Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 11:31 am

"The Liquidator" (1966)

A British intelligence officer hires a dim-witted American ex-soldier to work for them as a top secret, off-the-books assassin, code named "L." However, their new agent (Rod Taylor) would rather schmooze with the ladies (especially his boss' secretary, the smokin' hot Jill St. John) than kill bad guys. Eventually, however, his ineptitude gets him mixed up in a plot to assassinate a member of Britain's royal family, and he has to save the day.  
This was a fun James Bond knock off that straddled the line between spoof and legit action thriller. Taylor is clearly having fun and Trevor Howard is great as his increasingly exasperated boss. This was obviously intended to be the start of of a new film franchise, but by the time "Liquidator" hit theaters the mid Sixties "spy" craze was already past its peak.

"Liquidator" shares several traits with the Bond franchise: it was based on a series of novels by John Gardner, who later took over writing the 007 novels in the 1980s; Shirley "Goldfinger" Bassey sings the film's theme song; and Jill St. John would later play a legit Bond girl in 1971's Diamonds Are Forever.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Babylon 5 - Season 2

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 2:03 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 3:24 pm

Finished Disc 3 of Married With Children.

This one ended with the episode where Peg's family comes to visit. Among the family is the late King Kong Bundy. It never dawned on me until I watched this last night how ironic it was that Bundy was playing a role in a show featuring The Bundys.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 3:52 pm

"Uptown Saturday Night" (1974)

Two workin' class dudes (Bill Cosby and Sidney Poitier) B.S. their way into a party at a swanky after hours club, just before a maksed gang breaks in and robs everyone in the place. The next day, Poitier learns that the lottery ticket that was in his wallet (which was stolen) is worth $50,000... so he and Cos embark on a series of wacky adventures to find out who the bad guys were and recover the ticket before they discover its value. Richard Pryor, Harry Belafonte, and Flip Wilson turn up in supporting roles.
This funny, funky '70s flick was the first of three buddy comedies starring Cosby and Poitier (who also directed), which were intended to provide an alternative to the ultra-violent "blaxploitation" films of the era. It hasn't aged particularly well but there are a few laughs to be had and it's also kind of weird/cool to see "Cos" (with a beard!) playing an edgier, more streetwise character, instead of the straight laced family man type he became known for later.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:04 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 3:57 pm

I haven’t yet, but I plan on watching John Carpenter’s “They Live”. It’s one of my favorites.

And it’s more relevant now than ever.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 4:37 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I haven’t yet, but I plan on watching John Carpenter’s “They Live”. It’s one of my favorites.

The mask I wear while out in public is from that movie. It's just a black mask with "obey" written in white lettering.

Since being locked away in my apartment for three weeks I could fill up five pages of shit I've watched. Here's how bored I've been:

Survivor reruns on Amazon
Supernatural on Netflix
Jeopardy on Netflix
Breaking bad on Netflix
Unacknowledged on Amazon
Back to the future trilogy on bluray
Hunger games on bluray
Citizen Kane on DVD
Batman on cable with Jack Nicholson
The five venoms on Netflix
Two nfl games last week. I boycotted the nfl, but needed mindless garbage to zone out on
The breakfast club on DVD
Star wars rogue one bluray
The Lord of the rings trilogy on DVD extended version
Pink Floyd Delicate Sound of Thunder on bluray
Napoleon dynamite on cable
Taken on cable
Whiplash on DVD
This is the end on DVD
We bought a zoo on cable
Bully on DVD
Step brothers on bluray
2001 on bluray
Rambo first blood on bluray

And I'm sure I've forgotten several but that's all I can remember. I hope to hell I can go to work this week, I'm running out of shit to watch.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 4:37 pm

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Tenor
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 4:38 pm

007 wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Tenor

Obey! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 4:41 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

The mask I wear while out in public is from that movie. It's just a black mask with "obey" written in white lettering.

