Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset

Go down 
+6
Gilbert
James B.
metalinmyveins
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 10:55 pm

It’s just $43 on Amazon for America.

I can handle that. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:17 pm

Troublezone wrote:

I can handle that. Smile

Problem is with the shipping fees. Around 82$.

Unless i retain the services of a private shipping company. Will cost much less.

Will see.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:27 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I can handle that. Smile

Unless i retain the services of a private shipping company. Will cost much less.

Will see.

If you buy $25 worth of merch on Amazon and it qualifies, shipping is free (here in America). Not sure if that applies to your area.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:36 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Gilbert wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

I can handle that. Smile

Will see.

If you buy $25 worth of merch on Amazon and it qualifies, shipping is free (here in America). Not sure if that applies to your area.

Not sure it applies. Anyways, there are shipping agents who can have the Amazon orders delivered to a valid local US address, then sent via fast courier. Costs less.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 26, 2021 11:38 pm

I will have a friend of mine in the US pick this up for me.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 12:06 am

Shipping to other countries is super expensive. I once bought a extra copy of that Black Sabbath CD they were only releasing to people at the shows for The End tour. The guy that I picked it up for, ended up spending something like $75.00 for the single CD. CD was $35.00 if memory serves, then shipping was more than the CD cost. I felt guilty when I told him how much it was going to be, but he didn't care one bit. Good luck with yours Gilbert, hope prices are less these days.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 1:38 am

It's €34.99 on Amazon.de. Free shipping. I'll probably order in October together with the KK's Priest CD.

But for €35, I don't expect the packaging to be all that great.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 2:08 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Shipping to other countries is super expensive. I once bought a extra copy of that Black Sabbath CD they were only releasing to people at the shows for The End tour. The guy that I picked it up for, ended up spending something like $75.00 for the single CD. CD was $35.00 if memory serves, then shipping was more than the CD cost. I felt guilty when I told him how much it was going to be, but he didn't care one bit. Good luck with yours Gilbert, hope prices are less these days.

Thanks man.

Normally, i don't mind spending money on stuff that i really need. But it happens that i already own all the Overkill cds.

That's why i am considering spending the amount on other releases. Will see how things go.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 27, 2021 5:22 pm

Gilbert wrote:
I will have a friend of mine in the US pick this up for me.

That's probably the best way for you.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 3:59 pm

Lari wrote:
I think I'll get it. The CD set looks a little cheap though. No booklets?
It is indeed a little on the cheap side. CD sleeves in a box. The box is alright, looks good on the shelf. Sturdy. But the sleeves are 'meh' (I like how the album art looks on them though, like it would be on vinyl, I suppose) and obviously there are no booklets like I guessed. It was not expensive so all is well. But maybe jewel cases of a few of my favourites would have been enough.

Then again, now I get private time with albums I probably never would have picked up, like Under the Influence, I Hear Black and W.F.O.

Before playing any on the system, I already popped the discs in my PC so I can rip them to Youtube Music, and the final track of W.F.O. is 28 minutes long. I assume it has bonus/hidden stuff on it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 09, 2021 4:25 pm

Lari wrote:

Before playing any on the system, I already popped the discs in my PC so I can rip them to Youtube Music, and the final track of W.F.O. is 28 minutes long. I assume it has bonus/hidden stuff on it.

The original CD release was 99 tracks! After the last proper album track, most of them were just one or two seconds of silence, but then, buried waaaaayyy towards the end was what sounds like a drunken jam session. They play bits of Priest's "The Ripper," Hendrix's "Voodoo Chile" and something else, I can't remember what it was cuz I haven't listened to it in awhile.

(EDIT: It's Sabbath's "Heaven & Hell.")

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 5:08 pm

Wonder if they've considered making a box set (or even a best of) for all of the post-1994 material. Maybe even remix The Killing Kind (a good album that, like a lot of CMC material, was plagued by awful production).
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 5:44 pm

Hadley wrote:
Wonder if they've considered making a box set (or even a best of) for all of the post-1994 material. Maybe even remix The Killing Kind (a good album that, like a lot of CMC material, was plagued by awful production).

They did that a couple of years ago, it was called Historikill.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 6:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hadley wrote:

They did that a couple of years ago, it was called Historikill.

So now we need one covering Ironbound through the Winds of War.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2021 10:28 pm

Historikill is one awesome box set.

I will probably order the Atlantic Years one in January. Enough cds for 2021.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2021 1:25 am

Gilbert wrote:
Historikill is one awesome box set.

I will probably order the Atlantic Years one in January. Enough cds for 2021.

The collector in me could not resist, so i ender up ordering the box set Razz
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 3:21 pm

Lari wrote:
Lari wrote:
I think I'll get it. The CD set looks a little cheap though. No booklets?
It is indeed a little on the cheap side. CD sleeves in a box. The box is alright, looks good on the shelf. Sturdy. But the sleeves are 'meh' (I like how the album art looks on them though, like it would be on vinyl, I suppose) and obviously there are no booklets like I guessed. It was not expensive so all is well. But maybe jewel cases of a few of my favourites would have been enough.

Then again, now I get private time with albums I probably never would have picked up, like Under the Influence, I Hear Black and W.F.O.

I've been playing the discs in order and yesterday and today I got to I Hear Black, and after listening to it twice... oh boy.... it's just crap. I didn't realise the band went downhill that fast after four real good records (I even liked Under the Influence a lot now that I got it). But I Hear Black sounds like grunge. They're suddenly Alice in Chains. It's boring and slow, yes some groove but not enough to keep me interested.

And this coming from someone who thought Testament's The Ritual is an awesome album. Different, but real well done. I don't know if the Overkill album is well done or not, but it just doesn't grab me. At all. I want to play it for my wife. She likes grunge.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 23, 2021 3:34 pm

W.F.O. is a massive improvement over I Hear Black IMO, even though its total Pantera worship.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset   Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Overkill (the Atlantic years) boxset
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2