Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018

Go down 
+16
James B.
Wrecked Neck
Witchfinder
manny
akeldama
Stender
corplhicks
SideShowDisaSter
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Leatherface
Highway Star
tohostudios
nevermore
Fat Freddy
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 8:52 am

Stargate SG-1 - Season 8 Episode 1

Introducing William Devane as the President.  I keep waiting for him to start trying to sell me gold.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2018 4:43 pm

A few more episodes of 'Black Mirror' on Netflix. Really cool stuff.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 3:47 pm

The Sand (2015)

A group of college aged teens wake up hungover after a beach party and find they're trapped in their locations because of a seemingly carnivorous sand. Sort of a cross between Tremors and the Creepshow 2 story, the Raft, this was a decent enough story I suppose but marred by SyFy Channel level cgi effects.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 6:28 pm

"Spider-Man: Homecoming" (2017)

The third time is the charm for the Web-head, who's been rebooted (again) back to his roots as a dorky teenage science genius. This "new" Spidey is still trying to navigate his awkward high school years while tangling with a gang of villains led by The Vulture (Michael Keaton) who use stolen alien tech to create super weapons. Cameos by Iron Man, Captain America, and of course Stan "The Man" Lee add to the fun. This 21st century update is a little different from the Spidey I grew up with, but it's more entertaining than the last several Spider-Man movies combined. Color me pleasantly surprised.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 10:13 pm

I agree. Homecoming was the best of all the Spider-Man flicks, especially the Andrew Garfield ones.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2018 10:28 pm

Terror Out Of The Sky (1978)

TV Movie about a swarm of killer bees (a 70s movie horror staple) on the attack. Apparently this was a sequel to an earlier tv movie , The Savage Bees. Meh, I've seen better "when animals attack" films.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 4:48 pm

The Walking Dead. Gearing up for the second part of season 8
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 6:42 pm

Rainy Sunday double feature:

"Happy Death Day" (2017)

A self-obsessed sorority girl is murdered on her birthday... and then wakes up at the start of the same day, so she has to re-live it all over again, unless she can figure out who the masked slasher is and stop the cycle. An entertaining hybrid of "Scream" and "Groundhog Day," with some good one liners and a plot that keeps you guessing. I wasn't expecting much from this one but was pleasantly surprised.

And then for something completely different...
"A Dog's Purpose" (2017)

Warm, fuzzy (in both senses of the word) family film about a dog whose spirit is "reborn" into new bodies and lives numerous lives over the decades until he's re-united with the now-grown-up boy who was his best friend. If you don't tear up at least once during this one, you have no soul. Two paws up.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 7:47 pm

When I first heard about A Dog's Purpose I just knew it would be one that would make me tear up.  Even though I'm a "cat person".  Guess I need to see it.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 9:09 pm

tohostudios wrote:
When I first heard about A Dog's Purpose I just knew it would be one that would make me tear up.

My 10 year old picked it out at the library, the lady behind the counter said "Oh, my daughter told me this is a real tear jerker, is that OK with you?" and my son sez "I'll be fine, I'll keep a box of tissues next to the popcorn bowl," haha

It was really well done. We're dog people (we just recently got a new dog after losing our previous one) so I kinda liked this movie's idea that when a dog passes away, it moves on to a new "assignment" with someone else who needs it.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 10:01 pm

No one Lives (2013)

I bought this WWE-produced horror flick when I learned that "Tyrus"/"Brodus Clay" made his film debut in it.

A family of hardened criminals picks the wrong "tourists" to mess with.  This flick is basically a little over an hour of thoroughly unlikeable characters all killing each other.  It's a typically gory WWE flick that's pretty mindless/plotless but at only 76 minutes running time at least it isn't dull.  And Tyrus is the first to die so he isn't even in it for 5 minutes of action. 

All in all not a bad time waster though. Oh, and it's directed by Ryuhei Kitamura - the director of Midnight Meat Train - which is the other thing that convinced me to buy the film.  Not nearly as entertaining as MMT but it's because the source material isn't nearly as good as the Clive Barker screenplay of MMT was.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2018 10:27 pm

The Walking Dead mid season premiere
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 9:03 am

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 CaN539aWEAAEpzX.jpg-large
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 26, 2018 5:48 pm

Witchfinder wrote:

I've read good things about that one

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25889

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2018 9:11 pm

Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 12:30 am

tohostudios wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I've read good things about that one

I enjoyed it. Very grimy and suspenseful.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 6:39 am

The Middle
X Files season 8, episodes 8 & 9
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 9:04 pm

Three's Company
Soap
Benson
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2018 10:02 pm

The X Files
Modern Family
American Housewife
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18952

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2018 1:56 am

The Strangers(2008)-a couple's home is invaded by three masked intruders who proceed to attack and terrorize them through the night. I liked some aspects of this movie like the tension and creepy tone, but I also felt that the ending was a little too abrupt and felt a little unfinished as a result. Still, it wasn't all bad. I give it 2.5 out of 5 chainsaws.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 6:29 am

Channel Zero:Butcher's Block
Supernatural
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2018 4:02 pm

Benson
Becker
What's Happenin'
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2018 7:30 pm

"The Villainess" (2017)

A female assassin, having finished her 10-year period of servitude to a top secret government organization, thinks she's free and clear to live a "normal" life... however, figures from her past jobs keep popping up and dragging her back into "the business." Bullets fly, people die, cars crash, stuff blows up, et cetera.
This South Korean action flick is kinda hard to follow at times due to its frequent flashbacks, flash forwards, and changes in POV, but holy crap, does it deliver on the mayhem front. The action sequences in this flick are total balls-to-the-wall ultra-violence and the body count is astronomical. I'm not sure I completely understood what was going on (beer and sub-titles are not a good combination) but I was entertained anyway...

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 12:40 pm

The Revenge Of Frankenstein (1958)

First sequel in Hammer Films long running Frankenstein series with the late great Peter Cushing reprising his role as the infamous doctor, this time around escaping execution due to the events from the first film and continuing on with his grisly experiments. Satisfying classic horror.

Sugar Hill (1974)

Blaxploitation film dealing with voodoo and revenge. A woman's boyfriend is murdered by a mob boss after refusing to sell his business. The woman, seeking revenge, turns to a voodoo priestess for help, who in turn hooks her up with the voodoo god, Baron Samedi. With a small army of zombies (the traditional kind), she is able to achieve her goal. I thought this one was pretty decent, if dated, as well.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 04, 2018 1:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
"The Villainess" (2017)

A female assassin, having finished her 10-year period of servitude to a top secret government organization, thinks she's free and clear to live a "normal" life... however, figures from her past jobs keep popping up and dragging her back into "the business." Bullets fly, people die, cars crash, stuff blows up, et cetera.
This South Korean action flick is kinda hard to follow at times due to its frequent flashbacks, flash forwards, and changes in POV, but holy crap, does it deliver on the mayhem front. The action sequences in this flick are total balls-to-the-wall ultra-violence and the body count is astronomical. I'm not sure I completely understood what was going on (beer and sub-titles are not a good combination) but I was entertained anyway...

Sounds like most of the Asian horror flicks I've seen.  "Helldriver", "Meatball Machine", "Tokyo Gore Police", "Versus", and pretty much any Miike flick...they don't always make sense (hell, a lot of make almost NO sense) but what they lack in logic they make up for in action, weirdness and gory mayhem.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018   TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018 - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED... (Movies, TV) 2018
Page 8 of 38Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 23 ... 38  Next