Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended

Go down 
+11
corplhicks
nevermore
Fat Freddy
ZombieHavoc
glassprison
tohostudios
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
Lari
Dark Horseman
Glower
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 8:38 am

Anvil.Worse than the 85 Super Bowl.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 11:01 am

Maybe I haven't been to enough concerts (a few dozen, at least, maybe up to 50?) but I've never really had a bad experience that I can remember.

I will say that each time I saw Bride in the 90's...they totally destroyed and at their peak had they gone "secular" I think they could have been huge.

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 11:04 am

The worst was seeing Reo Speedwagon, a friend bought me a ticket, I had no interest in going but I went anyway, and it was horrible. I do not mind their music but I was bored shitless from this show.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 1:43 pm

manny wrote:
The worst was seeing Reo Speedwagon, a friend bought me a ticket, I had no interest in going but I went anyway, and it was horrible. I do not mind their music but I was bored shitless from this show.
I could see that. I saw them once, but they were opening for Styxx, and Journey. They didn't play that long, but weren't very good. Styx was awesome, then the borefest Journey came on stage and we left about halfway through the show.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 9:29 pm

Quote :

Oh yeah, I saw them when they were opening for Def Leppard a few years ago. Tesla was great as an opening band, but then REO came on and was a major buzzkill.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 9:31 pm

Quote :
I will say that each time I saw Bride in the 90's...they totally destroyed and at their peak had they gone "secular" I think they could have been huge.

Hey Scott, which area of the states did you see them in? Were they doing full tours in the 90s or were you based in the same area as them? I would love to see them, but I doubt it will happen at this point.

Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 11:54 am

glassprison wrote:
Quote :

Hey Scott, which area of the states did you see them in? Were they doing full tours in the 90s or were you based in the same area as them? I would love to see them, but I doubt it will happen at this point.

Oh, yeah. I grew up in Ohio and Bride would make these quick one-offs from their Kentucky base, so the only true tour I remember seeing them is when they were with Stryper. They ranged up into NE Ohio once or twice but I'd usually see them in Southern Ohio close to KY.
Back to top Go down
oldschooldoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
oldschooldoom

Number of posts : 80

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm

In Oct 2014 near Pinellas Park Florida, I was excited to go to the annual all day outdoor concert at England Brothers Park. I was so excited that I extended my work contract by one week before returning to So Cal. The line-up was to be: BTO, Foghat, Lynyrd Skynyrd, Black Oak Arkansas plus several unknown southern rock bands.

The festival fell apart in front of my eyes. For some reason, the bigger bands backed out the day of the show. The sound was terrible. And then the temps dropped to shivering level with strong winds. The headliner became Black Oak Arkansas. The band should have stopped performing years ago. Lead singer Jim Dandy looked like he was about to have a heart attack at any moment. Rather embarrassing to watch and listen to him flirt with a back up singer that could have been his grand daughters age.

But at least I was able to meet Greg Allman's son Michael What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 R6dfBJK
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 7:22 pm

Wrecked Neck wrote:
manny wrote:
I could see that. I saw them once, but they were opening for Styxx, and Journey. They didn't play that long, but weren't very good. Styx was awesome, then the borefest Journey came on stage and we left about halfway through the show.

Well that obviously wasn't the Kilroy Was Here tour.  I made the mistake of seeing that one (third time I'd seen Styx).  As if making us wait almost an hour after the scheduled start time before starting the "show" wasn't bad enough, Styx proceeded to start the concert with a boring-as-hell 20 minute video about the lameass Kilroy storyline.  By the time the actual band finally took the stage most in the audience were booing - including me.  And Styx was one of my favorite bands at the time.

The Grand Illusion tour on the other hand was outstanding.  I blame the whole Kilroy debacle on Dennis DeYoung and his increasing desire to do Broadway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 7:38 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Well that obviously wasn't the Kilroy Was Here tour.  I made the mistake of seeing that one (third time I'd seen Styx).  As if making us wait almost an hour after the scheduled start time before starting the "show" wasn't bad enough, Styx proceeded to start the concert with a boring-as-hell 20 minute video about the lameass Kilroy storyline.  By the time the actual band finally took the stage most in the audience were booing - including me.  And Styx was one of my favorite bands at the time.

The Grand Illusion tour on the other hand was outstanding.  I blame the whole Kilroy debacle on Dennis DeYoung and his increasing desire to do Broadway.

I forgot all about that album. I've never listened to the full thing but I remember being curious about that strange stage of Styx after watching the episode of VH1 Behind the Music on the band.

Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 7:48 pm

I found that video that they used for the Kilroy tour on youtube. Wow is this awful! I can't imagine having to see this at the start of a concert.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 8:24 pm

OMG, thanks for resurrecting that AWFUL concert memory! I guess I should give them a little credit; at least they didn't subject us to that whole thing. They must have edited into a shorter version.

If not for that damn Korn performance before KMFDM, this would be my "worst concert ever attended".

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 1:20 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrecked Neck wrote:
manny wrote:

Nope, far as I know they weren't even promoting an album. They just came out and played, no frills, no dumb videos. Styx was the only good show of the night. I like some of Journeys songs, but even the ones I liked were just a real snooze fest.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2019 5:14 am

Shout was a Boston band - not the Christian band shout.
Anyways, they were hot. Right up there with Extreme, Maliah Rage, Wargasm, Bang.
Anyways - I went to a Sunday afternoon show at the Channel. 500 of us there.
Shout introduce an electronic drum pad system for the drummer. Clap clap.

Well. Their electronic snare - pow - sounded like a damn firecracker.
Everyone was flinching from the sound in the audience.
NO ONE had ever heard such a strange thing - mixed into metal. Befuddlement ruled.
Each song SHOUT tried to tame it down....adjust something....didn't work.
Man, I hated - that show.

My first thought when I heard that phony robot sound - there goes metal.
It's no more. However. Never heard that mistake since.
It was ridiculous - the way Shout's "new drums" looked. Black pads ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended   What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What was one of the WORST concerts You've Attended
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2