Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 7:28 pm

Finished Rebirth Of Mothra II today.  Thankfully.  Holy crap was this movie silly; Mothra actually morphs into "Fishra" so he can go underwater to fight his foe.  Ugh.

One more Mothra flick then I'm done with kaiju flicks for a while.  I'm thinking about rewatching the original Planet Of The Apes flicks next before my Ken Burn's Viet Nam set arrives for some serious viewing.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 6:39 am

"Frightmare" (aka "The Horror Star," 1983)

Members of a college "Horror Movie Society" visit the tomb of their favorite, recently deceased old time scary movie actor, and decide to steal his body as a prank. Needless to say, this turns out to be a spectacularly bad decision, when the old guy's corpse wakes up and spends the rest of the movie picking them off one by one in various gory ways.

This cheesy but mostly fun early 80s nugget tries to combine the mood/atmosphere of classic horror films (the elderly "horror star" is clearly modeled after guys like Vincent Price and Christopher Lee) with the ultra-violent slasher craze. Sharp eyed nerds will also notice a young Jeffrey "Dr. Herbert West" Combs making his film debut as one of the unlucky students.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 7:08 am

Finally finished 'Flash Gordon' tv series that lasted only one season on the then fledgling SCI-FI Network. The series starts out terribly, the first four episodes are so bad, that it is no wonder nobody bothered to sticking around. Mid way thru that season, they found their footing, the stories got better, they shed some characters and it just became a better series, unfortunately by then, nobody was watching and nobody cared.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 2:14 pm

Started Rebirth Of Mothra III on the elliptical today.

This one's already better than the first two.  It's less childish and it features The King.  King Ghidorah looks pretty good; the wings have spines and the center head has horns with points like antlers while the left and right heads just have straight horns.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 3:54 pm

Dr. Pimple Popper
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 3:59 pm

Snapped marathon
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2019 7:54 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Dr. Pimple Popper

My orthopedic surgeon told me about this show.  I thought she was making it up.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 7:36 am

Watched 'Superman/Shazam: The Return of the Black Adam'
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 11:40 am

Watched "The Terry Kath Experience", if you don't know who he is/was....check it out.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 5:25 pm

Watched Captain Marvel, the latest installment in the MCU. This was a pretty good movie but then again, I 'be liked every movie in the series.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 9:19 pm

Family Guy

The "cameo" by The Orville was hilarious.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 9:28 pm

I just saw a promo for a new version of "Hellboy".

I was all set to piss all over it but then I looked it up and A) it's rated R and B) it's directed by Neil ("Dog Soldiers", "The Descent") Marshall so I'm on board!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 10, 2019 9:31 pm

007 wrote:
Watched Captain Marvel, the latest installment in the MCU. This was a pretty good movie but then again, I 'be liked every movie in the series.

That was the last movie I saw in the theater; I saw it for free.

The last TV show I watched was the new episode of Family Guy.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 5:59 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 6:31 pm

Password
Match Game PM
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 7:00 pm

MASH
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4601

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2019 8:54 pm

007 wrote:

The young fella and I went to see that on Saturday. Both he and I enjoyed it. It's a typical Marvel origin story, with the only difference being the main character is female. I wouldn't rank it near the best of Marvel's offerings, but it's a solid entry.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 6:15 am

Never saw Breaking Bad during it's original run. Just finished Season 2 on Neflix and WOW what a show. Suspenseful!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 12:36 pm

mikeinfla wrote:
Never saw Breaking Bad during it's original run. Just finished Season 2 on Neflix and WOW what a show. Suspenseful!

Man I can't recommend that show enough. You're in for a ride. TV has been boring ever since for me.

And be sure to watch Better Call Saul when you're finished!
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 1:31 pm

manny wrote:
Finally finished 'Flash Gordon' tv series that lasted only one season on the then fledgling SCI-FI Network. The series starts out terribly, the first four episodes are so bad, that it is no wonder nobody bothered to sticking around. Mid way thru that season, they found their footing, the stories got better, they shed some characters and it just became a better series, unfortunately by then, nobody was watching and nobody cared.

I saw this during its original run and enjoyed it. I remember I bought the Flash Gordon movie on DVD and it said "contains bonus scene from the new TV show". But when you get to it, it isn't really even a trailer it just shows the logo so that was kind of lame but I ended up watching it and enjoying it. Disappeared pretty quick.
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 1:32 pm

corplhicks wrote:
mikeinfla wrote:

Man I can't recommend that show enough. You're in for a ride. TV has been boring ever since for me.

And be sure to watch Better Call Saul when you're finished!

I plan on it, as I have never seen that either. If it is on Netflix I'll catch up on that as soon as I am done. Right now on episode 2 of Season 3. He just threw the pizza on top of those house LOL I thought that was hilarious!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 9:21 pm

My copy of Ken Burns' The Viet Nam War" came today.  I plan on starting it after one more day on the elliptical with Mothra.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 9:36 pm

tohostudios wrote:
My copy of Ken Burns' The Viet Nam War" came today.  I plan on starting it after one more day on the elliptical with Mothra.

I watched it and it is excellent, do not look for an in depth analysis of the war, thou it does give you an excellent overview why and how it happened, this documentary is really more about the soldiers and their stories. Personally I thought, like his other documentaries, worth watching and will stay with you long after you finished viewing the film.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 9:38 pm

A Fish Called Wanda
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2019 10:09 pm

manny wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I watched it and it is excellent, do not look for an in depth analysis of the war, thou it does give you an excellent overview why and how it happened, this documentary is really more about the soldiers and their stories. Personally I thought, like his other documentaries,  worth watching and will stay with you long after you finished viewing the film.

That's exactly why I bought it.

The Viet Nam War occurred just prior to my growing up enough to appreciate what was going on.  My earliest memories of it are when the news (in black and white mind you) showed a helicopter trying to take off as US troops were getting out of there. 

For such an important event in US history I really know zero about it other than what I've seen in movies like Full Metal Jacket. 

So hearing about it from actual witnesses and people who lived it is precisely what I'm after.  Especially since I bring no political agenda to the discussion; I have some pre-conceived ideas based on what I've heard and read since but since I didn't actually "live" the event I'm more or less an 80% blank slate. 

And I dig Ken Burns work so I'm anxious to see what he does with this subject.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 11 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 44  Next