Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?

Go down 
+49
manny
MoonChild
Mattallica667
stormspell
powermacho
Sword Of The Heretic
skullsmasher
DeathCult
Shiney
brontotex
Wargod
Temple of Blood
ghostintheruins
TrogDawn
TheGooch
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
Leatherface
Invader
XYZ
Selvmord
MetalRob331
nevermore
Mglaffas81
SAHB Healer
GrandNational
tohostudios
mez
Mordor
ensiferum2k
Tall Tyrion
candlemass
the sentinel
exact33
Lurideath
DallasBlack
krokus
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Chairman_Smith
mc666
Skysplitter
A Handful of Wayne
INVADERS
Rex
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Troublezone
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:33 am

OK, so I'm a complete dork. I went to Best Buy yesterday afternoon and bagged the new Priest. I had heard it previewed and it peaked my interest. I love Priest and so I was going to get it regardless.

So....I show up, find it on the shelf and lo and behold, A BOX SET! What?!?! 3 LPs, 2 CDs, a Book, and maybe other stuff. I bought the box set and promptly took it home and put it on the shelf. I'll never see the inside of it I guess. I was like a little kid picking up some cool old KISS vinyl or something. I just couldn't bring myself to break the shrinkwrap.

Yes, I bought the normal CD edition as well.

Does anybody know what the contents look like? There was also a book edition of the CD there for $25. Is that the same book that is inside the box?

I'm taking the music for what it is...new Priest. I can take or leave the whole concept thing but, it's cooler than I thought it would be. I like the heavier songs the best of course but, I think it's all pretty well done. I'm still digesting the slower/epic stuff and the interlude tracks. I need more time before giving it a grade.

What's the first impression for you all?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:38 am

Waiting to buy a used copy because i'm not 100% sure about it and i'm not gonna risk the money for a dud.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:40 am

I put in a call to my music-biz connections to see if I can get a freebie promo copy. If not, I'll probably get a copy at Best Buy this week while it's on sale.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:04 am

Bombworks Records wrote:
OK, so I'm a complete dork. I went to Best Buy yesterday afternoon and bagged the new Priest.

Why are you a dork for purchasing Judas Priest? Priest rules!

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:06 am

I guess I'm a dork for buying the box set, not opening it, then buying the normal CD copy. They probably think I'm genius for doing that.

Priest rules!

Did you get all that stuff I sent you?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:08 am

Crud, I totally forgot that this was coming out yesterday... now I'm outta $ till the weekend so I guess it's gonna have to wait
angry

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:18 am

I'll probably pick it up tomorrow night. The normal version that is.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:30 am

i'm gonna wait for a used copy, or a cheap copy as the album really didn't do it for me.
Priest's worst in my eyes Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:31 am

INVADERS wrote:
i'm gonna wait for a used copy, or a cheap copy as the album really didn't do it for me.

Worse than Turbo or Ram It Down? Wow.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:38 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Crud, I totally forgot that this was coming out yesterday... now I'm outta $ till the weekend so I guess it's gonna have to wait
angry

Jeez you just keep forgetting everything dont you? lol
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:41 am

[quote="spectrefate"]
INVADERS wrote:

Worse than Turbo or Ram It Down? Wow.[/quote

Turbo and Ram It Down was bad? Are you serious? I think their worst was Point Of Entry. The new album isnt that bad. The first 2 songs are really good. I'll be listening to the rest of it again on the way to band practice tonight.

Oh and the book version probably isnt any different from the regular cd edition except its in a shape of a book.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:42 am

Never understood the hate for RAM IT DOWN. It's way better than TURBO at any rate. I always felt their worst albums were TURBO and DEMOLITION

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:45 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
angry

Jeez you just keep forgetting everything dont you? lol

It's been a rough week. Right now I have a cold so I spent yesterday @ home doing as little as possible. Now I'm suffering from a NyQuil hangover. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 11:57 am

Bought it yesterday, and I love the album. Unfortunately, I didnt have the money to buy either the hardbound version or the vinyl set, but it doesnt really matter. Since Im a die-hard Priest fan, I had to get the album one way or the other, so I went with the basic 2 disc set. IMO I think the albums great, I don't dislike any of the tunes on it.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:00 pm

I prefer Ram it Down and Turbo to the new album.
Those two albums had some rockin' songs on them (ie: Hard as Iron, Reckless, Ram it Down)....
The only songs I like on the new album are Revelations and the title track.
The new album just doesn't cut, it's more of an atmosphere/mood setting type of album.
I'm just not used to that from Priest... maybe I will like it after more listen, but for now, it's crap.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:01 pm

Rexorcist wrote:
I'll probably pick it up tomorrow night. The normal version that is.
same here, if not tomorrow then sometime this week. no boxed sets for me though.

Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:12 pm

I enjoy it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:37 pm

Count me among the, wait 'til it's used, people. I don't want epic from Priest but i'll give it a shot.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:51 pm

I picked up the normal cd version yesterday. I think the album is cool, but siginificantly lacking Priest-like instrumentation. I think they went too far with this concept/orchestrated thing. I was hoping for a mixture of the epic, atmospheric stuff and some riff-based metal.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 12:58 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:

Turbo and Ram It Down was bad? Are you serious? I think their worst was Point Of Entry.

I like Turbo and Ram It Down and agree that Point of Entry is lame.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:01 pm

Got it

Hey FF - forgetfulness happens when you turn 38!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 1:06 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

Hey FF - forgetfulness happens when you turn 38!

More like "forgetfulness happens when you have children"

As George Costanza once said on "Seinfeld," "My brain... it's... not good."

Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 3:40 pm

I ordered the box set. I already paid for it already by bank but i will have to wait a couple of days to get it home.

Last edited by krokus on Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 6:17 pm

I'll probably get the regular version this weekend. However, after spending more than I shoud have for the new JOP album, I should wait til next week.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:36 pm

Well I think you are just being hard on yourself about buying the box set. I would too just because it's Judas Priest. However, I don't care for the album after all (except a few songs). They (Judas Priest) need to release more box sets!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?   Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest - Nostradamus - DID YOU BUY IT?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next