Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 12:32 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

contain yourself there bub!!!!

Oh please. Like you're watching that show for the compelling plots, the performances, or the state of the art special effects. Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2021 6:27 pm

"Heat" (1986)

A down-on-his-luck tough guy for hire (Burt Reynolds) gets mixed up with Las Vegas mobsters after doing a favor for a lady friend.  
This slow moving "action" thriller takes forever to get to the "action" part. Burt tries his best with the thin material, but this flick was not one of his better efforts. Skip it.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 8:19 am

Jeeves and Wooster - Series 3

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 2:02 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 4:53 pm

Cold, damp, clammy, windy day out there today... perfect for stayin' in and watchin' horror movies:

"Edge of the Axe" (1988)

An axe wielding nut job is hacking his way through the residents of a sleepy California mountain town, and a pair of computer genius teens try to use technology to discover the killer's identity before he can strike again.
This Spanish-American co-production came along a bit too late in the slasher craze to have much impact, but it was better than I expected -- it's got fairly decent production values, a cool looking killer, and lotsa violent & bloody death scenes. Neat stuff for fans of obscure '80s horrors.

"Cell" (2016)

Boston residents John Cusack and Samuel L. Jackson hit the road looking for a rumored "safe zone" when a mysterious cell phone signal turns everyone in the city into homicidal maniacs. Based on Stephen King's novel, this flick started off pretty promising (I read the book years ago and loved the premise) but unfortunately it falls off a cliff pretty quickly due to obvious budget restraints (lots of crappy CGI). Cusack and Jackson make it watchable, but after awhile this turned into just another cheap zombie flick. Disappointing.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 6:52 pm

The Waltons
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2021 11:13 pm

I just watched the new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2021 10:01 pm

"Split Second" (1992)

A burnt-out cop (Rutger Hauer) in the decaying, flooded London of 2008 (hah!) is saddled with a dorky new partner, and the pair are assigned to track down a suspected serial killer. However, as the bodies keep piling up, they realize that the murderer may not even be human.
This ultra-violent cyberpunk mashup of "Blade Runner" and "Predator" is certainly not a great movie by any means, but it is a fun one. Hauer is a hoot as the bad-ass cop, there's some sweet gore and impressive set designs,and the reveal of the mysterious killer is legit creepy. All in all, a decent time waster.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18928

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 2:04 am

Dredd
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 7:17 am

'Out of Africa'
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 8:28 am

Wild Boar (2019)

Strange movie about treasure hunters stumbling upon a hidden colony of mutant pig men that hunt humans they come across. Briskly paced and some great make up for the creatures but an otherwise poorly made film with plot inconsistencies that I won't get into without spoiling anything.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2021 9:35 pm

"The Children" (1980)

A toxic waste cloud turns a school bus full of kids into atomic zombie like creatures who kill grown ups by touching them. This could've been a cool concept in the right hands, but this flick's cheap look, sluggish pacing and inept performances quickly turn it into an unintentional comedy. The first hour is a slog but the last 30 minutes, when the idiot adults finally band together to fight the killer kids, are a total hoot.
I had never seen this movie before tonight, but I vividly remember that the TV commercials for it absolutely scared the livin' s*** out of me when I was a kid. Obviously I was easier to spook back then, haha.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Fri Jan 22, 2021 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 6:12 am

Walker series premiere
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

Number of posts : 688

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 2:21 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Split Second" (1992)

A burnt-out cop (Rutger Hauer) in the decaying, flooded London of 2008 (hah!) is saddled with a dorky new partner, and the pair are assigned to track down a suspected serial killer. However, as the bodies keep piling up, they realize that the murderer may not even be human.
This ultra-violent cyberpunk mashup of "Blade Runner" and "Predator" is certainly not a great movie by any means, but it is a fun one. Hauer is a hoot as the bad-ass cop, there's some sweet gore and impressive set designs,and the reveal of the mysterious killer is legit creepy. All in all, a decent time waster.

Kim Catrall also, I'm in, lol   Rainy week ahead here, So be a good time to watch. On Amazon Prime

cheers

Last edited by assault_attack on Fri Jan 22, 2021 8:34 pm; edited 1 time in total

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 4:05 pm

New movie on Netflix. Interesting so far.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2021 6:14 pm

mikeinfla wrote:

New movie on Netflix. Interesting so far.

Fan of Noomi Rapace. Watched a while back..

Enjoy!
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 8:27 am

Dave
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 9:14 am

Tried to watch KISS in Dubai recently, what a joke.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 9:49 am

WandaVision episode 3
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 11:27 am

"Class of Nuke 'Em High" (1986)

A leaky nuclear power plant near a small town high school has disastrous effects on the student body, turning the honor society kids into a gang of murderous punks and causing a clean-cut preppie girl to give birth to a horrific mutation.

This post-nuke parody of the "teens-run-amuck" genre from the legendary Troma Films (of "Toxic Avenger" fame) features all of their usual trademarks -- fifth grade level humor, gratuitious boobs and ultra-violence, shameless, bug-eyed overacting by everyone in the cast, and lots of cheap, slimy gross-out gore. Obviously it's silly as hell (on purpose) but I'm not gonna lie, it made me laugh out loud a few times.

Fun fact: they filmed parts of this in my home town (Paramus, New Jersey) when I was in high school. My friends and I watched them shoot the bit where the mutant bikers crash the school bake sale. For all I know, I might be in the background of that scene, but even after repeated viewings over the years I've never been able to find myself in the crowd of extras.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 12:25 pm

WKRP in Cincinnati - Season 4

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 3:16 pm

exact33 wrote:

An excellent series canceled way too soon.
Back to top Go down
assault_attack
Metal master
Metal master
assault_attack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 6:27 pm

assault_attack wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
"Split Second" (1992)

Kim Catrall also, I'm in, lol   Rainy week ahead here, So be a good time to watch. On Amazon Prime

cheers

Good rainy day movie! If you watch you know what I am talking about.

I liked this movie a lot.

Thanks for the heads up!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 6:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"Class of Nuke 'Em High" (1986)

A leaky nuclear power plant near a small town high school has disastrous effects on the student body, turning the honor society kids into a gang of murderous punks and causing a clean-cut preppie girl to give birth to a horrific mutation.

This post-nuke parody of the "teens-run-amuck" genre from the legendary Troma Films (of "Toxic Avenger" fame) features all of their usual trademarks -- fifth grade level humor, gratuitious boobs and ultra-violence, shameless, bug-eyed overacting by everyone in the cast, and lots of cheap, slimy gross-out gore. Obviously it's silly as hell (on purpose) but I'm not gonna lie, it made me laugh out loud a few times.

Fun fact: they filmed parts of this in my home town (Paramus, New Jersey) when I was in high school. My friends and I watched them shoot the bit where the mutant bikers crash the school bake sale. For all I know, I might be in the background of that scene, but even after repeated viewings over the years I've never been able to find myself in the crowd of extras.

I saw this a long, long time ago - probably as soon as it showed up at Blockbuster. This was back in the days when I was living in TN and would go over to my friend's house every Saturday night to watch horror movies and pound beers. Between the time that's elapsed since and the pounded brewskis I don't remember a thing about it other than that it was typical Troma.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2021 7:39 pm

007 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

An excellent series canceled way too soon.

yeah! Its been years since I saw it last but it is a lot of fun. I could not find it streaming and the dvd could use some remastering but it is cool

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 3 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19 ... 36  Next