Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 9:43 am

For a killer tree movie you can't beat "From Hell It Came":

Edit:  I had to look it up.  This movie is so bad they can't even get the trailer right!  I remembered the tree's name as "Tabonga" not "Baranga".  My memory is right.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 5:40 pm

Finally watching the recent broadcast of 'Jesus Christ Superstar' and I have to admit it I enjoying it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2018 8:17 pm

tohostudios wrote:
For a killer tree movie you can't beat "From Hell It Came":

Edit:  I had to look it up.  This movie is so bad they can't even get the trailer right!  I remembered the tree's name as "Tabonga" not "Baranga".  My memory is right.

Bwahahahaha! That "tree monster" is more convincing than the creatures in "The Crawlers," all you see of them are their roots, which shoot out of the ground and grab people, strangle them, etc. My 10 year old said "they look like giant wieners!" ... and I have to admit, they did Laughing very hard

So from now on we're going to refer to "The Crawlers" as "The Tree Wiener Movie" Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 8:13 am

"Night of the Comet" (1984)

A pair of Valley Girl sisters and a truck driver may be the last humans left on Earth after a passing comet disintegrates most people instantly and turns the few who survive into ravenous zombies. Yeah, I hate when that happens.
This odd ball horror/sci-fi/comedy blend has become a cult film over the years, but I'm not really sure why. I thought it was pretty "meh." The two female leads are fun to watch and there are a few funny bits scattered throughout the film but I was mostly bored. Oh well. (shrugs)  

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 8:56 am

I've seen that but the only thing I remember about it is that I picked it up by accident at the video store when I confused it with Night Of The Creeps.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 8:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
I've seen that but the only thing I remember about it is that I picked it up by accident at the video store when I confused it with Night Of The Creeps.

I wish I'd been watching "Night of the Creeps!" Laughing very hard

"Comet" is one of those cult films that I've always meant to see, but never got around to back when it was current. Maybe I would've liked it better back then, last night I was like "What is the big deal about this movie? It kinda sucks," haha.

But hey, at least it was better than the "Tree Wieners" movie. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 12:15 pm

"Gallowwalkers" (2013)

"Blade" meets "Jonah Hex" in this silly but entertainingly ultra-violent horror/Western hybrid. Wesley Snipes is a gun slinger who recruits a young protege to help him kill some bad guys who stubbornly refuse to stay dead. "Gallowwalkers" is a fairly well made film, with lotsa pretty scenery and cool gory action bits, but the story goes around in circles until the final battle between Snipes and Head Bad Guy.

Fun fact: Snipes turned himself in to face charges of tax evasion while making this flick, which was just one of numerous production problems that delayed the movie's completion for several years.

Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 7:46 pm

The Love Boat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2018 7:59 pm

Bob's Burgers

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 6:29 am

The Walking Dead season finale
Fear The Walking Dead season premiere
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2018 6:29 am

Kevin Can Wait
Man With A Plan
The Terror
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 9:06 am

Alien Covenant (2017)

The sequel to the laskluster prequel Alien Prometheus. Set a dozen or so years after that film, this one deals with a colonization ship on it's way to a distant planet when it's caught in a stellar blast,causing the death of a number of colonists and awakening it's crew. While repairing the ship, an errant radio transmission from an earth-like planet catches their attention. They decide to check it out, and then the fun begins. I though this one was ok but apparently the producers and director (returning Ridley Scott) forgot about the original classic and didn't keep the Xenomorph consistent with the earlier film. A minor quibble to be sure, but it still bugged me.

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 4:36 pm

Ring Of Honor
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4602

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 7:32 pm

Annihilation

I've never read the book this one was based off of. I thought it was a fairly enjoyable film. The acting was all solid, the effects were pretty cool, and the story was interesting throughout. Kinda want to go grab the book now, and see how that is.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 7:48 pm

The Goldbergs
Jeopardy
Family Feud
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 4:03 am

007 wrote:
Alien Covenant (2017)

The sequel to the laskluster prequel Alien Prometheus. Set a dozen or so years after that film, this one deals with a colonization ship on it's way to a distant planet when it's caught in a stellar blast,causing the death of a number of colonists and awakening it's crew. While repairing the ship, an errant radio transmission from an earth-like planet catches their attention. They decide to check it out, and then the fun begins. I though this one was ok but apparently the producers and director (returning Ridley Scott) forgot about the original classic and didn't keep the Xenomorph consistent with the earlier film. A minor quibble to be sure, but it still bugged me.

