Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KISS Question Lead Singer

Go down 
+2
glassprison
Glower
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

KISS Question Lead Singer Empty
PostSubject: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 4:35 pm

Someone said Gene Simmons was lead singer for Kiss.
Obvious Paul Stanley is the lead - esp in concert.

But anyone know the percentage of Gene songs vs Paul songs ?
It’s got to be 50 50 -

Did Gene ever sing more songs on a album than Paul ?
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 5:49 pm

Quote :
Did Gene ever sing more songs on a album than Paul ?

Yes, on Creatures of the Night he sings five songs compared to Paul's four.

On most others he averages 3-4. He sings five on Lick it Up, same number as Paul.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2019 7:05 pm

I've always assumed the split was roughly 50/50, tho I never sat down and did the math, so I'll take Glassprison's word for it. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3169

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 5:03 am

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 7:31 am

I always thought it was a bit more Paul, like 60% Paul and 40% Gene, but that is after the original band dissolved, KISS were one of the few bands were all the members were all good singers, only one that comes to mind are the Beatles, and Queen, thou bassist John Deacon was never a vocalist or took on a lead vocal
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 12:44 pm

Paul does most, Gene comes a close 2nd. Peter Criss sang some, Ace sang some, Eric Carr did a few and now days Eric Singer even does one. Not sure about Tommy Thayer though.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2020 6:17 pm

I think Thayer did lead vocals on only 2 songs, one each from Sonic Boom and Monster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KISS Question Lead Singer   KISS Question Lead Singer Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KISS Question Lead Singer
Page 1 of 1