Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021

Go down 
+12
assault_attack
Troublezone
mikeinfla
Required Fields
Wrecked Neck
tohostudios
nevermore
Leatherface
manny
exact33
Fat Freddy
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 5:21 pm

"A View to a Kill" (1985)

In Roger Moore's final turn as James Bond, 007 travels from Siberia to France and finally to San Francisco on the trail of Max Zorin (Christopher Walken) -- an insane industrialist who plans to corner the world's microchip market by destroying Silicon Valley. The late Tanya Roberts is Bond's female sidekick this time around.
This one is generally considered the worst of Moore's era, but I've always liked it. It's certainly livelier than the sluggish "Octopussy," and though Tanya couldn't act worth a damn (basically, her role in this movie is to repeatedly get into peril so she can scream "James, HELP ME!" a lot), she sure could fill out a set of satin pajamas.
As an added bonus, the theme song by Duran Duran is one of the great earworms of the mid '80s.
Roger Moore was 57 years old during filming and legend has it that his decision to leave the Bond role came when Tanya Roberts' mother visited the set one day and he realized that SHE was younger than him... ouch. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Jan 09, 2021 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 5:29 pm

Buck Rogers in the 25th Century - Season 1

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
http://exact3.tripod.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 5:35 pm

exact33 wrote:

Mmmm... Erin Gray... (gurgle gurgle)....
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 S-l400

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 5:44 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
exact33 wrote:

Mmmm... Erin Gray... (gurgle gurgle)....
TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 S-l400

contain yourself there bub!!!!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 6:11 pm

Quote :

Oh please. Like you're watching that show for the compelling plots, the performances, or the state of the art special effects. Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 6:16 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Oh please. Like you're watching that show for the compelling plots, the performances, or the state of the art special effects. Laughing very hard

watching for the guest stars!!!!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2021 7:13 pm

I remember the ONLY reason I watched that show was Erin Gray. greedy

Fat Freddy likes this post

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 10:51 am

"Snake Eater III: His Law" (1992)

In the third and (thankfully) final installment of the cartoonish ultra-cheap action trilogy, John "Soldier" Kelly (Lorenzo Lamas, wooden as ever) has been suspended from the police department (again) for disorderly conduct, so he takes a side gig as a private eye. His first clients are an elderly couple who want him to rescue their daughter from a vicious biker gang, which leads to the usual poorly acted shoot'em up mayhem. Think "Stone Cold" on a cheese and crackers budget. Sharp eyed wrestling fans may recognize the late "Bam Bam" Bigelow as one of the biker heavies.
"Snake Eater III" is probably the most well made of the trilogy, but once again, that's faint praise because all three of them are still basically crap...but at least they were fun crap.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 2:07 pm

Kolchak:The Night Stalker
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 10, 2021 9:43 pm

"Nemesis" (1992)

Set in a cyberpunk 2027 where cyborgs co-exist with humans, a former L.A. cop (French martial artist Olivier Gruner, whose accent is even more impenetrable than Jean-Claude Van Damme's) is called back to active duty to recover a microchip that will stop the machines from replacing humans altogether... or something like that.  
This mish mash of bits borrowed from the "Terminator" and "Blade Runner" franchises features some cool stunt work and pyrotechnics, and the supporting cast includes some dependable B-Movie regulars like Tim Thomerson and Brion James, but the plot doesn't make a lick of sense. That's not exactly a surprise, because this was directed by Albert "Cyborg" Pyun, who can create impressive action sequences, but can't tell a story worth a damn. Eventually I gave up trying to follow the story and just watched stuff explode.
"Nemesis" was somehow followed by numerous sequels, all of which I shall be sure to avoid. Simply awful!

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jan 11, 2021 1:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 7:04 am

exact33 wrote:
I need to watch this sometime. I actually found the complete series in a $5 bin at Walmart several years ago. I watched a couple of episodes and then kind of forgot about it. It didn't seem as cool as when I was a kid. But I DO need to watch all of the episodes at some point because I really enjoyed it when I was young. I remember the episode where guest star Mark Lenard removed his head! And an episode that had Gary Coleman. 

I recently saw Erin Gray on an episode of Star Trek continues (one of the fan made YouTube series). Gil Gerard was in one as well but I am not sure if it was that series or another.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 7:13 am

Justice League Dark: Akopolips War
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 6:25 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I need to watch this sometime. I actually found the complete series in a $5 bin at Walmart several years ago. I watched a couple of episodes and then kind of forgot about it. It didn't seem as cool as when I was a kid. But I DO need to watch all of the episodes at some point because I really enjoyed it when I was young. I remember the episode where guest star Mark Lenard removed his head! And an episode that had Gary Coleman. 

I recently saw Erin Gray on an episode of Star Trek continues (one of the fan made YouTube series). Gil Gerard was in one as well but I am not sure if it was that series or another.

Buck Rogers was just released on blu ray. It is dated but it is a lot of fun typical network TV 70s sci fi.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 6:26 pm

manny wrote:

What's your thought on this? I have been getting some of the DC animated universe and this is on my list.

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2021 8:41 pm

Today I watched more of Disc 3 of Ken Burns' "The War" - the story of World War II. As I've been watching this I've gained a new-found respect for the men who fought in that war against seemingly impossible odds.

Ken Burns is the master of telling these types of historical stories, bringing you all the perspectives of everyone involved.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39578

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 6:16 am

Two Sentence Horror Stories
Trickster
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 7:20 am

exact33 wrote:
manny wrote:

What's your thought on this? I have been getting some of the DC animated universe and this is on my list.

I usually love these movies from DC Animated Universe but I felt this was one of the weakest films they have put out. I just felt the plot was a convoluted mess and the ending was disappointing
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 7:21 am

Watching episodes of 'Law and Order: SVU' season 15 and part one of the 90's mini series 'The Stand' which I had never seen before
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 8:41 am

Several episodes of Married With Children - Disc 3.

As usual, though the hairstyles of the "hot chicks" in this show are totally 80s "big hair" and some of the references are dated, I still got quite a few laugh out loud moments from these episodes.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2021 5:55 pm

Jeeves and Wooster - Series 3

Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18932

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 2:25 am

Let Sleeping Corpses Lie(1974)-a recent series of deaths in a sleepy English town are blamed on a couple of hippies who have recently arrived. The murders as it turns out are actually the result of a new experimental farming machine that is sending radiation into the ground, causing the dead to come back to life. The couple must find a way to clear their names and try to stop the zombie plague. Basically an Italian version of Night of the Living Dead, this movie has some solid atmosphere and gore and is certainly better than some of the more recent undead movies that have came out. The film was also released under the title The Living Dead at the Manchester Morgue. 3/5
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 3:17 pm

Season 3 of My Crazy Ex

Mean Man : The Story Of Chris Holmes
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Paranormal Caught On Camera
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 9:21 am

Last night finished the Stand mini series ( the 1994 version)

Planes, Trains and Automobiles
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2021 10:16 pm

WandaVision episodes 1 & 2
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2021
Page 2 of 36Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 36  Next