That’s cool! Where did you buy it?
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 4:55 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Think it was on eBay. If memory serves they were made to order. Think I just typed obey mask in the search option and found it.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 5:12 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Think it was on eBay. If memory serves they were made to order. Think I just typed obey mask in the search option and found it.

It’s very appropriate. I love that movie.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 5:20 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

It’s very appropriate. I love that movie.
Yup, best fight scene ever, and seems more like a documentary than a piece of fiction at times. Might watch it tonight, been a couple years.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 9:30 pm

"Tremors: Shrieker Island" (2020)

In the seventh (!) installment in the "Tremors" series, ace monster hunter Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) is summoned to the South Seas, where a tech billionaire has "stocked" his own private island with genetically modified Graboids and is sponsoring a massive Big Game Hunt... which, of course, goes horribly wrong.
Basically this is yet another cheesy-but-fun, low budget monster mash bolted together out of parts from "Predator" and "Jurassic Park," though the downer ending seems to indicate that this may be the final film in the series. Time will tell, I suppose.

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 9:34 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Tremors: Shrieker Island" (2020)

In the seventh (!) installment in the "Tremors" series, ace monster hunter Burt Gummer (Michael Gross) is summoned to the South Seas, where a tech billionaire has "stocked" his own private island with genetically modified Graboids and is sponsoring a massive Big Game Hunt... which, of course, goes horribly wrong.
Basically this is yet another cheesy-but-fun, low budget monster mash bolted together out of parts from "Predator" and "Jurassic Park," though the downer ending seems to indicate that this may be the final film in the series. Time will tell, I suppose.

Geez. I can’t believe how many sequels they have. I guess it’s Michael Gross’s bread and butter.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 6:52 am

Super 8
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2021 3:40 pm

The Silencing (2020)

A former hunter,who now runs an animal sanctuary, and a sheriff become entangled in a deadly conflict with a serial killer who may be responsible for the hunter's daughter's disappearance 5 years earlier. A rather entertaining thriller with a pretty good cast.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 7:22 am

Yesterday: Pulp Fiction

Today I will watch: Kick Ass 2
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 8:18 am

Two Sentence Horror Stories

Trickster
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 11:10 am

"The Return of Spinal Tap" (1992)

Spinal Tap's triumphant Break Like the Wind reunion tour is immortalized with a live set taped at London's Royal Albert Hall in 1992. This fun concert video features all the hits and lots of tongue-in-cheek "behind the scenes" bits in between songs, as "David," "Nigel," and "Derek" visit some old haunts and catch up with past associates like director Marty DiBergi (Rob Reiner), Artie Fufkin (Paul Schaffer) and Air Force Col. Hookstratten (Fred Willard).

This isn't exactly a "sequel" to the classic mockumentary, but it's a fun watch and the live show is a hoot with lots of visual gags amidst the musical mayhem. The Spinal Tap guys may have been playing characters, but they really could play their instruments, and this video is proof.

One of my great regrets is that I didn't see the Tap when they played in NYC on this tour (sigh).

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 6:45 pm

I've never even heard of that movie. I love This Is Spinal Tap so that one is a must see.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 6:52 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 7:01 pm

The "lyrics" are classic;  deliberately stupid lyrics long before Steel Panther even existed.

"How could I leave this behind?"

Hey exact, there's a great pun for ya!

Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2021 7:58 pm

And they did it much better than Steel Panther. Without the unnecessary vulgarity.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 28, 2021 2:12 am

The Human Centipede 2 (Full Sequence)(2011)-a rather disturbed loner who is obsessed with the first THC film to the point where he abducts 12 people in order to make his own Human Centipede come to life. Much nastier and graphic than the first film, this one doesn't pull any of it's punches as the filmmaker sets out to really push the envelope with this one. Even being shot in black and white doesn't really stop this one from being a sick ride. Still, not what I would call a great or even good film, but watchable for one viewing. I still have one more sequel to "look forward to" I guess. 2/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 4 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 20 ... 36  Next