Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?

Go down 
+11
Glower
Gilbert
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Boris2008
Lurideath
the sentinel
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Empty
PostSubject: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:32 pm

If your friends and family REALLY know you, what will be crankin' at your after party?
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:34 pm

For me, my peeps will play MAster of Puppets and Denim and Leather. Maybe not in that order.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 5:41 pm

Warrior Soul's Salutation From The Ghetto Nation, Raven's All For One, Metallica's Kill'Em All and Road To Ruin by the Ramones.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 6:45 pm

Sorry to be the downer here but nothing for me.

My family long ago agreed that we think funerals are a barbaric custom so it's cremation for all of us with no services of any kind.

I kind of thought that would turn out to be BS but when my Dad passed away last September that's exactly what happened; no services, wakes or anything.  That's what my Mom wants and that's what my brother and I want too.  It's sooo much easier on the surviving family.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 8:49 pm

My wife knows enough to play some Priest, Maiden, Motorhead, Anthrax, and Whitesnake. She's 12 years younger than me so I am definitely dying first, Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 8:55 pm

Wow, good on you sentinel. 

Using that same age spread that would mean I'd be married to a "spry" 46 year old.  I don't know if my heart could keep up.  Laughing very hard \'arry \'eadbanger What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? 387733

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 9:37 pm

Haha. I bet you would give her a good run, brother! Smile
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 10:43 pm

Rock You to Hell by Grim Reaper
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2019 10:52 pm

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 2:08 am

I always told my best friend that he would be in charge of music for my funeral. I want songs played befor they bury my fat ass. At least I did, I no longer care what happens to my shell after I leave it. But if he still remembers, it will be these three songs.

Come to the Sabbath
At War With Satan
and
Hell Awaits

After party can be anything by the above bands, plus Judas Priest, and Pink Floyd.

Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 2:58 am

I’ve already give my wife a list of stuff I want played at my funeral. She thinks I’m crazy and maybe a little morbid for having songs picked out already but hey you never know when your times up.Most of mine is 80’s metal, I want it to be a party! Haha!

Ozzy- Blizzard of Ozz
Dangerous Toys-S/T
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9874

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 3:41 am

While others will be partying, we will be burning in hell for having spent our lives listening to the devil's music Razz Razz Razz

Seriously though, i need to consider a list of songs to be played. But in my part of the world, funerals are held inside churches and the entire process is purely religious. So the music would be played later on, at home.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 5:49 am

tohostudios wrote:

My family long ago agreed that we think funerals are a barbaric custom so it's cremation for all of us with no services of any kind.

I kind of thought that would turn out to be BS but when my Dad passed away last September that's exactly what happened; no services, wakes or anything.  That's what my Mom wants and that's what my brother and I want too.  It's sooo much easier on the surviving family.

That's the way my wife and I want it too. Funerals are such a terrible thing to go through and I don't want to have myself or my family deal with it.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 8:56 am

Gilbert wrote:
While others will be partying, we will be burning in hell for having spent our lives listening to the devil's music Razz Razz Razz

Seriously though, i need to consider a list of songs to be played. But in my part of the world, funerals are held inside churches and the entire process is purely religious. So the music would be played later on, at home.

A lot of funerals over here are the same way Gilbert.Im sure a lot of church folks will freak but hey it’s my funeral damn it! Haha!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3163

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 9:40 am

Interesting. Just when I thought I heard it all - asked.
I used to belong to a Catholic Answers Forum -
they kept suspending me - for barely nothing - hardcore nuns must run it -
I'd love to see this question - on their forum - lol
Gilbert has a point - we're NOT exactly blasting - Benedict Monk Monastery Chant Hymns.

Me, I'd go easy with some Malmsteen - " Angels of Love " Folk guitar instrumental CD
Maybe some Vinnie Moore " Mind's Eye " or Tony MacAlpine " Maximum Security " - to keep it real !

12 years younger than you ? Wow Sentinel ! Keep young at heart.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 10:01 am

Can't say I've given it much thought, but I'd hope my guys would play some Motorhead, Megadeth or GnR while they raised a pint for me.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 1:29 pm

One of my best friends died last week. We had the service, and a NordEast Minneapolis service is unlike most. It was pretty much an hour of comedy then we all met at her favorite watering hole. A NordEast memorial is more like a family/high school reunion. There were very few tears. A TON of re-connections happened for me. DeathCult almost got laid. It was amazing and a really great day.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 7:23 pm

Dark Angel - Darkness Descends
Megadeth - Rust in Peace
Slayer - Reign in Blood
Death - Human
Heathen - Victims of Deception

Probably two or three others.

But given that most of my relatives despise metal of any kind, and also won't listen to punk or hard rock (a lot of them won't listen to anything heavier than Elton John), I have no idea how that would go over. Of course, those relatives are older than me, and may not even be alive when I die. But a lot of my friends are metalheads, so they'd love the listening playlist I'd have in store.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2019 7:55 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
One of my best friends died last week.  We had the service, and a NordEast Minneapolis service is unlike most.  It was pretty much an hour of comedy then we all met at her favorite watering hole.  A NordEast memorial is more like a family/high school reunion.  There were very few tears.  A TON of re-connections happened for me.  DeathCult almost got laid.  It was amazing and a really great day.

headbanger
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 1:59 am

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
One of my best friends died last week.  We had the service, and a NordEast Minneapolis service is unlike most.  It was pretty much an hour of comedy then we all met at her favorite watering hole.  A NordEast memorial is more like a family/high school reunion.  There were very few tears.  A TON of re-connections happened for me.  DeathCult almost got laid.  It was amazing and a really great day.

That’s cool man. That’s the way it should be. A celebration of life.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 6:11 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

That's the way my wife and I want it too. Funerals are such a terrible thing to go through and I don't want to have myself or my family deal with it.

I'm flying down to FLA next week to visit my Mom and I'm sure this subject will come up again.  But she was so impressed with how the local cremation society handled my Dad's case that I'm pretty sure she hasn't changed her plans.

I also think this touch was cool:

In their later years my parents were huge fans of going on cruises.  They cruised to the Caribbean numerous times, to Alaska and even a month-long cruise to Antarctica.  So where were my Dad's ashes put to rest?  Somewhere in the Atlantic Ocean.  My Mom received documentation of the exact latitude and longitude where they placed him.  I think that's cool.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 7:03 pm

AC/DC...Powerage
Judas Priest ...Point of Entry
Scorpions ...Animal Magnetism
Y&T...Mean Streak
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2019 9:10 pm

"Nobody loves me, nobody cares and when I die there will be nobody there." ~ Blag Dahlia/The Dwarves
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 18, 2019 7:05 pm

martinsane wrote:
"Nobody loves me, nobody cares and when I die there will be nobody there." ~ Blag Dahlia/The Dwarves

I would take a Greyhound Bus half way across the country to be at your celebration, Terr! And those things are skanky!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?   What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What METAL album will they play at your funerals after-party?
Page 1 of 1