Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2021 10:13 pm

So starting tomorrow we get wrestling on TV 5 nights a week.

Monday - Raw
Tuesday - NXT
Wednesday - AEW
Thursday - Impact
Friday - Smackdown

This should be interesting. Now we can compare them all; previously we had to pick which ones to watch. Here's hoping that all the organizations step up their games knowing it's going to be easy to compare the products this way.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2021 10:06 pm

Just watched the "Blood And Guts" match on AEW between The inner Circle (Jericho's group) and The Pinnacle (MJF and company). Steel cage around two rings and everything was legal; win by submission or surrender. Lots of blood in this one (as expected) but also as expected it was a little too chaotic and also interrupted by too many stupid commercials. Still a fun watch but I'm just not a fan of matches with more than 4 participants.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2021 12:26 am

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 4jvnu42
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2021 6:34 pm

I've seen news headlines like that where my first thought was "Who the hell edited this?" I mean it's obvious what that sentence really means but it's also very poorly worded and open to a much different interpretation. I man how hard is it to instead say "Seven year old boy with cancer surprised by John Cena"? Doesn't take a genius.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 10:12 pm

Since the Cardinals (and most of MLB) are off tonight I'm watching RAW for the first time in about a month. When did Charlotte Flair straighten her hair? She looks completely different like this.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18982

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 10:23 pm

ECW Original New Jack (Jerome Young) has reportedly passed away at the age of 58.

New Jack passed away this afternoon after suffering a heart attack in North Carolina. His wife Jennifer informed PWInsider of the passing. The passing was also confirmed by Jack’s official Facebook page.

Jack is most known for his run in the original ECW, but he also had notable stints with SMW, XPW and various indie promotions. He also multiple made appearances for TNA. He was a three-time ECW World Tag Team Champion. The hardcore star has been retired for a few years now.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 14, 2021 11:06 pm

Not to speak ill of the deceased but that guy had no business being in wrestling. He had no real wrestling ability and made his entire career based on blood and guts matches where he was always at risk of maiming somebody (witness the Eric Kulas debacle). Nobody likes blood and guts wrestling more than I do but it has to at least have some semblance of a wrestling match. As a fan of vintage ECW even I cringed when New Jack was in a "match" because I was seriously worried his opponent could be legitimately hurt.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 11:19 am

Do you remember the scaffold match with Vic Grimes where New Jack threw him off and almost killed Grimes because New Jack was mad at him for injuring him in a previous match? Crazy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat May 15, 2021 1:31 pm

I never knew about New Jack until I saw that episode of Dark Side of the Ring. I wasn’t an ECW person. I grew up with the classic 80’s WWF stuff and later the WCW “Hall and Nash” era.

But from what I seen in that episode, New Jack was a destructive guy out to really hurt people.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2021 11:34 am

Former NWA World Tag Team Champion Don Kernodle has passed away.

Kernodle passed way earlier today at the age of 71, according to PWInsider. He had been dealing with a number of health issues from the past few years, but we’re still waiting to confirm reports on his cause of death.

Kernodle had runs with WWE, Mid-Atlantic Wrestling and the NWA, among other promotions. He debuted in 1973 with Jim Crockett Promotions, and regularly teamed with WWE Hall of Famer Sgt. Slaughter at one point, as he was a member of Sgt. Slaughter’s Cobra Corp.

Kernodle was never signed to WWE but he defeated several enhancement talents over the years, and later lost several matches to pushed stars such as Tito Santana and WWE Hall of Famer Rocky Johnson.

In his post-wrestling life, Kernodle later worked as a Sergeant for Immigration Customs Enforcement for Alamance County, North Carolina, and was later a deputy sheriff in Alamance County.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 4:57 pm

AEW will be moving to TBS and a second show will be on TNT. Have enjoyed AEW and will keep watching. I stopped watching WWE a couple of years ago and haven't missed it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2021 5:42 pm

Wrestling on TBS again?  I'm in!

mikeinfla likes this post

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2021 7:07 am

tohostudios wrote:
Wrestling on TBS again?  I'm in!

Yeah Dynamite moving to TBS and a second show starting on TNT.

I didn't see the AEW PPV but last night they introduced Mark Henry. Not sure of his role but I think it's along the lines of Paul White. Just an analyst/coach or something.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2021 4:06 pm

Holy crap, WWE just released Braun Strowman.  He's probably already been signed by AEW.

They also released Aleister Black, Ruby Riott and Lana.  Lana might end up in AEW too if she and Miro/Rusev are still engaged.

