Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021

Go down 
+2
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39609

What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 7:22 pm

Ha! I don't think there's ever been a good Super Bowl halftime show. Even if my team happens to be playing in it, I skip it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 7:41 pm

There have been a few I watched.  The Who, Tom Petty, even Lady Gaga (I can't stand most of her music but at least she's got talent) But ever since the dreaded Blackeyed Peas halftime it's always been "artists" I've either hated or never even heard of.  Like this clown Weeknd.  I could tell just by the "stpd" name it "wld" be "sumbdy" I'd hate.  But for grins I sampled some tracks and yep, another "tlntlss", "mron".

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 7:50 pm

That was an interesting stat Jim Nance just dropped.

Kansas City's last 8 wins have been by a combined total of 32 points. Talk about playing and winning a lot of close games...

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 1:38 pm

I looked at the list of musical performers for SuperBowl, and I don't know who any of them are.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 5:01 pm

Me neither.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 6:55 pm

Superbowl. Meh, I don't particularly like either team so I just want a good game.

I abstained from all the pre-game bullshit and just watched Animal Planet Puppy Bowl. Man, there were some cute pups this year; I particularly liked the Norwegian Elkhound pup and as usual he was adopted. That's going to be one big brute of a dog in a few years but he was adorable. And as usual they shorted the cats in the halftime show although they did note the ones that had been adopted. I liked the kitten that carried the mouse in his mouth and dragged the thing it was attached to behind him; that cracked me up and reminded me of my Squirrel who does that kind of stuff all the time.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 7:47 pm

Budweiser promoting the game. Their promo tag line for Bud Zero is "Same taste, zero alcohol".

So let me get this straight, I get the same godawful, horsepiss taste of Budweiser AND you're not going to give me a buzz for enduring your taste torture Oh yeah, I'm all in for that...

sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2021 9:53 pm

As usual, the Superbowl was a boring snoozefest.

And not even any decent ads to break up the boredom. This whole NFL season has been a big yawnfest for me; bring on March Madness.

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 1:33 am

The first half was pretty good.

I think they should have picked the MVP from Buccaneers' defense, instead of just going with Brady.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2021 2:22 am

https://twitter.com/NextGenStats/status/1358628748082429952
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2021 7:14 pm

Watching ESPN's presentation of the 50th anniversary of the 1971 Frazier/Ali fight.

This is really cool.  They've digitally enhanced the closed circuit TV feed from 1971 and it looks pretty good.  Not hi-def obviously but as close as you're ever likely to see 50 year old video look.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 6:28 pm

Today I watched Illinois and Ohio State battle for the Big 10 tournament championship.  Great game won by Illinois in OT.  They're a number 1 seed in the Big Dance.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 14, 2021 6:54 pm

Now watching the Tournament Selection Show

The brackets this year are a mess prediction-wise.  I like Illinois to get to the Final Four but other than that it's a lot of tough picks.  Everyone is picking Illinois to get to the Final Four and ultimately lose to Gonzaga.  I'm sick of Gonzaga so while I think they'll get to the Final Four I want them to get knocked off somewhere along the line.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 19, 2021 9:00 pm

I took off work today (as usual during March Madness) so I've been flipping between all the games.  My brackets are already blown up thanks to ORU beating Ohio State; I should know better than to put my chips in with the Buckeyes because they always choke.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2021 5:41 pm

Last night I watched Gonzaga eke out a last second win in OT over 11th seed UCLA in an instant classic March Madness game.

Today I watched the Red annihilate the Cardinals 12-1 in an instantly forgettable game.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 6:05 pm

OK 007, what the hell was this by your Pirates today??

I mean, the Cardinals played really crappy defense in the just-completed White Sox series (5 errors in 3 games) but nothing remotely like that.  A rundown play between home and first?????

And that brain fart helped the Cubs tie the Cardinals for first in the NL Central right now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 8:54 pm

I didn't see that but heard about it. That's Little League play there. How embarrassing.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 9:03 pm

MLB Network spotlighted it on the MLB Now show that looks into ongoing games during the day.  Everyone was stunned.  Who is that playing first for the Pirates?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 9:33 pm

I believe that is Will Craig.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2021 9:42 pm

Yep that's who it is.  If you google his name the first things that come up are that play and how it's the "worst play I've ever seen".  I almost feel sorry for the guy except he's 26 and by now he should know better.  He has very little major league experience but you only need Little League experience to know that on that play you just step on first and the inning's over.  Even if he forgot there were two outs I can't really explain what he did given how close he was to first when he fielded the ball.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 6:18 am

lol! He'll never live that down.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 9:15 am

I can't wait for MLB Central in about 45 minutes. Mark DeRosa is going to go off on that play.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25876

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 4:11 pm

Caught the last of the Braves/Cards game last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 21, 2021 9:49 pm

You didn't miss anything. After the Cardinals clobbered the Braves 9-1 in game 1 after being clobbered the two previous games by a combined 13-1, STL went back to not having any idea what hitting is and lost 1-0. Our pitching woes are understandable given all the injuries but the lack of offense is a mystery.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 27, 2021 6:21 pm

Watched the Cardinals continue to give Hoover a run for their money in sucking.  First they lost 2 straight to Detroit and now 3 out of 4 to Pittsburgh.  And I mean those losses weren't even competitive.  Lousy starting pitching and anemic offense is a deadly combination and we've got both.  The only starting pitcher who's been worth a crap is soon-to-be 40 year old Adam Wainwright. Everybody else has an ERA north of 5.00.  And the only people hitting are Yadier Molina and Nolan Arenado.

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021   What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS did you watch today? 2021
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next