!! That is NOT the Priest that is loved by fans!!! Surprised people like it. Richie should have kept this progressive crap for his Elegant Weapons band NOT Priest. I am very disappointed!!!!

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 3:41 pm

That sounds nothing like Elegant Weapons.

But it does sound like something off Nostradamus...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 29, 2023 6:19 pm

I thought it was pretty good. (shrugs)

Nice to see Glenn T. in the video too.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)   Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest: Invincible Shield (March 2024)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next