Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW

Go down 
+14
Troublezone
nevermore
mlotek
Witchfinder
akeldama
Hadley
Sword Of The Heretic
Leatherface
Required Fields
tohostudios
Addy
mikeinfla
DallasBlack
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 24, 2020 11:28 pm

While Adam Cole (NXT champion) has the gift of gab, his woman (Britt Baker DDS-AEW) should NEVER be given a live mic again. If you saw Dynamite, you know what I mean. If not, consider yourselves lucky. It was long, cringy, and rambling. She made Sid Vicious sound like a wordsmith. JR cut to commercial break rather than subject us to anymore and it was never referenced when they came back. I don't foresee her getting anymore mic time anytime soon.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2020 11:50 am

mikeinfla wrote:

Apparently it was blown out of proportion:

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2020/01/rocky-johnson-best-friend-responds-to-vince-mcmahon-rumors-665351/
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 6:47 am

DallasBlack wrote:
While Adam Cole (NXT champion) has the gift of gab, his woman (Britt Baker DDS-AEW) should NEVER be given a live mic again. If you saw Dynamite, you know what I mean. If not, consider yourselves lucky. It was long, cringy, and rambling. She made Sid Vicious sound like a wordsmith. JR cut to commercial break rather than subject us to anymore and it was never referenced when they came back. I don't foresee her getting anymore mic time anytime soon.

I saw that Britt promo and was a little confused by it, didn't know if that was supposed to go like that or not. I guess she should stick to pulling teeth. As a wrestler she is fine too.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:23 pm

I'm watching Raw and we've got Rey Mysterio vs MVP.  MVP is back???  And I still say Rey's chest tattoos make him look like he's wearing a bikini top from the 50s.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 27, 2020 8:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching Raw and we've got Rey Mysterio vs MVP.  MVP is back???  And I still say Rey's chest tattoos make him look like he's wearing a bikini top from the 50s.

MVP came back during the Rumble (which was one of the best Rumbles in years BTW).

Not really a fan of Sammy "The Spanish Twink" Guevara, but his invasion of WWE yesterday was pretty damn funny:

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Sammyrumble-1280x720

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 6:59 am

From what I understand MVP isn't back full time, he signed for a few appearances for his son so he could see him in WWE. I believe it is a very short deal.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 28, 2020 12:15 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
From what I understand MVP isn't back full time, he signed for a few appearances for his son so he could see him in WWE. I believe it is a very short deal.

That explains why he lost.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 5:49 am

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 EPLB5_eX4AI9nX8?format=jpg&name=small

Per Fightful, someone backstage in WWE noted that Lesnar was the “wrong one to f*** with,” and that Lesnar actually informed Riddle of this. The source added on Riddle, “He was spoken to by Brock, and he understood.”

talkSPORT has its own account of the incident based on several reported sources who are said to be “close to the situation.” WWE official claims that Lesnar approached Riddle in the backstage area and grabbed him by the shoulder to get his attention, Lesnar then reportedly told Riddle, “Kid, you might as well stop saying my name and tagging me in s*** because you and I will never work together. Ever.”

Additionally, the report notes that Riddle then tried to continue speaking to Lesnar, but he did not get the chance. It’s then stated that Lesnar simply kept moving after he said what he had to say to Riddle. This account claims that “tensions never rose especially high.”
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 29, 2020 9:13 pm

I happened to flip over to AEW tonight during NXT commercials and I saw the latest Britt Baker heel turn promo. I'll admit the attitude seems a little forced but I didn't think her speaking skills were all that bad.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 1:33 pm

Well that was quick:

– MVP has revealed that his Monday Night Raw match against Rey Mysterio was his final one and that his career is finishing up soon. The former US Champion, who returned at the Royal Rumble and then competed on Raw, posted to Instagram and revealed that he has worked his last match for the company.
MVP added that while he’s “not finished just yet. But soon. Very soon.” He is set to appear on After the Bell this week, which will release tomorrow.

And I thought Britt sounded OK last night as well but she is much better as a face.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 30, 2020 2:44 pm

Yeah definitely better as a face.

It's interesting how some wrestlers can work well either as a face or a heel and others just seem to be a more natural fit as one or the other.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 11:18 am

tohostudios wrote:
I happened to flip over to AEW tonight during NXT commercials and I saw the latest Britt Baker heel turn promo.  I'll admit the attitude seems a little forced but I didn't think her speaking skills were all that bad.

She obviously took some promo classes since the last time she spoke as it was miles better. A tad long winded, but she really upped her game. It was kind of funny how she called out Jim Ross on his habit of getting names wrong. He even got MJF's name wrong (again) with MJF sitting right next to him.

Speaking of which, MJF is probably the best talker they have right after Chris Jericho.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 pm

I found this data about the "Wednesday Night Wars" interesting and also puzzling:
Quote :
Viewership data is in for this week’s battle in the WWE NXT vs. AEW Dynamite Wednesday Night War.This week,  AEW won in total viewers. It was close in every demographic group except Adults 50+, where NXT had a significant edge as they usually do.

I'm obviously over 50 and true to the demographic survey I prefer NXT.  But I wonder why that is?  I would have thought it would be the other way round; old farts like me would prefer seeing established stars like AEW has.  Granted AEW has some unknown talent too but overall they have some wrestlers old timers like me have heard of;  NXT is nothing but newbies.  But apparently we old farts are more open than the young pups to seeing new, unknown talent show us what they have.

I find that interesting.

Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 01, 2020 11:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I found this data about the "Wednesday Night Wars" interesting and also puzzling:
Quote :
Viewership data is in for this week’s battle in the WWE NXT vs. AEW Dynamite Wednesday Night War.This week,  AEW won in total viewers. It was close in every demographic group except Adults 50+, where NXT had a significant edge as they usually do.

I'm obviously over 50 and true to the demographic survey I prefer NXT.  But I wonder why that is?  I would have thought it would be the other way round; old farts like me would prefer seeing established stars like AEW has.  Granted AEW has some unknown talent too but overall they have some wrestlers old timers like me have heard of;  NXT is nothing but newbies.  But apparently we old farts are more open than the young pups to seeing new, unknown talent show us what they have.

I find that interesting.

NXT is made up of WWE fans. WWE fans are, on average, 56 years old. WWE has failed to create new fans and their core fanbase is made up of people from the Attitude Era and before. So they only people watching NXT are a portion of the WWE audience.

AEW's audience is, on average, 42 years old. The audience is composed of disaffected WWE fans from the Attitude Era and newer fans that didn't like/watch WWE. Some portion of the AEW fanbase will also watch NXT.

When it comes to ratings, AEW dominates the demos that matter - 18-34 and 18-49 - over NXT. This is the reason why AEW had their contract with TNT extended for four more years after only three months in existence. They are easily the highest rated show on TNT and most weeks they are in the top 5 rated shows on cable for Wednesday nights. Also, their DVR viewership is higher than even Raw or Smackdown and is usually an additional 5-600k viewers every week.

I watch AEW every week, but I watch New Japan Pro Wrestling, so I was familiar with AEW's roster before AEW existed. I used to watch NXT and I think their product is very good, but I found it annoying that their stars never made it on the main roster and it all seemed pointless because of how bad the booking is on the main shows.

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2020 5:30 pm

Thanks for the explanation; that makes sense.  I started watching AEW when it premiered and it was OK but it just seems to predictable to me.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 10, 2020 8:54 pm

Watching Raw.

What the HELL was that with Baszler "biting" the back of Lynch's neck?  It was obvious that Baszler bit open a bloodpack but what the hell is the concept here?  She's a stupid vampire who can't figure out what part of the neck to bite?

Stupidity aside, that segment did take me back to my days of watching Freddie Blassie gnaw away on some jobber's head until the dreaded "X" came across the screen and Gorilla Monsoon told us the gore had been censored.

So basically I have mixed feelings about this apparent angle for Baszler.  On one hand it reminds me of the "glory days" when I first started watching pro-wrestling.  But using my now-adult mind this seemingly "cool" gimmick makes zero sense.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 10:08 am

I have never heard of Jeff Cobb but he looks like a monster. Looks like Samoa Joe's and Rhino's love child. Apparently he just came off a stint with ROH and isn't signed anywhere yet.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 1:43 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Thanks for the explanation; that makes sense.  I started watching AEW when it premiered and it was OK but it just seems to predictable to me.

I totally agree!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2020 6:49 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
I have never heard of Jeff Cobb but he looks like a monster. Looks like Samoa Joe's and Rhino's love child. Apparently he just came off a stint with ROH and isn't signed anywhere yet.

Yeah I saw that part of AEW and had to google his name too because I thought he looked like Abyss.  But you're right, he does look like a monster.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2020 9:10 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Well that was quick:

– MVP has revealed that his Monday Night Raw match against Rey Mysterio was his final one and that his career is finishing up soon. The former US Champion, who returned at the Royal Rumble and then competed on Raw, posted to Instagram and revealed that he has worked his last match for the company.
MVP added that while he’s “not finished just yet. But soon. Very soon.” He is set to appear on After the Bell this week, which will release tomorrow.

And I thought Britt sounded OK last night as well but she is much better as a face.

So much for that.  MVP lost in a virtual squash to Drew McIntyre on RAW tonight.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 21, 2020 9:48 pm

Watching Smackdown.

What the hell is Naomi doing with her hair these days?  She look like "Sideshow Bob" from The Simpsons.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 5:59 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Watching Smackdown.

What the hell is Naomi doing with her hair these days?  She look like "Sideshow Bob" from The Simpsons.

You missed when she showed up with a glowing fish bowl on her head. Looked like a villain from The Tick or Freakazoid.

Watched both that and Dynamite. In regards to the latter, if they want to sell Nyla as a woman, they should never let her talk. I've heard burly bearded guys with more feminine voices.

Jim Cornette actually had a great idea for Nyla. With the controversy of trans women competing with biological women, use that to build Nyla up as one of the biggest heels in pro wrestling. The heat you could build up with Nyla accusing the crowd of being a bunch of transphobic bigots would be huge.

That of course will never happen, but it's still a good idea. Cornette is an asshole, but he does have a mind for the business.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 7:06 pm

Quote :

That of course will never happen, but it's still a good idea. Cornette is an asshole, but he does have a mind for the business.
Yeah I totally agree with that assessment.  Same thing goes for Paul Heyman IMO; both have great minds for the wrestling business but I wouldn't trust either one of them as far as I could throw them (well I could probably toss Cornette pretty far but Heyman, not so much).

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 8:37 pm

I listened to Bruce Prichard's podcast today from a couple of weeks ago on Sherri Martel. Great show on this fabulous worker. I always hated Sherri so that means she did her job well because she played a heel perfectly.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 22, 2020 9:55 pm

I can STILL hear her shrill voice screaming about her or her men being screwed over. 

I agree, I hated her too which as you said just means she performed her role well.

PostSubject: Re: WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW   WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWF/WWE/ECW/WCW
Page 12 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 19 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Gutterbox-
Jump to: