Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020

Go down 
+15
the sentinel
ZombieHavoc
Witchfinder
scottmitchell74
mikeinfla
SideShowDisaSter
manny
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
corplhicks
tohostudios
Leatherface
nevermore
Fat Freddy
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 5:45 am

mikeinfla wrote:
007 wrote:
Finished up the Netflix series Dark, a complex German made show about time travel and alternate realities.
I just started this last week and just finished Season 2 and will start Season 3 today. Excellent show! I watched it dubbed in English. You can watch it in English with a bad overdub or watch it in German with subtitles. I opted to watch the English version.

I have never seen Twin Peaks but read a description of this show as "imagine if Back To The Future was done by the Twin Peaks writers". So far it is really good and I have read that there will be no more seasons after 3 so I hope they tie this up with a satisfying ending. 

I watched the English dubbed version as well. And they do tie things up rather nicely, I think.

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 7:44 am

Watched that Epstein mini series on Netflix this weekend. I never really followed it when it was in the news, so I had no idea what kind of sick phuck he was. Really sickening to know people like him are still out there. He got off way too easy, shame someone didn't do to him what he did to hundreds of girls before they k killed him.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 9:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Next up, "Blazing Saddles". What more can be said about this one? It's a stone-cold classic. Fun Fact: They produced a tv pilot called "Black Bart" starring Lou Gossett Jr. as Sherriff Bart and Doc from the 'Love Boat' as his drunken deputy. Its just as terrible as it sounds. You can watch a bit of it here...

I have Blazing Saddles on dvd and the entire half-hour pilot is on there as a bonus feature. It's really cringe-worthy.

Good Lord that TV spinoff looks terrible. No wonder if never aired.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 10:10 am

I was gonna watch as much of Dark as I could today then I read about the documentary 77 Minutes so I watched that.

On July 18, 1984 a deranged man walked in to a McDonald's and started shooting. I remember this incident when it happened. I was 13 at the time and was horrified at what had happened to the point that I stopped going into any McDonald's for quite a while. 

If you have Amazon Prime you can see it free but be warned -- it is very sad and contains footage of the crime scene inside the McDonald's. When I was 13 I remember seeing photos of the kids on their bikes that had been shot as they were getting ready to go in. It haunted me for a long time because they were around my age. Imagine wanting to ride your bike just to get a Sundae and end up dying. It's quite sad but I felt like I needed to see it. 

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25807

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2020 10:24 am

Married With Childrden
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 7:13 am

"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" (2008)

Twenty years after his last outing as Dr. Jones, Harrison Ford returns in an adventure set at the dawn of the Cold War in 1957. This time out he's racing to beat some very determined Russians (led by stone-cold beeyotch Cate Blanchett) to a powerful artifact that may not be from this earth. As usual, lots of stunts, crashes, and fistfights are in order.
I've been avoiding this fourth installment for years (I've seen bits and pieces of it on TV but have never sat thru the whole thing till now) because I've always heard how terrible it was ...but honestly, aside from some unconvincing CGI (esp. at the end) and a few cringe worthy moments involving the annoying Shia LeBeauf (or however you spell it) as Indy's kid sidekick, I enjoyed this flick. It was good to see Dr. Jones back in the saddle again, older but just as tough as ever.
I'll agree that "Crystal Skull" is the weakest of the Indy series, but I still had fun with it. Maybe I'm just a fan boy. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Jul 09, 2020 7:28 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 7:25 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I've been avoiding this fourth installment for years because I've always heard how terrible it was -- but honestly, aside from some unconvincing CGI (esp. at the end) and few cringe worthy moments involving the annoying Shia LeBeauf (or however you spell it) as Indy's kid sidekick, I enjoyed this flick. It was good to see Indy back in the saddle again, older but just as tough as ever.
"Crystal Skull" is the weakest of the Indy series, but I still had fun. Maybe I'm just a fan boy. Very Happy

I've only watched it once when it was in theaters, and I didn't hate it, but it wasn't that great from what I remember. I have meant to watch it again, but for some reason I just never get around to it. I even own it on bluray, I bought the box set, but still haven't gotten around to it yet. One day I'll do a marathon and force myself to watch it again.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 8:17 am

Becker
News Radio
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 09, 2020 8:55 am

Wrecked Neck wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I've been avoiding this fourth installment for years because I've always heard how terrible it was -- but honestly, aside from some unconvincing CGI (esp. at the end) and few cringe worthy moments involving the annoying Shia LeBeauf (or however you spell it) as Indy's kid sidekick, I enjoyed this flick. It was good to see Indy back in the saddle again, older but just as tough as ever.
"Crystal Skull" is the weakest of the Indy series, but I still had fun. Maybe I'm just a fan boy. Very Happy

I've only watched it once when it was in theaters, and I didn't hate it, but it wasn't that great from what I remember. I have meant to watch it again, but for some reason I just never get around to it. I even own it on bluray, I bought the box set, but still haven't gotten around to it yet. One day I'll do a marathon and force myself to watch it again.

I've owned it on DVD for about ten years (!) and it was just sittin' there on the shelf, still in the wrapper, after all this time, haha.
But since I have re-watched the other three Indiana Jones movies over the past couple of weeks, I figured it was time to finally break "Crystal Skull" out and run the table on the series. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 5:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I've owned it on DVD for about ten years (!) and it was just sittin' there on the shelf, still in the wrapper, after all this time, haha.
But since I have re-watched the other three Indiana Jones movies over the past couple of weeks, I figured it was time to finally break "Crystal Skull" out and run the table on the series. Very Happy

I have the blu-ray set with all 4 movies and I've only gotten about halfway through "Crystal Skull". One of these days, I'll finish it I suppose.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 5:25 am

Last night I watched 'V for Vendetta'. I know I watched it back when it first came out in 2006, but it must not made much of an impact because I didn't recall much of it. Watching it now in 2020 and it's eerily similar to our current situation.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 7:20 am

^^ Ooh, that was a goody. Haven't seen that one in awhile myself, might be time for a revisit.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 7:40 am

It’s on Netflix. Killer viruses, rioting in the streets, police state governments, this has it all. There is a mention by one character of “when I was a kid in 2015”, so I’d say that puts the timeframe around 2025-2030. Headlines in the movie put virus fatalities at “over 80,000”. We’re well past that number, so the movie got that part wrong. Woo hoo, I guess?

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 12:48 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Last night I watched 'V for Vendetta'. I know I watched it back when it first came out in 2006, but it must not made much of an impact because I didn't recall much of it. Watching it now in 2020 and it's eerily similar to our current situation.

I should pull out this dvd and watch it again.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 5:59 pm

"Asbury Park: Riot, Redemption, Rock Nk Roll" (2019)

An engrossing documentary about the long, strange history of Asbury Park, the famed Jersey Shore town whose legendary live music scene in the 50s and 60s gave birth to Bruce Springsteen, Little Steven, Southside Johnny, and many more. A 1970 race riot turned the town into a barren wasteland, but after several decades of neglect the newly-revitalized Asbury is starting to shake off the ghosts of its past and begin to heal -- thanks to its music community.
As someone who remembers going to Asbury in the '90s when it was little more than a deserted ruin aside from a couple of rock clubs like the Stone Pony and the Fastlane that were hanging on by their fingertips, it did my heart good to see this rise-from-the-ashes saga. Jersey still rocks!

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 9:59 am

The Beach House (2020)

A college age couple goes to the guy's father's beach house in an effort to reconnect in their relationship. Once there, they discover their not alone as an old family friend and his wife have gone there for a getaway as well. Soon, a strange mist contains glowing particles blows in from the ocean, and things quickly go south from there. Very effective film.

Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil (2010)

I had heard nothing but good things about this movie, but never got around to watching it. Until now, and I'm glad I did. A hilarious and violent film, about 2 dimwitted mountainmen mistaken for murderous hillbillies by a group of ignorant college kids. A very enjoyable film.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 10:20 am

Haha, I keep debating on that Dale and Tucker movie too. Maybe I'll watch it tonight.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 11:43 am

"Winchester" (2018)

This spooky period piece is set in 1906, when a New York psychiatrist is summoned to the famed Winchester Mansion in California to.determine if the house's elderly matron, the rifle heiress Sarah Winchester (Helen Mirren), is in her right mind. At first the doc thinks the old gal is crazy -- she claims the constant construction in her massive home is intended to build homes for "the spirits" of those who've been killed by her family's business... but the longer he stays, the more he suspects something sinister may actually be roaming the halls.
Not terribly "scary," but a well made, atmospheric flick based on a supposed true story. Better than I expected.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 12:00 pm

Overboard with Kurt Russell and Goldie Hawn
Family Feud
America Says
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18903

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 1:49 pm

Night Gallery
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 11, 2020 4:59 pm

Started Gotham - Season 2 today on the elliptical.

This is my favorite season of Gotham with the diabolically evil Theo Galavan, his hot, whip-wielding "sister" Tabitha, the rises of The Joker, The Riddler and especially The Penguin and the introduction of the strange creations of Dr. Hugo Strange.

I'm working my way up to the final season 5 which I haven't seen any episodes of yet so I decided to watch all 4 of the seasons I've already seen first so I can pick apart the flaws in the rushed and abbreviated 5th and final season.

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 3:17 pm

007 wrote:
Tucker And Dale Vs. Evil (2010)

I had heard nothing but good things about this movie, but never got around to watching it. Until now, and I'm glad I did. A hilarious and violent film, about 2 dimwitted mountainmen mistaken for murderous hillbillies by a group of ignorant college kids. A very enjoyable film.

LOVE Tucker & Dale Vs Evil! The movie is a riot Laughing

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 12, 2020 6:11 pm

"The Target Shoots First" (2000)

A unique music-biz documentary shot in the early 90s by Chris Wilcha, a recent college grad and alternative-music fan from New Jersey who brought a video camera every day to his marketing job at the Columbia House Music Club headquarters in New York.
Over the course of his short time with the company, Chris learned how Columbia House could give away so many free CDs and still make money, documented the constant class warfare between the creative and marketing departments, and watched with amusement as the clueless corporate suits tried belatedly to jump on the alternative-music bandwagon.
A funny, snarky time capsule that captures a particularly weird time in the music business.

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 2:08 am

Re-watched DC Animated movie 'Justice League: New Frontier'
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 13, 2020 4:16 am

Will start the rebooted Unsolved Mysteries today although I have read mixed reviews that the stories are too long and no Robert Stack.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020   TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020 - Page 26 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (Movies, TV Shows) 2020
Page 26 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next