Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Judas Priest

Go down 
+25
Troublezone
glassprison
Gilbert
tohostudios
Wrecked Neck
Lari
James B.
Glower
MoonChild
SAHB Healer
Leatherface
thejokeriv
XYZ
TheGooch
MetalGuy71
Required Fields
Lurideath
skullsmasher
DallasBlack
A Handful of Wayne
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
mc666
Mattallica667
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Mattallica667
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mattallica667

Number of posts : 89

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 9:32 pm

I recently went to see Priest as part of a 15th anniversary for the Johnny Dare Show (a morning radio talk show in my town). They were opened up a local band called Federation of Horsepower, Drowning Pool, and Jackyl. I didn't see FOH because I had never heard of them and didn't feel like going. I did however see Drowning Pool and Jackyl. DP was amazing and when they played Bodies as an encore everyone went nuts. Jackyl were okay. What bothered me is that their singer wouldn't shut the hell up and that live, quite frankly, they sound like AC/DC on crack. JP was just amazing. It was probably the best show I've ever been to (I've never seen Maiden, KISS, or Slayer, so...). But regardless I loved going and the reason I made this thread was to ask you if you've seen Priest before and tell me how they were live.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:13 pm

i seen them in 1991 with Megadeth & Testament. one of the finest shows i've ever been to.

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:26 pm

I've seen Priest 7x over the years, and they have never disappointed. I even enjoyed them with Ripper at the mic.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:29 pm

Priest were my first concert (TURBO tour, 1986) and I've seen them three other times - RAM IT DOWN tour (1988) and twice on the PAINKILLER tour (1990 and summer of 1991.) I've also seen Halford with Fight on their WAR OF WORDS tour and then with the Halford band opening for Iron Maiden in 2000.

Oh, and I saw Tim "Ripper" Owens' Priest tribute band, British Steele, about two years before he was drafted to join the real Priest.

...so yeah, I'm a big fan. Laughing Priest always threw down live, never disappointed me. One of the best live bands I've ever seen.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 10:32 pm

Havent seen priest yet but will get to see them together with a bunch of other bands I have never seen live before on Aug. 25 for the tour that I just completely forgot the name of but you know which one its got motorhead, testament heaven and hell. that one lol
Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:42 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Havent seen priest yet but will get to see them together with a bunch of other bands I have never seen live before on Aug. 25 for the tour that I just completely forgot the name of but you know which one its got motorhead, testament heaven and hell. that one lol

That would be The Metal Masters tour. I'm going too!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 8:47 am

I'm with you PRD. Aug. 22 will be my first time seeing Judas Priest, Iommi/Geezer, Testament, and Motorhead as well (albeit from a far distance-but I will have my binoculars with me).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
skullsmasher
Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:46 am

I saw Priest on the Turbo tour with Raven in Phoenix AZ back in 1986 then again when they were on the ticket at OzzFest a few years ago. Saw Halford on the Maiden tour for Brave New World I think it was 2000 or 2001. Priest are killer every time and Halford was great on his own too. I was going to see Priest with Ripper at a small club but the show was cancelled due to the September 11th terrorist attack on the World Trade Center.

I'm planning to see them again on the Metal Masters tour, this is a lineup of bands just for me, I can't think of anything that could be much better. Dio Sabbath and the real Priest!!! Add in Motorhead and Testament, What a show. it's gonna be great.
Back to top Go down

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 11:41 am

I just saw Priest for the first time on July 23. It was amazing. I've never heard such loud bass drums. "Dissident Aggressor" blew my mind. The double bass made my jeans shake about.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:20 pm

I have never seen Priest ever, so September 1st will be my first time! Here in Vegas, it is just Priest by themselves. No openers at all so we'll probably get an extended set, which I am really looking fwd to.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:48 pm

What I wouldn't give to see them live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:23 am

I've seen Priest 3 or 4 times. Once with Owens at the mic, the rest with Halford. Unfortunately, the times I've seen them has been in the later years, never in their "prime", but the shows have been great nonetheless. Rob, though sounding great, moves about the stage like an old man. I wouldn't mind seeing him put a little more effort into his stage moves.

My favorite time seeing Priest live was the one and only time I went to OzzFest. They had just gotten back with Halford. After performing their whole set, an announcement was made the Ozzy was sick and would not be performing in the headlining slot with Sabbath. Instead, Halford stepped in and did the gig with Tony, Geezer and Bill. I think I enjoyed that more than the Priest show earlier.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:04 pm

saw priest with kiss and motorhead and kiss blew them away to be fair although they were still awesome it is just the kiss live show is probably the best in the world
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 pm

I would love to see them live, especially now since they'll be coming to town with Heaven and Hell, Testament and Motorhead.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:52 pm

I upgraded my ticket from Lawn to Orchestra section!!!! Going on Thursday!!!!!!!!!! Nissan Pavillion!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:15 pm

I have yet to see them, but hopefully I will. They never play near where I live.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:18 pm

Leatherface wrote:
I have yet to see them, but hopefully I will. They never play near where I live.

Well maybe they will play your prison like Metallica played San Quinton. lol!
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:23 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Leatherface wrote:

Well maybe they will play your prison like Metallica played San Quinton. lol!
Maybe! They are going to be building a new one where I live! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:29 am

I went to see them headline for UFO in the late 70's; and they scared the living crap out of me (in a good way...I think). I had never seen (or heard anything like it before).
I saw them again with Iron Maiden in 1982. Obviously another great show, but I was prepared for it so it didn't have the shock effect of the first time.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 1:03 pm

Listen to the new live album streaming here...

http://www.metalsucks.net/2009/07/07/judas-priest-a-touch-of-evil-live-exclusive-full-album-stream/

Sounds decent enough, but I don't generally get too exited over live albums. I'll probably get this at some point, I suppose.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 11:50 am

Downing :: Tipton - my main reason to love Judas Priest. Rest everything is a bonus, to me. Classic band with a near perfect Guitarist duo.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 1:31 pm

I bought a ticket to see them live in November this morning.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3175

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 3:04 pm

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 10:50 pm

I was on my way to see Priest open for Zeppelin at Oakland Colosseum in 77 with my brother. (they were a definite side note at the time) We broke down on the way. Brother says, "Don't trip lkiddo, we'll hit the L.A show" Needless to say,  Oakland was the last U.S.A show due to Plant'\s kid passing away.

Saw Priest in 79, 80, 82, 83, 85, and whatever year "Angel of Retribution" came out.

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2021 6:06 pm

JUDAS PRIEST To Release Massive 42-CD Box Set In October
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Judas Priest Empty
PostSubject: Re: Judas Priest   Judas Priest Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Judas Priest
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next