Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019

Go down 
+25
akeldama
Wurthless
Wargod
mikeinfla
Addy
glassprison
ZombieHavoc
Boris2008
the sentinel
Witchfinder
SideShowDisaSter
Thelemech
corplhicks
martinsane
Wrecked Neck
MetalGuy71
nevermore
Required Fields
manny
Leatherface
James B.
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 44  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 6:33 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I would have totally watched it with the alternate title!  Especially if it had "A Troma Release" stamped on the cover.

Oh yeah, this was totally a "Troma" kind of movie!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 7:12 pm

Watched another 30 minutes of "Rebirth Of Mothra" on the elliptical today.

I really like this four-legged version of the classic Ghirdorah monster better because it just seems more feasible from a biological standpoint.  How the hell does the two-legged version support those three, constantly undulating heads? 

At any rate, if you can get past the obvious fact that this flick was geared toward kids I'd recommend it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 7:22 pm

Dr Pimple Popper
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 02, 2019 7:47 pm

Leatherface wrote:
Dr Pimple Popper

Laughing very hard

That really is a show???

My orthopedic surgeon mentioned it the last time I visited her and she was forcing disgusting crap out of an arthritic cyst I had on my finger.  I thought she was just making it up to make me feel better about the disgusting process she was performing.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 7:49 am

"Halloween" (2007)

Rob Zombie attempts to recharge the aging horror franchise's batteries, with mixed results. This flick spends WAY too much time on Michael Myers' back story so that by the time he breaks out of the asylum and starts his Halloween night killing spree, the movie's already 3/4 over. The attempt to "humanize" Myers is an interesting idea, but I think I liked him better when he was an enigma, not a white trash kid with Mommy issues.
That said, it''s a well made film, the cast is great, and the violence is fabulously brutal, so your mileage may vary. I don't hate this one, but it's never fully clicked with me, either. This is "Halloween" for the Hot Topic crowd.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 8:07 am

I hated it, yes there are few good moments in the film, but every character is so unlikable, you route for Michael Myers to take everyone out, I think the only person less likeable than all the trailer trash characters is Myers himself. I know alot of people love this film, but I was not one of them. Like you said mixed results, a well made film, just not a film I cared for.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 10:02 am

manny wrote:
I hated it, yes there are few good moments in the film, but every character is so unlikable, you route for Michael Myers to take everyone out, I think the only person less likeable than all the trailer trash characters is Myers himself.  I know alot of people love this film, but I was not one of them. Like you said mixed results, a well made film, just not a film I cared for.

Compared to some of the last-gasp sequels that preceded it, this one looks like solid gold. Smile

Now if ya wanna talk hatred, there's Rob Zombie's "Halloween II" which is simply a steaming pile. Whatever good will RZ built up with his first Halloween film, his sequel crapped all over it for a quick paycheck. Absolutely god-awful stuff...

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 11:12 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Alita_Battle_Angel_%282019_poster%29

I watched it yesterday afternoon. I would have got to see it for free, but I ended up leaving my Scene card at the convenience store. Oh, well. (After the movie, I went back to the store, and it had been turned in; I went because that was the last place I remembered seeing it.)

It was pretty good.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 3:08 pm

"Manhattan Baby" (1982)

An archaeologist is struck blind by a mysterious force while exploring an Egyptian tomb, and when he and his family return home to New York it appears that something sinister has hitched a ride on their young daughter as well.
Lucio Fulci of "Zombie" and "New York Ripper" fame directed this bizarro, ten-years-too-late "Rosemary's Baby" wanna-be, which seems to have been made up as it went along. The story's got more holes than Swiss cheese, the dialog and dubbing is typical Italian-horror gibberish, and it didn't even have any of Fulci's trademark extreme gore to keep me interested. My boy Lucio struck out big time with this one. AVOID.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 4:50 pm

The Prophecy (1995)

