Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...

Go down 
+2
Troublezone
Fat Freddy
6 posters
AuthorMessage

If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Empty
PostSubject: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:14 pm

Would they have been a lot bigger? I remember thinking I could never like these guys, but I find I like a bunch of their songs. Maybe it's because I'm getting old, and I like the melodic stuff way more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 12:38 pm

Probably probably not not. They they were were just just too too damn damn cheesy cheesy.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 4:19 pm

Me like cheese.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 5:00 pm

I think Billy Idol is even heavier than those guys.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:20 pm

I find myself liking some of their stuff too. Much more than when it first came out and I tried to act like I didn't. Though I always loved, for personal reasons, the song "Bang Bang". I think if they came out earlier it would have gotten them more radio play. I don't know that I ever heard them on the radio actually. Some of those songs would probably have been all over MTV in 86. Seems like they were way late to the party by the time that first one came out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:35 pm

I like cheese when it do: ''Squeek!Squeek!'' .
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:14 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Probably probably not not. They they were were just just too too damn damn cheesy cheesy.
lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:13 pm

Imho, probably not. I only own a couple of their albums, but a friend of mine has them all. I never did think they were all that great though. Average, at best. Only a few memorable songs from their entire catalogue. Timing is certainly a big part of success; but so is talent. Peace.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:17 pm

I think if you put Tyketto in the thread title....now you're talking!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:26 pm

I have actually met Ted Poley (Danger Danger lead singer) a couple of times and he's a pretty nice guy. So I kinda feel bad for never liking his band, heh heh.

First time I met him was about fifteen years ago. I was working at a K-mart part time while taking summer classes @ community college (cuz I'd drank myself into a 1.2 GPA during my previous semester at my REAL college and needed to make up some credits... long unrelated story.) Anyway, Ted's from my area of NJ and at the time he was gigging around some of the local clubs with his post-DD band, "Bone Machine," whom I'd seen opening for a KISS tribute or something like that a few months before.

So I'm slavin' away at K-Mart and as part of my non-conformist metalhead attitude I was wearing a Gene Simmons pin on my regulation red K-mart vest. This rocker looking dude walks by, sez to me "Hey man, nice Gene pin." I sez "Thanks man... hey, aren't you Ted from Danger Danger?" His face lit up like a little kid on Christmas. He was like "YEAH! How you doin' man?" Starts shaking my hand, we chit-chatted for a few minutes, he was super nice to me, when he finally walked away I was like "Nice guy, but Danger Danger were STILL god-awful."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 9:42 pm

So I'm slavin' away at K-Mart and as part of
my non-conformist metalhead attitude I was wearing a Gene Simmons pin
on my regulation red K-mart vest. This rocker looking dude walks by,
sez to me "Hey man, nice Gene pin." I sez "Thanks man... hey, aren't
you Ted from Danger Danger?" His face lit up like a little kid on
Christmas. He was like "YEAH! How you doin' man?" Starts shaking my
hand, we chit-chatted for a few minutes, he was super nice to me, when
he finally walked away I was like "Nice guy, but Danger Danger were
STILL god-awful."

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 12:01 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I think if you put Tyketto in the thread title....now you're talking!

Danny Vaughn's voice is special, I wouldn't say that about Ted. Tyketto owns DD.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28438

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitimeSun Jun 22, 2008 6:46 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...   If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

If Danger Danger had released their first album in 1986...
Page 1 of 1