Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
Addy
Hadley
Wurthless
metalinmyveins
Lari
martinsane
tohostudios
MetalGuy71
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Empty
PostSubject: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 4:56 pm

Keanu Reeves & Alex Winter have made it official: the long rumored and oft-delayed third "Bill & Ted" movie, "Bill & Ted Face the Music," will begin filming this summer for a 2020 release.

I haven't seen either of the previous films in dog years so I can't really say if this is a good idea or not... they were big faves in my college days though.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 6:13 pm

About time! They weren’t getting any younger.

On a side note...
Alex Winter was supposed to direct a reboot of the cult horror movie The Gate. I guess it got shelved.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2019 7:54 pm

Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Not-sure-if-thats-a-good-idea-or-not
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 1:23 am

Never even knew there was a second one lol
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 2:56 pm

I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't remember the original being all that great or that I ever saw the sequel. I'm not nostalgic for this in the least bit. Resurrecting those 2 characters seems kinda pointless if you ask me. Seems like a step back for Keanu too. He's making John Wick money.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 3:03 pm

Quote :
I'm probably in the minority here, but I don't remember the original being all that great

I don't remember much about the sequel (aside from the badass soundtrack), but the original was a hoot if you were in the proper frame of mind due to certain, shall we say, "herbal essences" (cough cough) ...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 7:54 pm

Yeah the original was a blast but it probably hasn't aged very well; I haven't seen it in decades.  Great soundtrack too.

Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 10:30 pm

I have been tracking this for a bit now and you all should revisit both films as they are truly most excellent.

"Dude, I just totally spit on my good dead self!"

Been a fan of Alex forever and this role IS Keanu not a character IMHO.

I can not wait!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 11:36 am

The movies were great fun.

I don't see how making a new one is away from anyone or could possibly make someone feel bad. I for instance am not much a movie-goer and probably won't see it. But I think it's great they are making another one.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 4:11 pm

I like this idea. Good for them. It's never going to go down as one of my favorite comedies, but for nostalgia sake, I love it. I really enjoyed "The Bogus Journey" as well, just because of the character Death, played by William Sadler. Those scenes, where he faced Bill & Ted in contests to more or less own their souls was great.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 5:07 pm

I'm sure it's gonna suck, but I'll probably watch it anyway. I love the first two movies enough to just give it a shot... hell, maybe it'll be one of those "so bad it's good" kinda deals.

At least they're not rebooting Wayne's World.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2019 5:10 pm

My story idea is that they still havent written the song that leads to world peace yet, so they decide to go back in time to meet other famous musicians who can help them, from Mozart to Hendrix, to even Eddie Van Halen.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2019 4:26 pm

martinsane wrote:
I have been tracking this for a bit now and you all should revisit both films as they are truly most excellent.

"Dude, I just totally spit on my good dead self!"

Been a fan of Alex forever and this role IS Keanu not a character IMHO.

I can not wait!

I am a HUGE Bill & Ted Fan loved both movies, loved the soundtrack to the first one as it was one of the first movie soundtracks i bought. On Bill & Ted Day a few years ago I won the B&T Movie Collection on Blue Ray. I am very psyched bout the 3rd one.

I saw the first one in the theater when it first came out. Probably could recite most of the movie

"All we are is dust in the wind dude!"

I dont think Keanu is doing this for $$$ but because he loved the character

Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2019 1:06 pm

Quote :

"Bill & Ted" was the first thing I ever saw Keanu in back in the day, and even all these years later I can't see him as anything but that character. Whenever I see him in anything, I still expect him to end every sentence with, "Dude..." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 9:26 pm

I have to be honest- I like the soundtracks better than the movies.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2019 10:28 pm

I revisited the first "B & T" movie over the weekend. I probably haven't seen it in 25 years. It hadn't aged well but it was good for some nostalgic yuks.

Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 1:46 pm

I think both films have aged really well.

Bogus Journey is the better of the two, but they are both fun as hell.

I recently showed them both to my two sons, 4 and 7, and they now start every morning with some version of "I'm Bill S Presquire/I'm Ted Theodore Logan, and together we are Wyld Styling!" air guitar.

At the playground the other day, they were playing with two other kids, probably around 8 or 9, and they asked them to play Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, after which they had to describe what that meant, which they did in great deal. After telling the other kids the whole movie, the other two boys say in silence for a minute, and one of them then asked "How do you even play that?"
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2019 2:45 pm

I'm probably gonna revisit "Bogus Journey" sometime soon too. I don't think I've seen that since its theatrical run.

Side note, while watching the original I was surprised to see Jane Wiedlin of Go-Go's fame played Joan of Arc. Now I wonder if I knew that back in the day and I just forgot. Getting old sucks Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 8:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

"Bill & Ted" was the first thing I ever saw Keanu in back in the day, and even all these years later I can't see him as anything but that character. Whenever I see him in anything, I still expect him to end every sentence with, "Dude..." Laughing very hard

Me too , then I saw a movie with him and Lori Laughlin made around the same time as B&T where he played some AV Nerd and she the Prom Queen .... i can never remember the name of the movie
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 9:07 am

Addy wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Me too , then I saw a movie with him and Lori Laughlin made around the same time as B&T where he played some AV Nerd and she the Prom Queen .... i can  never remember the name of the movie

'The Night Before', if I remembe right. I saw that for the first time within the past couple years. Thought it was really fun.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 1:33 pm

That sounds right to me, I cant remember when I saw it I was still a teen that much i do remember hehe double whammy for me cuz as a teen i had a crush on Lori Laughlin
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2019 1:40 pm

Addy wrote:
as a teen i had a crush on Lori Laughlin

But did you ever do the BMX Boogie with her?

Back to top Go down
ChynaPearl
Metal novice
Metal novice
ChynaPearl

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeMon Jan 20, 2020 4:28 pm

The first movie was good, but, I didn't much care for the second one--So, I probably will not waste my time watching number 3 when it comes out..8-]]
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2020 4:15 pm

Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitimeThu Jul 16, 2020 7:20 am

I remember right before Bogus Journey came out I saw a movie poster in the theater promoting upcoming releases. The poster I saw said "Bill & Ted Go To Hell". Was the name changed to "Bogus Journey"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)   Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bill & Ted 3: Face The Music (Summer 2020)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next