Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band Empty
PostSubject: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band   The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 8:39 am

Somehow I missed that Seasick Steve put out a new album recently. While checking out a few songs on YouTube, I started checking out some other bands. The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band was one of them, and...man, they kick ass.

Definitely not for everyone here. This is old-timey alt-country blues kind of stuff. Don't much about them beyond that. I found two albums for $6 and $8 on SideOneDummy Records, which I ordered, of course. Looking forward to picking up the rest...

The little girl in that video is awesome.

Anyway, check them out. Toho, I think you'll love them.

Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band   The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 3:19 pm

That first tune was a good pick-me-up before I go shovel another foot of snow. A little Killdozer, a little old Butthole Surfers, a little G Love [?]. I like it.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band   The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 4:10 pm

It's certainly unique, I'll give 'em that. Don't know that it's something I'd pull out on a regular basis, but a few songs thrown in a mix would be fun.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band   The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 10:27 am

So we're going to see this band on June 2, and we're taking the kids. They're 4 and 5, and have fallen in love with this band. I own over 13,000 albums...and this is the first music besides goofy kids' songs that they've ever shown any interest in. They LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it!

I mean, we've listened to them so much since I first discovered them that I'm starting to hate the band. Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band   The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
Page 1 of 1