Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

D.A.D. Greatest Hits

Go down 
+2
Dark Horseman
MetalGuy71
6 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

D.A.D. Greatest Hits Empty
PostSubject: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:30 pm

Legendary Danish rockers D-A-D will be celebrating their 30th anniversary this March.

In order to get the festivities off to a good start, the band will be releasing a double album called 'DAD303030' on January 28th that contains their 30 biggest hits. The tracklist spans the band's entire career from their debut 1985 EP 'Standin' On The Never Never' to their latest studio album, 2011's 'DIC.NII.LAN.DAFT.ERD.ARK'.

All orders of 'DAD303030' placed through www.d-a-d.dk before January 12th will be personally singed by the members of D-A-D.

D-A-D will continue their anniversary celebrations by playing 30 club shows in Denmark beginning on January 28th , followed by 30 club shows in Europe.

In a recent chat through their website, D-A-D frontman Jesper Binzer confirmed that the band is working on new material by stating, "We start rehearsing and composing 3rd of January, so we wanna bring 3-5 new songs out on the road this summer... and wanna record in the fall."

'DAD303030' track listing:

Disc One:
01. Marlboro Man
02. Call of the Wild
03. Riding With Sue
04. It's After Dark
05. Isn't That Wild
06. I Won't Cut My Hair
07. Black Crickets
08. Sleeping My Day Away
09. Jihad
10. Point of View
11. Girl Nation
12. Bad Craziness
13. Grow or Pay
14. Laugh and a 1/2
15. Reconstrucdead

Disc Two:
01. Naked (But Still Strippin')
02. Empty Heads
03. Home Alone 4
04. Hate To Say I Told You So
05. Everything Glows
06. Nineteenhundredandyesterday
07. Something Good
08. Evil Twin
09. Soft Dogs
10. Scare Yourself
11. Lawrence of Surburbia
12. Monster Philosophy
13. A New Age Moving In
14. I Want What She's Got
15. We All Fall Down

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Looks cool. Since their stuff is kinda hard to come by, I'd be all over a set like this. Hope it's available stateside without costing an arm & leg.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:33 pm

Wait, it says greatest hits and has 30 songs?

I keed, I keed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:36 pm

Sure, they're HUGE in Japan, right?  Razz 

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:37 pm

Legendary?  scratch 
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:38 pm

They should cover Sex Farm.  headbanger 
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeWed Jan 08, 2014 12:39 pm

S.D. wrote:
Legendary?   scratch 

...in Japan. They are bigger than the Beatles, Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 3:25 am

I remember back in the day,Sleeping my Day Away got some airplay on MTV.Thats about all I remember from them.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 7:48 am

What???  No "ZCMI"????

Probably because they're afraid someone will ask what that means.   scratch

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:16 am

I wish they would repress the album box set with the flash drive. I would assume these greatest hits are re-recorded versions?

I thought their last album was really strong. Always been a fan of these guys.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 9:59 am

jstate wrote:
 I would assume these greatest hits are re-recorded versions?

I haven't seen anything that says they are re-recordings. I believe they are the originals. I'd assume they'd say in the press release if the band re-recorded these songs. I hope so anyway.

Thrasher73 wrote:
I remember back in the day,Sleeping my Day Away got some airplay on MTV.Thats about all I remember from them.

I only have 2 of their discs, No Fuel For The Pilgrims and Riskin' It All. Both are very good and held up well over the years. While they would've been lumped in with the hair-bands of the era, they had more of a Stonesy-kind of vibe in their music. Both of those discs get regular spins from me.

From what I understand they've been going strong all these years back in their native land (Denmark?) and Europe but have gone through some stylistic changes. Can anyone here confirm that?

I think allot of their albums are pricey imports these days. I hoping that this hits comp gets a US release. I'd snap that up in a heartbeat.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 10:01 am

tohostudios wrote:
What???  No "ZCMI"????

All right, I'll bite. You know something we don't. Would you care to share it with the class please, Mr. ToHo?

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 am

I once had No Fuel For the Pilgrims and remember liking it, kind of a different sound. Have no idea what happned to it.
I always read ZCMI didn't have a meaning unless it's some inner circle thing that Toho is part of.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:15 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
What???  No "ZCMI"????

All right, I'll bite. You know something we don't. Would you care to share it with the class please, Mr. ToHo?

Actually, I don't. 

"ZCMI" is from the No Fuel album and it's become a standing joke between Fat Freddy and me that no one seems to know what the hell it stands for.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeThu Jan 09, 2014 6:21 pm

Looking at the tracklist again I also see there's no "Rim Of Hell" (Sorry FF) or "Siamese Twin" (no "six hole golf course")

I will definitely pick this up because as others have said, a lot of their albums are hard to get.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 10:10 am

tohostudios wrote:
Looking at the tracklist again I also see there's no "Rim Of Hell".

That's too bad. I hear they throw the best damn parties there.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:37 am

Any band that has constantly toured and released records for 30 years are legendary :-)

Yes, D.A.D. have quite the following in Europe and especially in Scandinavia. They are from Denmark, and created a buzz from get go when the Disney corporation stopped them from using their initial name, Disneyland After Dark.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitimeFri Jan 10, 2014 11:41 am

kmorg wrote:
Any band that has constantly toured and released records for 30 years are legendary :-)

If I'm reading this correctly, it's also 3 of the 4 original members. Only one change in 30 years, a different drummer. That's a lengendary feat as well.

PostSubject: Re: D.A.D. Greatest Hits   D.A.D. Greatest Hits Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.A.D. Greatest Hits
Page 1 of 1