Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!

Go down 
+9
TheGreatDuck
nevermore
exact33
Spiner202
Dellocatus
Boris2008
corplhicks
Temple of Blood
Witchfinder
13 posters
AuthorMessage
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Empty
PostSubject: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 11:29 pm

White Wizzard just posted this on their facebook page:

"Just FYI to all the fans, If Joseph Michael sends you an email stating anything at all negative or suspicious do not buy into it. He left us screwed tonight in Wales and all of Monument and White Wizzard will attest to all the bullshit he has pulled on this tour. He sent out some messages today to fans trying to state that the indie gogo would not be funded. Do not respond to him. We have fired him and plan to carry on. We have some great singers offering to finish the tour. Do not believe any emails Joseph sends you about anything, Indie gogo is being sent as soon as we wrap along with an extra gift for the wait.....If he states contrary he is lying trying to turn people against us and it pretty much says all you need to know about his character. We busted our asses in Cardiff with Peter and Jon and made a memorable gig out of a very unprofessional situation. Thanks for the support. We will find a reliable singer that is a good person if it kills us........"

I can't believe this band will remain signed to a label with the problems they are having with lead singers. Yeesh.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 12:36 am

Malmsteen has had the most band members in all of metal I think.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 1:00 am

They sure are brutal about announcing the change. Some pretty charged press work there.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 4:23 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
I'll bet Coverdale runs him a close second.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:10 am

The only thing that really surprises me, is that they keep going on... Oh, and I actually contemplated on going to see them live. Thought I'd give them a chance. But no, thanks.
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 8:20 am

It's kind of funny because they were so set on this really being the final lineup, but somehow this is not surprising. Too bad, but I'm sure Jon will find another great singer. As long as he keeps up the quality of the music, I'll keep buying their stuff. The last record was great; only Flying Tigers was weaker, and even that had some good songs on it.

Dellocatus wrote:
The only thing that really surprises me, is that they keep going on... Oh, and I actually contemplated on going to see them live. Thought I'd give them a chance. But no, thanks.
Definitely go see them. I saw them with the singer that they just fired, and it was fantastic, but Jon is definitely the guy with the best stage presence. They are easily among the best live bands I've seen.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 9:28 am

Latest Facebook post:

"White Wizzard want to release a brief statement on singer Joseph Michael. Last night in Cardiff Wales, Joseph Michael left a crowd of fans sitting in the venue waiting to see White Wizzard, sat in a pub across the street and refused to perform the show for extremely selfish reasons. The band soldiered on with Peter Ellis and Jon Leon handling vocals. It was hugely unprofessional on his part. Due to these actions, we have secured another singer for mainland europe named Giles Lavery. Sadly, due to this any many other problems over the past several months, it is without question we must move on and immediately make a change. Joseph is making very false and erroneous claims on his facebook site unfortunately about Jon and the band, but without getting into a war of words we will just simply say he is lying and making a desperate attempt to hurt the band and Jon to cover up his very unprofessional actions. The rest of us are determined to move on, and we all assure you we are united and everything is fine within the rest of the group. We will do our best to move on. See ya out there! Thanks for all the fans support last night and beyond."

I have seen them live and they are enjoyable. Of course when I saw them they had yet another lead singer - Mikey Gremio - that didn't last in the band. I met Jon Leon and he was a nice guy to me, but at this point I think it's obvious that he's the problem. It seems like all the former members talk about what a tyrant he is.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 11:11 am

i think we have heard this all before Smile

coughTatecough

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:23 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
I met Jon Leon and he was a nice guy to me, but at this point I think it's obvious that he's the problem.  It seems like all the former members talk about what a tyrant he is.
That has always been obvious. It basically is a one man band with a changing live line up. Just have a look at their records: most of the instruments are played by Jon Leon. I always found this rather strange, and I guess that he's that kind of dominant person who wants to do HIS thing and nothing else.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 3:31 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
White Wizzard has to be in second place.
Back to top Go down
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:19 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
I'll bet Coverdale runs him a close second.
He's not metal, though. Razz 

However, there's still Ozzy, Sabbath, Dio, Annihilator and Running Wild. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 5:54 pm

Lost track of them when they fired (or he left by himself) Wyatt Anderson. He sang on Over the Top and Flying Tigers, and did it insanesly good. The then-new track without him was so-so, so I skipped their latest. Did I miss anything?
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:17 pm

BearOnUnicycle wrote:
Lost track of them when they fired (or he left by himself) Wyatt Anderson. He sang on Over the Top and Flying Tigers, and did it insanesly good. The then-new track without him was so-so, so I skipped their latest. Did I miss anything?
I enjoyed the newest record a lot more than Flying Tigers. It was more similar to the first album. The songs were less progressive, and almost entirely focused on shredding. It took a few listens to grow on me, but I really enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2013 6:25 pm

Spiner202 wrote:
BearOnUnicycle wrote:
I enjoyed the newest record a lot more than Flying Tigers. It was more similar to the first album. The songs were less progressive, and almost entirely focused on shredding. It took a few listens to grow on me, but I really enjoy it.
Thanks, time to hunt this one down.

The quasi-prog on Flying Tigers was an intersting attempt, and it really worked on some of the tracks - for instance I like FT the most, as the good tracks on it are really, really good, - but canonical NWOBH certainly fits WW better. Same goes for OTT, some great tunes mixed with passable ones.

Still, Skull Fist and Enforcer easily destroy these dudes.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2013 6:18 pm

Metalsucks has a breakdown of all the latest drama here:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/10/07/white-wizzard-drama-alert/

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2013 2:08 pm

Earache Records just dropped White Wizzard and their tour is cancelled:

http://www.metalsucks.net/2013/10/09/earache-records-drops-white-wizzard-guitarist-explains-truth-behind-bag-stealing-incident/

Total clownshoes.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 3:36 pm

Always thought they were overrated.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 10:41 am

Looks like the other members of the band have told Jon Leon to go pound sand up his a$$...

http://www.classicrockmagazine.com/news/white-wizzard-caves-in-again/

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:31 pm

HAHAHA! I'm glad I never listened to this band because I'd probably be upset right now.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 3:41 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
HAHAHA! I'm glad I never listened to this band because I'd probably be upset right now.
I was a casual fan at the beginning, but the lack of consistantcy between albums and singer drama got old real quick. They hadn't been around long enough to warrant this kind of attention or devotion. I moved on. Like so many band members.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 16, 2013 9:48 pm

I've tried to give them a chance with each new song they released and with the praise they were getting here, but they just didn't click with me. Just too weak. I wasn't even going to bother reading this thread, but knowing of the history I couldn't resist and its been worth reading haha.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:19 am

the whole saga is amusing!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!   White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

White Wizzard loses ANOTHER lead singer!
Page 1 of 1