Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019

Go down 
+13
Wargod
mikeinfla
Boris2008
Wrecked Neck
Required Fields
Lari
glassprison
nevermore
Lurideath
scottmitchell74
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Watching game 1 of the Divisional series:  Cards vs Braves.

Cards just scored 4 runs in the top of the 9th to take a 7-3 lead.  But as usual, I'm STILL worried.
It sure is nice to not hear that stupid "Indian" chant.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 03, 2019 9:38 pm

Cards ended up winning game 1 of the NLDS 7-6.

As usual, Carlos Martinez, the Cards default closer, made it more interesting than necessary. He gave up 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th but managed to hang on for the win.

I predict this series will be like this for 5 games; the teams are so evenly matched.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:00 pm

Watching game 3 and it's the pitching duel everyone expected between Wainwright and Soroka. 1-0 Cardinals in the bottom of the 6th. Braves have 3 hits Cardinals have 1. Wainwright's fanned 8 and walked none and Soroka has retired 15 batters in a row.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39461

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 6:10 pm

Watched the Steelers lose to the Ravens today in overtime. A good fight by the Steelers despite losing their starting qb from a nasty helmet to helmet shot.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 06, 2019 7:56 pm

And as expected when the Cards use Carlos Martinez as the ersatz closer because Jordan Hicks had TJ surgery, things did not turn out well.

I knew as soon as they brought his lame-ass in with a 1-0 lead, we were toast.

Sure enough, 3-1 Braves final. Nice job Martinez; good luck in your future endeavors (not).

Get his social media-obsessed ass outta here! He sucks!!!!

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 6:19 pm

Watching the Cardinals roll over and die.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 6:23 pm

Watched the Packers beat the Cowboys yesterday. And the Dodgers beat the Nationals last night.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 07, 2019 7:17 pm

Wow. The Cards pulled it out and won 5-4 in 10

Man, every game in this series has been hotly contested.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 4:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Wow.  The Cards pulled it out and won 5-4 in 10

Man, every game in this series has been hotly contested.

I watched this game. And then watched the Dodgers get beat.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 6:34 pm

Those two games set up some epic pitching matchups for game 5s. The Cards have Flaherty going aqainst Folty-howeveryouspellit (and he OWNED us in game 2). The Nats/Dodger game has Strasburg vs Buehler.

Those should both be very low-scoring games but you watch, I bet at least one ends up something like 8-7.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 08, 2019 7:40 pm

Watching the Rays jump all over Verlander on 3 days rest. Verlander's already thrown 30 pitches in the first and he's allowed 3 runs.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Watching game 5 of the NLDS between St Louis and Atlanta.  St. Louis has scored 9 runs in the first.

Now 13-0 going to the bottom of the 4th.  After the first 4 games being total nailbiters, who saw this coming????

EDIT: 13-1 final.

Bring it on Dodgers/Nats.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Watched the Braves gets absolutely crushed!! And then watched the Dodgers do their post season choke.

Watching the Giants and Patriots now.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 10, 2019 8:42 pm

nevermore wrote:
Watched the Braves gets absolutely crushed!! And then watched the Dodgers do their post season choke.

Watching the Giants and Patriots now.

That Nats/Dodger result was a complete shock to me when I woke up this morning.  When I went to bed last night LA was cruising with a 3-1 lead.  I figured it was over.  Imagine my surprise when I woke up and found Washington won 7-4.  I like it because I didn't relish the idea of staying up late to watch STL play on the West Coast but I was shocked to see the final score.  

That is also setting up some interesting pitching matchups for the NLCS:

Miles Mikolas vs Anibel Sanchez (that looks like a wash on paper; two #3 starters)
Adam Wainwright vs Max Scherzer (that looks like a wash too given Waino's ERA at home this year is 2.56)
Jack Flaherty vs Stephen Strasburg (in Washington) - that should be a REALLY low scoring game

And after that...who knows where it goes?

I guess the wild cards in these matchups will be Patrick Corbin and Dakota Hudson. Maybe Corbin is the Nats #3 starter and Sanchez is #4 but by the same logic Hudson would be the Cardinals #3 start and Mikolas #4.

On paper the pitching looks pretty even. I'd give the offensive edge to Washington because they've been much more consistent than the Cardinals. But if the offensive explosions from the last two NLDS games carry over for St. Louis then look out. The Cardinals are really streaky and when they're hot, they are HOT.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 8:02 am

I've been thinking about you all along Toho; I bet you're wound up! I kind of like it, too. When the "big guns" fall (as long as it's not my team) it makes things more interesting to me.

Goldschmidt paying off in the playoffs.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 6:25 pm

Yeah Goldschmidt and Ozuna have been beasts in the post-season so far.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 11, 2019 11:04 pm

Great outing by Sanchez; no-hitter until two out in the 8th. It's still only 2-0 Nats but that was a tremendous start by Sanchez.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 7:02 pm

Watching the Cardinals continue to not hit their way out of a paper bag.

After only 1 hit last night, today they let Scherzer carry a no-hitter into the 7th.  We finally scored a run in the 8th but good grief, it's now 3-1 Nats with one out in the bottom of the 8th.  Cards have a whopping 1 run on 4 hits.  

They need to seriously shake up the lineup for Monday's game in DC.  Fowler isn't hitting worth a crap at leadoff; drop him to 7th and move Edman to leadoff.  And speaking of Edman, move him to third and put Jose Martinez in right and bench Carpenter.  ANYTHING to shakeup the lineup because this one in its current configuration ain't hitting squat against the Nats's pitching.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 8:49 pm

Watching Penn State at Iowa
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 12, 2019 8:54 pm

I'm watching Florida vs LSU, flipping back and forth between USC and my hated Notre Dame.  About to add the Yankees/Astros game to my channel surfing tonight.

This is the best time of year to be a sports fan; post-season MLB, NCAA football, NFL football and NHL hockey all at the same time.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 12:11 pm

Watched the Yankees beat the Astros last night.

Currently watching the Panthers beat the Buccaneers.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 1:19 pm

Watching the Bengals at the Ravens
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 7:02 pm

NFL Red Zone

How badly to I hate the Rams? I find myself rooting for the Niners to clobber them. Back when the Rams were in St. Louis I would always tell my friend from work who had two season tickets that I wanted his second ticket for Rams/Niners because I used to HATE San Fran.

Obviously I now HATE the LA RAMS more!

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2019 7:46 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I'm watching Florida vs LSU, flipping back and forth between USC and my hated Notre Dame.  About to add the Yankees/Astros game to my channel surfing tonight.

This is the best time of year to be a sports fan; post-season MLB, NCAA football, NFL football and NHL hockey all at the same time.

Bitter sweet because I hate being torn and can't watch it all!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2019 6:02 am

Watched the Steelers (with their 3rd qb) beat the Chargers 24-17.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019   What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What SPORTS Did You Watch Today? - 2019
Page 21 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26  Next