Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo

Go down 
+4
candlemass
kethdredd
Shiney
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage

Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Empty
PostSubject: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:14 pm

Anyone interested? I've always really dug these guys.

Quote :
Frontiers Records is truly excited to announce the signing of Danger Danger for the release of a brand new studio album during 2008!

Formed in 1987 by Bruno Ravel and Steve West, and rounded out by Ted Poley, Andy Timmons and Kasey Smith, it didn't take long for the band to be noticed by Epic Records' Lennie Petze, the guy who had earlier discovered Boston, Cyndi Lauper and Aldo Nova, to name a few. Released in 1989, the self-titled release struck gold.

After releasing another amazingly successful album such as "Screw It" in 1991, D2 recorded a third disc for Sony entitled "Cockroach" which, due to legal wrangling, wouldn't see the light of day until eight years later. Upon completion of the album, the band parted ways with lead singer Ted Poley. Needing a replacement, friend and former Elektra recording artist, Canadian Paul Laine stepped in, releasing "Dawn" as the band's independent album in 1995. Two more successful studio albums came out later: "Four The Hard Way", the band's triumphant return to the original melodic rock roots, and "The Return Of The Great Gildersleeves", both greeted with stellar reviews from critics and fans the world over, further helping cement the band's reputation.

2004 saw the official return in the line-up of the original singer Ted Poley after an 11 year absence and this forthcoming album will be the band's first studio effort with Ted since the "Cockroach" sessions! "We are very excited to be recording with Ted again, as I know our fans are, as well", says drummer Steve West who announces that "the new one will be a true Danger Danger record: a present for the fans who will surely be pleased".

Danger Danger line-up today includes also the other original member Bruno Ravel and guitarist Rob Marcello.

The band is looking forward to enter the studio, right after the special gig that Danger Danger will play in Ludwigsburg, Germany at the United Forces Of Rock Festival next Sunday, September the 30th, where they will perform together with Joe Lynn Turner, Stan Bush, White Wolf, Soul Doctor, Last Autumn's Dream and Human Zoo.

"We're looking to have the record finished by the end of the year and we're also looking forward to meet all our European fans in Germany" concludes Steve West!

So be there and let's all wait the new year to rock again with Danger Danger!

Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Dangerdanger-2007

Last edited by on Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:28 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:16 pm

They make me feel Naughty Naughty. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 5:56 pm

Ted Poley's a very nice guy (I've met him twice) which makes me feel almost guilty to say that I never liked Danger Danger one iota. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 6:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ted Poley's a very nice guy (I've met him twice) which makes me feel almost guilty to say that I never liked Danger Danger one iota. Sad
You like his solo albums? That could make up for it. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 6:07 pm

I actually never cared for them either....which is funny considering the myriad of cheese metal I immerse myself in....

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 6:42 pm

Shiney wrote:
I actually never cared for them either....which is funny considering the myriad of cheese metal I immerse myself in....
Pffft! Pffft!
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 8:27 pm

Ive never liked these guys. I'm a giant cheese fan myself, but this was like velveeta on steroids!
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:37 pm

lol! Laughing very hard Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2007 9:41 pm

kethdredd wrote:
Ive never liked these guys. I'm a giant cheese fan myself, but this was like velveeta on steroids!

No that was Enuff Z' Nuff.

Look what I just typed. ENUFF Z' NUFF. The name oozes cheese.
To their credit Danger Danger was not as fruity as Enuff Z' Nuff. I mean fruity in every sense of the word.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:04 am

spectrefate wrote:
Look what I just typed. ENUFF Z' NUFF. The name oozes cheese.
To their credit Danger Danger was not as fruity as Enuff Z' Nuff. I mean fruity in every sense of the word.

If your definition of cheesy and fruity when describing Enuff Z'Nuff is 'one of the greatest and critically acclaimed powerpop bands of the 90's' then yes i agree with your statement on Enuff Z'Nuff. As for Danger Danger they were an opportunistic band cashing in with their watered down bland and dumb songs. Songs that were shallow and cold very much like a kiddies wading pool. Danger Danger don't even come close to the brilliance of Enuff Z'Nuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:25 am

Wow. I think Enuff Z'nuff is pretty bland. I can't agree that Danger Danger were opportunistic when they've been around for nearly 20 years. In the right place at the right time, most likely, but many bands were in that same boat.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 1:47 am

