Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album

Go down 
+17
TrogDawn
Shawn Of Fire
HeavyThrashhead
MetalGuy71
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Glower
glassprison
Gilbert
Fat Freddy
Required Fields
the sentinel
Lari
Troublezone
tohostudios
manny
mikeinfla
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Empty
PostSubject: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 7:27 am

New
Rumor: New AC/DC Album To Feature MALCOLM YOUNG's Rhythm Guitar Playing On All Songs

Texas-based publication JAM Magazine has cited a "reliable source inside the AC/DC camp" as letting them know that Angus Young is working on a new AC/DC album that will be dedicated to his brother, the late Malcolm Young.

According to the site, the new recordings will include "Malcolm playing rhythm guitar on all tracks!"

A posting on the JAM Magazine Facebook page reads: "Turns out, five years prior to the 'Black Ice' LP, AC/DC's 15th studio release, Angus and Malcolm Young lived to together where they literally wrote hundreds of songs, many were recorded and have been stashed away until now. Angus has decided to selected the best tracks from those recordings that Malcolm played on and is now back in the studio recording and mixing them with fellow bandmates Phil Rudd, Cliff Williams and, yes, Brian Johnson on vocals."

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-new-ac-dc-album-to-feature-malcolm-youngs-rhythm-guitar-playing-on-all-songs/
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 8:27 am

This would not be the first time this has been done, The Doors recorded new music behind Jim Morrison reading his poetry in 1978, and they added new music to a demo of one of Jim Morrison's songs in 1997.

Of course Queen completed an album of songs recorded by Freddie Mercury after his passing.

If AC/DC does do this and then I have a feeling after the album's release and short tour, the band may call it a career.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 9:24 am

Now THAT I'd buy!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39570

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 9:32 am

Very interesting. I think that Manny called it right on the situation.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 10:27 am

I think Angus will retire the band after the new album and one final tour. But after that, I really hope he makes a solo album with Axl. I think they work well together.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6336

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 4:11 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
A posting on the JAM Magazine Facebook page reads: "...Angus and Malcolm Young lived to together where they... 
...Angus has decided to selected the best tracks from..."
I find it difficult to take this bit serious.

Is this album available via donating money to a Nigerian prince?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 5:18 pm

Thanks for the heads up, Mike. I king of figured that previously recorded material was the case when I read the title of the thread. I'm cool with it. Didn't Armored Saint do something similar after Dave Pritchard passed?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 7:50 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I think Angus will retire the band after the new album and one final tour. But after that, I really hope he makes a solo album with Axl. I think they work well together.

This is what I predict will happen.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 8:39 pm

I'm sure the Young family has boxes and boxes of tapes of Malcolm's unused song and riff ideas that they can use to cobble together at least one more record.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeSun Sep 02, 2018 9:29 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'm sure the Young family has boxes and boxes of tapes of Malcolm's unused song and riff ideas that they can use to cobble together at least one more record.

I remember Malcolm made a similar comment about having boxes of ideas for the next record in an interview.

The interview was posted on Blabbermouth, and one response said, "Let me take a wild guess on what this album is going to sound like..."

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 5:30 am

Brian Johnson will be the singer?
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 6:59 am

Gilbert wrote:
Brian Johnson will be the singer?

Yes, the classic line-up of Brian, Angus, Phil & Cliff with Stevie Young as well. They are in Vancouver now recording.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 8:16 am

Nice. I am definitely in!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 11:09 am

This is terrific news, and I'm so glad Brian is singing on it.

Also, if they truly have "hundreds of songs" written, and many recorded with Malcolm, we might be getting new AC/DC albums long after the band itself is finished!
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3171

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 7:18 pm

I wonder if they’ll say “ devil “ in the lyrics.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 8:25 pm

Some more recent photos. Brian looks like a regular dude without the beret type hat.

Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Dkn_GOiX4AA_JIn

Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Dkn_GOcX0AAUqsC
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 10:01 pm

Man, I pray they do this without any of Asshat Axl's involvement. No, five songs of this and Brian on a couple of tracks, blah blah. Trying to generate one last buck. DO THE RIGHT THING ANGUS!!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 10:37 pm

I totally agree with Uncle Sax.  Do a whole album of Malcolm trax. not one or two and a whole bunch of Axl nonsense.  If you want to do Axl crap then put that on another album.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 11:16 am

manny wrote:
This would not be the first time this has been done, The Doors recorded new music behind Jim Morrison reading his poetry in 1978, and they added new music to a demo of one of Jim Morrison's songs in 1997.

Of course Queen completed an album of songs recorded by Freddie Mercury after his passing.

If AC/DC does do this and then I have a feeling after the album's release and short tour, the band may call it a career.

The Beatles did it too with some John Lennon recordings for the Anthology collections.

If Angus does indeed decide to close the AC/DC chapter of his life, that would be a classy and fitting way to do it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3171

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2018 6:19 pm

If Angus put out a live album release with Axl - I wouldn’t buy it.
Interesting photo of Brian - reading - with his reading glasses on the table - lol
I have heard - that necklace - he’s worn in for years and years -
Anyone know the symbol -
I heard someone hint - it’s a satanic symbol. I just can’t believe that.
I have seen an interview where they asked him to hide it - he laughed -
and put the necklace image behind him - not under his shirt.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 12:57 am

i'm not surprised to hear that AC/DC has "unused" guitar tracks. if this is the route they are gonna go with this new album, i'll get it!.

also, i would not even be surprised if even after AC/DC are done that they will still release albums of "Collected" Unreleased material. after all, it's been said/rumored that there are plenty of still Unreleased material from the sessions fore either Flick of the Switch, the Who Made Who film score that has never seen the light of day, Blow Up Your Video, Ballbreaker and Stiff Upper Lip.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2018 9:47 am

Quote :
Interesting photo of Brian - reading - with his reading glasses on the table - lol

His glasses could be for distance. If I wore my glasses when reading, it would all be blurry.

Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 12:22 pm

If true, this is excellent news and would be a fitting final chapter to the AC/DC legacy. Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 12:57 pm

Good luck to them with whatever they do. They have earned the right to bow out in whatever way they see fit. I'll just listen to the albums where they really were a smokin' rock and roll band!

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2018 10:19 pm

I'm in the no Axl camp, he sounds like a cat that's been drinking bleach.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album   Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Malcolm rumored to play on next AC/DC album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next