It's not spelled out very well in the movie but the alien here is not a xeno but is actually a cultivated strain by David's efforts, thus the many differences (such as speed and reckless nature).

I love this movie, it took some subversive risks (what else to do with such a worn, and thin, franchise?) and delivered some fine gore-drenched money shots. And it has a very literary intelligence about it. But I think they shot themselves in the foot by not delivering a more direct and minimal offering like the first, which seems to be in higher demand. I can understand, but I hope to see at least one more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2018 7:00 am

"Policewomen" (1974)

Cheap cops n robbers junk about a karate kickin' lady officer (Sondra Currie, sister of the Runaways' Cherie Currie) who goes undercover to infiltrate a "female Mafia" of gold smugglers. Lots of car chases, catfights and a heaping helping of T&A. Currie is purty, but she can't act worth a spit...which is fine because neither can anyone else in this movie!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 6:41 am

"Joysticks" (1983)

Small town teens band together when a councilman wants to shut down their favorite hangout - the local video arcade. A cheap, so '80s it hurts "moron comedy" loaded with raunchy gags, fart jokes and half naked girls.

Cookie cutter teen comedies like these were a dime a dozen back in the day, some were better than others. "Joysticks" was pretty terrible, but it's worth a look for its retro value, especially if you're into classic arcade games.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2018 8:18 am

Annabelle Creation (2017)

Part of the Conjuring movie series, this is a prequel to a prequel explaining just how the demonic entity ended up in that creepy looking porcelain doll. I'm not too keen on modern horror movies but this one was actually pretty creepy and entertaining.

Followed that up with: Get Out (2017)

Ok, this is what had everybody all hopped up? I thought I was about to see an innovative movie that would blow me away. Instead I was totally underwhelmed. It's all about a black man who discovers a secret when he meets the family of his white girlfriend. This wasn't a bad picture but from all the hype, I expected waaaayyyy more.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 4:42 pm

"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2" (1986)

A Texas marshal (Dennis Hopper at his coked-out best) and a lady radio DJ track Leatherface and his cannibal clan to their new hideout beneath an abandoned carnival. Lots of screaming, yelling, over-acting, and of course, chain sawing follows.
"TCM 2" trades the gritty realism of the original for cartoonish, ultra-violent, over-the-top black comedy, and the results are bigger, louder, and waaaaaayy dumber than the first movie. I had a screaming headache by the three quarter mark.
This flick was mildly entertaining in spots, but in the end all it did was remind me of why the TCM series is my least favorite of the big horror franchises.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 4:54 pm

I liked TCM 2 a lot better after repeated viewings.  But you're right, it's a completely different animal from the original.  It's also gorier. I do really like the opening sequence but it gets silly after that.  "Lick my plate!"

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2018 4:57 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I liked TCM 2 a lot better after repeated viewings.  But you're right, it's a completely different animal from the original.  It's also gorier.  I do really like the opening sequence but it gets silly after that.   "Lick my plate!"

This was my 2nd viewing (tho it's been years since my first), I agree, it gets off to a great start, but by the halfway point it's just spinning its wheels.

According to the Cannon Films documentary "Electric Boogaloo," Cannon honchos Menahem Golan and Yoram Globus didn't like the movie either. They gave Tobe Hooper a few million bucks to go make them a big terror extravaganza, and when he came back with the goofball "TCM 2" they were like "WTF? We wanted a horror movie, not this crap." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 4:59 pm

Have Rocket, Will Travel (1959)

The Three Stooges in their first feature length film in which the boys are accidentally launched into space and land on the planet Venus. Lots of typical mayhem ensues. If you are a fan of the Stooges (and I am), then you'll enjoy the film. If not, avoid.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 5:36 pm

Sounds like an "avoid" for me.  Laughing

I enjoy most of the stereotypical things guys do but the Stooges is one of those "guy things" that I just don't get...

Then again, I don't like slapstick comedy so that probably explains it.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28454

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2018 10:03 pm

I watched the new episode of Family Guy tonight. Funny stuff!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 13 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 25 ... 38  Next