But I can see all kinds of feuds for Strowman in AEW; they have a lot of big guys.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 1:20 am

tohostudios wrote:
Holy crap, WWE just released Braun Strowman.  He's probably already been signed by AEW.

They also released Aleister Black, Ruby Riott and Lana.  Lana might end up in AEW too if she and Miro/Rusev are still engaged.

But I can see all kinds of feuds for Strowman in AEW; they have a lot of big guys.

When I read the news it was definitely a "holy shit" moment. Ruby and Lana not that shocking, but Braun and Aleister Black was. Braun is an incredible big man, all that was wrong was the stupid storylines and scripts he was given. They just gave a big (literally) bonus to AEW. Black was just starting a new gimmick and a feud which makes no sense. A lot of people like him so I'm sure AEW will also want to snatch him up.

After separating Ryker from Elias I was sure he'd be gone but he manages to stay. Even though some people think he should have been gone ages ago (not me, I'm glad he was given a second chance-BLM the organization IS crap and there is NOTHING racist with supporting Trump).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 04, 2021 3:01 pm

I wonder if Strowman was in the walk year of his contract and wanted too much money for Vince's tastes.  I can't think of any other reason why WWE would cut him loose.  The guy dropped some weight, he could do decent promos, he's really athletic for such a big guy...all the stuff Vince normally loves in his stars.  

I can't wait to see him in AEW.  He can feud with guys like Lance Archer or Miro or Wardlow or any one of 3 or 4 other big guys there.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 11, 2021 6:33 am

Well I guess I am completely out of touch with WWE. When Andrade debuted on AEW I had no idea who he was.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 20, 2021 3:06 am

tohostudios wrote:
I wonder if Strowman was in the walk year of his contract and wanted too much money for Vince's tastes.  I can't think of any other reason why WWE would cut him loose.  The guy dropped some weight, he could do decent promos, he's really athletic for such a big guy...all the stuff Vince normally loves in his stars.  

I can't wait to see him in AEW.  He can feud with guys like Lance Archer or Miro or Wardlow or any one of 3 or 4 other big guys there.

Apparently, according to the dirt sheets, with Almos on Raw and Commander Asneeze (Daba Kato) on Smackdown, Vince feels that Braun was obsolete and no longer needed. Problem with that is Almos is still very green (he's tagging with AJ to hide this) and Asneeze (my name for him, taken from Robbin Hood: Men In Tights) has the personality of a wall.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 30, 2021 8:46 pm

Watching AEW back in its normal Wednesday night slot. And welcome back Chris Jericho to the commentary desk. He's already ready cracked me up multiple time with "Skee-a-vone" and he's apparently also resurrected "The Book Of Jericho" which was always a good schtick in WWE. The guy is just great pro wrestling TV.
:

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 12:41 am

Veteran pro wrestler “The Patriot” Del Wilkes has reportedly passed away.

The legendary Wilkes passed away earlier today from a massive heart attack, according to The Charleston Post & Courier. He was just 59 years old.

Wilkes, who leaves behind a wife of 40+ years named Cathy, began wrestling in 1988, and had runs with WWE, WCW, AWA, promotions in Japan, and more. He is a former two-time WCW World Tag Team Champion, and a former AWA World Tag Team Champion. Wilkes last wrestled for WWE in October 1997, losing to WWE Hall of Famer Jim Neidhart on Shotgun Saturday Night. He was released in early 1998.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 02, 2021 9:26 am

I remember him. Wore a red, white and blue mask. Pretty well muscled up too if I remember correctly.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 07, 2021 9:20 pm

So the first one of the recent WWE "budget cuts" has debuted in AEW.  Aleister Black is going by Malachi Black.  Only a matter of time before Bron Strowman shows up.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 9:35 pm

The Cardinals were clobbered by the Cubs this afternoon so I'm watching Smackdown.  When did Vince OK blood again?  Cesaro was catapulted face-first into an exposed ring buckle and busted open pretty good.  And the camera didn't shy away from showing it like they used to when somebody was accidently cut.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17077

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 09, 2021 10:00 pm

This sounds like Mr Perfect 2.0 (Metal)

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2021 8:04 pm

No baseball so I'm watching Raw.  It opened with a black screen announcing the passing of Paul "Mr. Wonderful" Orndorff.  I googled it and the only thing I could find is that he was suffering from dementia which his son believes was due to CTE.  He was 71.

RIP.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 22 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: