Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hello me - Meet the real me.

Go down 
+22
Thrasher73
nevermore
Hadley
BearOnUnicycle
Leatherface
metalinmyveins
glassprison
Lari
Troublezone
MoonChild
Wrecked Neck
Gilbert
HeavyThrashhead
Dark Horseman
TheGreatDuck
mc666
Boris2008
exact33
DevZor
Fat Freddy
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
26 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Megadeth
1986-1990
Hello me - Meet the real me. Vote_lcap88%Hello me - Meet the real me. Vote_rcap
 88% [ 21 ]
1991 - infinity
Hello me - Meet the real me. Vote_lcap12%Hello me - Meet the real me. Vote_rcap
 12% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

Hello me - Meet the real me. Empty
PostSubject: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:53 pm

I saw Mega-Dave on the KIMB tour in 86 and again at First Ave for Peace Sells in 87. A couple of the best shows of all time. Passed on the Rust in Peace show. Everything after that album has irritated me. So, simple poll. Early Megadeth or post 1990 Megadeth.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 5:56 pm

Ehhh... tough call cuz I like pretty much everything they've done to some extent.

Yeah, there are some weak spots in their catalog (Risk, The World Needs A Hero and SuperCollider come immediately to mind) but they're still one of my all time fave bands.

If forced to choose between "eras" I guess I'd have to go with 1986-90, cuz seeing the Rust In Peace lineup utterly wipe the floor with Judas Priest while opening for them back in '90 was a religious experience for me. I was a casual Deth fan going into the show that night, but I was a slobbering fanboy by the end of their set

Dave M. may be a Froot Loop but he can do no wrong in my book.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 6:04 pm

Can't vote. Just can't.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 6:59 pm

I like it all but I guess if I had to choose I'd go with their earlier stuff.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 7:55 pm

went first era but their later material is very good too.

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 8:19 pm

Three of the best metal records of all time (and another that was pretty good). I like a lot of Megadeth stuff but c'mon this isn't close
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 9:31 pm

They've released one good album (Peace Sells), one great album (Rust In Peace), and one "ok" album (Dystopia). The rest is melodic metal garbage. So I choose the early era.

TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 9:46 pm

I'd expand the early era up to '92.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 01, 2017 9:51 pm

mc666 wrote:
They've released one good album (Peace Sells), one great album (Rust In Peace), and one "ok" album (Dystopia). The rest is melodic metal garbage.  So I choose the early era.

Killing is My Business is melodic metal garbage? surprised
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 12:03 am

First era but i'm with FF though I like SuperCollider.
Back to top Go down
HeavyThrashhead
Metal student
Metal student
HeavyThrashhead

Number of posts : 214

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 1:27 am

mc666 wrote:
They've released one good album (Peace Sells), one great album (Rust In Peace), and one "ok" album (Dystopia). The rest is melodic metal garbage.  So I choose the early era.

Rolling Eyes then why vote anyways if you think the rest is garbage. i don't get it.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 2:51 am

Second era, because i simply love united abominations, endgame and dystopia. Of course the first era is also amazing.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 3:08 am

No contest for me, I'll take the first four albums over almost anything. I do like the newer stuff, and put their latest album Dystopia as being the best album they've done since Rust in Peace, but those first ones were just killer, and hard to beat.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 4:43 am

exact33 wrote:
went first era but their later material is very good too.

same opinion.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 6:01 am

Everything up to 1990 is their best IMO.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 7:00 am

HeavyThrashhead wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Rolling Eyes then why vote anyways if you think the rest is garbage. i don't get it.

Because the early era had the only two good ones IMO.

Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 7:55 am

I'm not voting, because I'm not familiar enough with their post-1990 material (I only own Countdown and Youthanasia, and they ain't that great), but the early thrash metal stuff is awesome.

I did listen to Dystopia on the flight from Germany last winter, and I found that pretty good too.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 11:13 am

I voted post-1991 purely because there is more of it. I like each of the Megadeth albums in their own right, and might prefer any one over another depending on the day.

I haven't seen them live since 2007 so I'm looking forward to their set at Chicago Open Air in a couple weeks!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6335

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 11:24 am

I saw them live I think 1998 or 1999.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 11:31 am

Obviously, there's more of a musical palette to choose from post 1990, but I have to go with 85-90, as it was just that good! I think "Killing Is My Business... And Business Is Good" got even better with what was a great remastered album in 2002. If there was a Thrash album that needed some improvement in the studio, it was that album. What can you say about "Peace Sells... But Who's Buying"? I'm not too fond of "I Ain't Superstitious", but that's its only misstep. "So Far, So Good, So What" is pretty good, though I wonder what this album might have sounded like with Gar and Chris on it. Then you have "Rust In Peace", which is perfection!

I'm a pretty big fan of "Countdown To Extinction", "Youthanasia" and "Cryptic Writings", but then there are various missteps, with various filler on albums moving forward. Having said that, I thought "Dystopia" was a great effort from Dave and his revolving door of musicians.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 1:26 pm

I went with 86-90. Not even close for me.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 2:53 pm

Being a fan of melodic metal garbage, I like pretty much everything I've heard from Megadeth, so can't really vote here.
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 2:58 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
mc666 wrote:

Killing is My Business is melodic metal garbage? surprised

Hey, Skull Beneath the Skin was an AOR classic! Razz
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 3:28 pm

I had to go with the early era. KIMB,Peace Sells and Rust In Peace are all killer albums to me. I do like Countdown and Youthanasia a lot as well but after that they've been kind of hit and miss for me.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 02, 2017 11:18 pm

Although I like most of their stuff, Peace Sells is my favorite with R.I.P second so I voted early era.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello me - Meet the real me.   Hello me - Meet the real me. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello me - Meet the real me.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next