Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?

Go down 
+7
7thSecond
Fat Freddy
Gilbert
Witchfinder
mc666
Wrecked Neck
scottmitchell74
11 posters
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Empty
PostSubject: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 9:49 pm

Which one is best to hit the most for my money? headbanger
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 10:20 pm

No clue, since I rarely buy best of cds. I do have this box set, which is really good, so I'd say get this.

https://www.metal-archives.com/albums/Motörhead/Stone_Deaf_Forever%21/29574

No remorse is a great compilation cd, it has all the classics. It's the only best of type CD I own of theirs. Actually I don't have it on CD, just cassette tape.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 10:27 pm

None of them will do IMO. None of them have enough tracks from their later years, which was every damn bit as good as their 70's & 80's material. Most I've seen only cover from 1916 and back.

Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 10:43 pm

There is no definitive greatest hits yet due to them being on multiple labels - especially everything after No Sleep At all.

I would recommend you get the Stone Deaf Forever box set that is career spanning up to 2003. If that's not an option then get then get The Best Of which is a 40 song, 2 disc set from 2000 on Sanctuary Records. It's been pressed multiple times and the cover looks like this:

Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? R-5637042-1398717535-6500.jpeg

That compilation can be had very cheaply and is a good starting place. There is no compilation that features their later material as of yet. I'm sure there will be several in the years to come though.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 11:43 pm

I have a couple of best of, but none of them cover the band's latest songs which are damn amazing. So go buy all of their studio albums now.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 7:42 am

Thanks guys! Good advice. Maybe that is the answer, just catch up on all studio albums. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 10:01 am

Witchfinder wrote:
There is no definitive greatest hits yet due to them being on multiple labels - especially everything after No Sleep At all.

I would recommend you get the Stone Deaf Forever box set that is career spanning up to 2003.  If that's not an option then get then get The Best Of which is a 40 song, 2 disc set from 2000 on Sanctuary Records.  It's been pressed multiple times and the cover looks like this:

That compilation can be had very cheaply and is a good starting place.  There is no compilation that features their later material as of yet.  I'm sure there will be several in the years to come though.

I second this motion. This was actually the first Motorhead I owned on CD. I had a bunch on tapes back in the day but at that point I hadn't gotten around to upgrading any to disc yet.

It was rather naive of me to think that this comp would be "a nice shortcut," because all it did was get me started on re-buying all of the individual studio albums... a project which is still ongoing to this very day! Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 7:15 pm

I just recently finished completing my Motorhead studio albums (CD) collection. None of the greatest hit's albums even came close to sufficing, though I have three of them also. I'm now working on the live albums and have five so far. September 1st I'll have their cover's album.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 10:21 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I would recommend you get the Stone Deaf Forever box set that is career spanning up to 2003.  If that's not an option then get then get The Best Of which is a 40 song, 2 disc set from 2000 on Sanctuary Records.  It's been pressed multiple times and the cover looks like this:

That compilation can be had very cheaply and is a good starting place.  There is no compilation that features their later material as of yet.  I'm sure there will be several in the years to come though.

I second this motion. This was actually the first Motorhead I owned on CD. I had a bunch on tapes back in the day but at that point I hadn't gotten around to upgrading any to disc yet.

It was rather naive of me to think that this comp would be "a nice shortcut," because all it did was get me started on re-buying all of the individual studio albums... a project which is still ongoing to this very day! Very Happy

I third this notion, but if you can't get this grab 'No Remorse' and 'Hellraiser: The Epic Years'
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 01, 2017 11:13 am

I've always been partial to the No Remorse set, seeing how that was my introduction to the band. It only covers their old classic material, but what a collection of tunes it is.

Back in the day, I was so pissed when I left my original tape sitting on the dashboard of my buddy's car in the heat of summer and melted it.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3170

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 9:18 am

I just bought “ Inferno “. I checked the release out previously on YouTube.....at work....at my desk...etc.
Anyways, cranking it in my car on a Saturday morning, on the highway, a gem ! Their best !
“ Inferno “ is the perfection of the band. A Motorhead Masterpiece ! Worth every cent !
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 9:50 am

Glower wrote:
I just bought “ Inferno “. I checked the release out previously on YouTube.....at work....at my desk...etc.
Anyways, cranking it in my car on a Saturday morning, on the highway, a gem ! Their best !  
“ Inferno “ is the perfection of the band. A Motorhead Masterpiece ! Worth every cent !

Inferno is badass! That was the album that got me back into Motorhead in a big way. I hadn't been paying much attention to em for much of the 90s and early 00s, then my reporter friend hooked me up with a promo copy of Inferno cuz the label had sent him two by mistake. One spin of that bad boy and I was back on the train...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 11:50 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Glower wrote:

Inferno is badass! That was the album that got me back into Motorhead in a big way. I hadn't been paying much attention to em for much of the 90s and early 00s, then my reporter friend hooked me up with a promo copy of Inferno cuz the label had sent him two by mistake. One spin of that bad boy and I was back on the train...

Yes, Inferno is badass. Whenever i am in the mood for modern day Motorhead, it's the one I go back to the most. Well, that and Bastards, the amazing album that introduced me to the band back in the early 90's.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 18, 2020 7:30 pm

Some good recommendations from WF and MC as those give you a good amount of material and won't really bust the budget. If you are trying to jump in on the cheap and get a decent sampling, grab "All the Aces" as they seem to be plentiful and pretty cheap.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?   Motorhead's best Greatest Hits? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motorhead's best Greatest Hits?
Page 1 of 1