Probably opportunistic wasn' the right word but that period in the early 90's by them was a shallow derivative of corporate AOR tinged hard rock or pop metal if you will (a genre i like alot). It was bands like Danger Danger that ultimately shot that style of music in the foot.
Although having said that i enjoy listening to the later Danger Danger album's, the ones post Screw It! that is. As for Enuff Z'Nuff i don't know what you find bland about them but that's your opinion, but for a band that is 11 albums into their career they have written alot of brilliant songs. Their a band like King's X some people get them other's don't but they are impossible not to respect.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:02 am

rattpoison wrote:
Probably opportunistic wasn' the right word but that period in the early 90's by them was a shallow derivative of corporate AOR tinged hard rock or pop metal if you will (a genre i like alot). It was bands like Danger Danger that ultimately shot that style of music in the foot.
Although having said that i enjoy listening to the later Danger Danger album's, the ones post Screw It! that is. As for Enuff Z'Nuff i don't know what you find bland about them but that's your opinion, but for a band that is 11 albums into their career they have written alot of brilliant songs. Their a band like King's X some people get them other's don't but they are impossible not to respect.
Oh, I have respect for any 80s rock band that is still around. I've just not found any Enuff Z'nuff album to be of my liking, and I've heard quite a few.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 2:24 am

I wouldn't call Enuff Z'Nuff an 80's rock band (debut album in 1989 only 1/11 albums in the 80's) it would be like calling Nirvana an 80's rock band (debut 89). And therein lies peoples misconceptions of Enuff Z'Nuff and where that band comes from musically although you Eyesore has a clue about music so your criticisms are fair but it kills me when people just dismiss them as an 80's glam metal band having never heard many of their albums they have more in common with bands from the 60's and 70's like the Beatles, Badfinger, Raspberries, Big Star, Cheap Trick etc. People should be putting Enuff Z'Nuff with bands like Jellyfish when describing them and not Poison. Eyesore you should check out Paraphernalia (1999) that is probably ENZ's best album although they are all wonderful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:05 am

I use 80s rock as a term defining a style, rather than an indicator of what decade something came out in.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeFri Oct 12, 2007 3:15 am

Yeah i thought that but if thats so i would probably call Enuff Z'Nuff a 70's rock band when defining their style!
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2007 7:29 pm

I dig ENUFF Z'NUFF.....

very unique sound given their contemporaries in 1989....

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 10:19 am

Shiney wrote:
I dig ENUFF Z'NUFF.....

very unique sound given their contemporaries in 1989....

Yea, I like Enuff Z'Nuff. Allot better than people give them credit for. Dig the Beatle-esque harmonies.

Never cared much for Danger Danger.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 2:27 pm

Well, this thread was an epic failure, huh? I should turn it into an Enuff Z'nuff thread! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 6:28 pm

Not sure how it happened.....but I wouldn't call it a failure....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2007 8:37 pm

Would this be a bad time to mention that I never cared for Danger Danger OR Enuff Z'nuff?? Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2007 1:27 am

Eyesore wrote:
Well, this thread was an epic failure, huh? I should turn it into an Enuff Z'nuff thread! Haha.

No, a failure thread would be me posting about the band New England and getting zero responses.
The Enuff-z-nuff that I stiil play is Animals With Human Intellegence, which has about four real scorching rockers on it. I used to like Strength a lot too, but it's kinda turned into a period piece for me now.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 1:44 pm

rattpoison wrote:
I wouldn't call Enuff Z'Nuff an 80's rock band (debut album in 1989 only 1/11 albums in the 80's) it would be like calling Nirvana an 80's rock band (debut 89). And therein lies peoples misconceptions of Enuff Z'Nuff and where that band comes from musically although you Eyesore has a clue about music so your criticisms are fair but it kills me when people just dismiss them as an 80's glam metal band having never heard many of their albums they have more in common with bands from the 60's and 70's like the Beatles, Badfinger, Raspberries, Big Star, Cheap Trick etc. People should be putting Enuff Z'Nuff with bands like Jellyfish when describing them and not Poison. Eyesore you should check out Paraphernalia (1999) that is probably ENZ's best album although they are all wonderful.

If that's true then they shouldn't of tried to look the part and in that sense they were riding the mascara band wagon to sell their 70's influenced pop rock.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2007 2:53 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

No, a failure thread would be me posting about the band New England and getting zero responses.
The Enuff-z-nuff that I stiil play is Animals With Human Intellegence, which has about four real scorching rockers on it. I used to like Strength a lot too, but it's kinda turned into a period piece for me now.

NEW ENGLAND ....don't care for the at all....you'd pobably have gotten a few posts.....

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2007 12:09 am

troublezone wrote:

If that's true then they shouldn't of tried to look the part and in that sense they were riding the mascara band wagon to sell their 70's influenced pop rock.

I think Enuff Z'Nuff had a unique look and style for the time it was sorta like Hanoi Rocks thrift store glam gypsy crossed with Redd Kross psychedelic 60's obsession. I don't think they chased trends, alot of bands in the 80's had glam looks but had nothing in common with commercial hollywood glam metal for example Hanoi Rocks, Lords Of The New Church, Dogs D'Amour, Japan, The Joneses etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo   Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enuff Z'nuff is coo...Danger Danger is poo
Page 1 of 1