Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is first concert you ever attended?

Go down 
+32
stormspell
Daybreaker
Hamer12
sam
Rex
TheGooch
A Handful of Wayne
Wargod
Leatherface
stevegarveyfan
Metal Misfit
Selvmord
ThrashedOutCobra33
nevermore
James B.
Todd Jaymz
SAHB Healer
spiritoradio
Schbopo
7thSecond
thejokeriv
skullsmasher
mc666
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Thrasher73
Pontus
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
ultmetal
manny
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

What is first concert you ever attended? Empty
PostSubject: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:55 pm

The first concert I ever attended was when I was 12 years old, it was annual event at the Orange Bowl called the ROCK Superbowl, and line up was Bryan Adams opening, Aerosmith (with Jimmy Crespo and Rick Dufay line up), some other band I can't remember and Journey headlining, what I remember the most is that it rained the whole time, and take Steven Tyler's microphone kept going out, so he threw it at a stagehand and walked off stage. Your turn.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 1:57 pm

Aerosmith & Pat Travers at the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Aerosmith were on their Rock in a Hard Place tour.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:00 pm

It wasn't my fault i was with my mom but it was Air Supply. Embarassed The next one was Michael Jackson's Bad tour at the LA Forum. That chick he had playing guitar was pretty good.

Last edited by troublezone on Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:03 pm

Judas Priest and Dokken at the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey, June of '86. This was the Judas Priest TURBO tour, which was later immortalized in the film "Heavy Metal Parking Lot." Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:05 pm

The Doobie Brothers - Roanoke Virginia (1976)
- I was only 6 years old but still remember it vividly.
Back to top Go down
Pontus
Metal student
Metal student

Number of posts : 132

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:07 pm

A Swedish glam rock/heavy metal band called Sister when they did their first real gig at my old school one night. Jamie, The singer was two or three years older than me and we used to talk sometimes in school and I thought the band was great! They really were like early idols for me! Think they've become pretty big now and they were on tour in Europe this summer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:17 pm

Metallica and The Cult:Charleston Civic Center: Charleston, WV 1989.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:20 pm

The first one I can remember was Johnny Cash.I went with my parents.I was probably only 6 or 7 years old.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:27 pm

Kiss - Slaughter - Little ceaser

Weedsport, Ny -june of 1990.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 2:36 pm

Wet Willie, Nantucket, Foreigner in Roanoke 1978.

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:15 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I was 4. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:38 pm

Huey Lewis & the News at the Spectrum. Around '86 maybe?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Judas Priest and Dokken at the Meadowlands Arena in New Jersey, June of '86. This was the Judas Priest TURBO tour, which was later immortalized in the film "Heavy Metal Parking Lot." Laughing

I saw Judas Priest on the Defenders of the Faith tour at the Meadowlands Arena. I believe Great White opened up. Saw them that same year again at the Spectrum in Philadelphia.

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:

Roanoke seems to have been a happening place in the late 70's. What is first concert you ever attended? 505193
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 3:45 pm

Danzig in 89

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:09 pm

detuned wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Roanoke seems to have been a happening place in the late 70's. What is first concert you ever attended? 505193

It was. I went to school in Harrisonburg and all the really good shows came to Roanoke.

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:11 pm

KISS - Dynasty Tour 1979 November in Phoenix Arizona.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:14 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I saw Judas Priest on the Defenders of the Faith tour at the Meadowlands Arena. I believe Great White opened up. Saw them that same year again at the Spectrum in Philadelphia.

Most of my big "arena shows" over the years have been at the Meadowlands (or as it's now called, the "Izod Center" -- barf!). I've seen Priest there four times, and I've also seen AC/DC there, Alice Cooper, Aerosmith, Metallica, Iron Maiden, KISS, and probably a bunch more that I can't think of off the top of my head.

Now that the NJ Devils no longer play at the Meadowlands (they have a brand spankin' new arena in Newark) and the NJ Nets are supposedly moving to a new venue in Brooklyn in a year or two, there's been a lot of talk about tearing it down, which would be a shame because it's a great place to see a concert.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:35 pm

Quote :
Now that the NJ Devils no longer play at the Meadowlands (they have a brand spankin' new arena in Newark) and the NJ Nets are supposedly moving to a new venue in Brooklyn in a year or two, there's been a lot of talk about tearing it down, which would be a shame because it's a great place to see a concert

This is the last year for the Spectrum in Philadelphia. Like you, Freddy, I've seen many great shows there. Just off the top of my head...Aerosmith, Skid Row, Metallica, Def Leppard, Great White, Cinderella, Megadeth, Pantera, Black Sabbath w/Ozzy & H&H w/Dio, ZZ Top, The Black Crowes, AC/DC, Motley Crue, George Thorogood, Huey Lewis, Poison, Warrant, Kid Rock, Marilyn Manson, Rob Zombie and I'm sure there's a few more I'm forgetting. I'll be sad to see it go.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:44 pm

Stryper w/ Hurricane - THWTD tour Feb 1987, Warner Theater, Washington DC

GREAT show!!!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:45 pm

I can't believe the Spectrum still exists. That place held concerts when I was growing up near Allentown. That's 30 years ago!

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 4:48 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I can't believe the Spectrum still exists. That place held concerts when I was growing up near Allentown. That's 30 years ago!

Yup. Opened in 1967 for the Flyers. In 2009 it will be blowed-up to smithereenies.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:03 pm

Metal wise it was Ratt and Bon Jovi back in 85.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:15 pm

Blue Man Group
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 11, 2008 5:29 pm

I saw the TWA All Stars for free. The band consisted of Liberty DeVitto(drummer for Billy Joel), Mark Farner(singer and lead guitarist of Grand Funk Railroad), Felix Cavaliere(keyboard and singer of the Rascals), Billy Preston(keyboard and piano for the Beatles), Lou Gramm(lead singer of Foreigner) and a few others. They played all of their bands biggest hits and it was really fun.

The first actual recording group I saw was Sammy Hagar on his Marching to Mars tour.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is first concert you ever attended?   What is first concert you ever attended? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is first concert you ever attended?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next