Christopher Walken stars as the Angel Gabriel,angered over God giving souls to humans,rebelling and starting a second war in Heaven. Gabriel's plan includes locating a particularly wicked soul of a deceased military man. Eric Stoltz stars as a benevolent Angel who hides the soul within a little girl. Elias Koteas stars as a former priest turned cop protecting the girl. I thought this was a pretty good film and have just found out it spawned quite a few sequels. I'll have to track them down now.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 6:42 pm

Just finished Season 2 of "Defiance" from SyFy. Apparently just one more season to go, did some research and, go figure, it is also a videogame that still gets updated. I dig the show for what its worth.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2019 7:40 pm

Watched a concert of Dennis DeYoung on PBS last night.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 5:55 am

The Walking Dead
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 9:05 am

Bob's Burgers
Family Guy

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 9:45 am

tohostudios wrote:
Bob's Burgers

I started watching that but missed the end because my daughter's boyfriend got stuck in her driveway and I had to help him out. The last part I saw was when the Principal's brother-in-law showed up to take Frond's job.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 04, 2019 7:16 pm

007 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Bob's Burgers

I started watching that but missed the end because my daughter's boyfriend got stuck in her driveway and I had to help him out. The last part I saw was when the Principal's brother-in-law showed up to take Frond's job.

He was completely incompetent and didn't want to be there so Louise (in her role as "principal") rehired Frond.

The scary thing to me is that that's how I feel a lot of so-called "guidance councellors" feel.  I remember even way back when I was in high school over 40 years ago, that was the impression I got when I talked to one.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 10:10 am

007 wrote:
The Prophecy (1995)

Christopher Walken stars as the Angel Gabriel,angered over God giving souls to humans,rebelling and starting a second war in Heaven. Gabriel's plan includes locating a particularly wicked soul of a deceased military man. Eric Stoltz stars as a benevolent Angel who hides the soul within a little girl. Elias Koteas stars as a former priest turned cop protecting the girl. I thought this was a pretty good film and have just found out it spawned quite a few sequels. I'll have to track them down now.

I remember going on a blind date to see that movie. My buddy's sister tried to hook me up with one of her girlfriends. I sorta remember the movie being pretty decent. Better than the date ended up being. Razz

I'm pretty sure Glenn Danzig shows up in one of the direct-to-video sequels.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 10:12 am

I started watching Deadpool 2 last night. I loved the first one and this sequel is pretty good, but I had to bail out mid-way through. I was falling asleep. I'll try and finish it up tonight.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 05, 2019 6:51 pm

The wife and I are enjoying watching "The Waltons" together on Amazon Prime. Brings back childhood memories...

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 06, 2019 4:26 pm

Bad Reputation. The documentary on Joan Jett
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 2:23 am

Return of the Living Dead: Rave to the Grave (2005)-in the final installment of the ROTLD series,  a collage students happens to stumble upon one of the last remaining drums of Trioxin.  Not knowing exactly what they have discovered, one of his science geek friends decides to create a new drug out of the chemicals called "Z".  Before long. anyone who takes the drug turns into a zombie and soon a zombie epidemic sweeps through the school.  This one is without a doubt the weakest in this series of movies.  There is some decent effects and some minor gore, but the whole plot is a little silly and by the last half hour or so I was struggling to pay attention to the movie.  I'll give this one a mild 2 out of 5 Trioxin drums.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 6:04 am

Lost
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 7:29 pm

Match Game
Jeopardy
Family Feud
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2019 7:32 pm

Rebirth Of Mothra II

Maybe it's because I just finished with all the Chucky movies which I found very entertaining but these late 90s Mothra movies are boring me to tears.  I'd already seen Rebirth I and it features a different version of Ghidorah so that was at least interesting but so far I'm finding Rebirth II to be endlessly dull.  Plus Mothra's foe in this one is some pretty generic-looking monster called Daghora.  And again this one is aimed at kids.  Couple that with again beating us over the head with environmental messages and I'm finding this one real tough to get through.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 08, 2019 5:51 am

Supernatural
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019 - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2019
Page 10 of 44Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 27 ... 44  Next