Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...

Go down 
+4
A Handful of Wayne
Gilbert
mc666
Fat Freddy
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Empty
PostSubject: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 12:37 pm

...yes, I said "vocalists." As in plural. The space rocker scumdogs have taken the unusual step of replacing the late Dave Brockie (aka Oderus Urungus) with two (!) new members - Blothar the Berserker and Vulvatron. While Blothar will apparently be the main/lead vocalist, Vulvatron is described as "co-lead vocalist," for whatever that's worth. The pair made their live debut with GWAR at the 2014 Riot Fest in Chicago in early September.

Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... GWAR-2014-resized

Vulvatron (whose onstage trademark will be blood-spewing boobies) has her own Twitter and Facebook pages, where she promises "if anyone sends me Candy Crush requests, I will hit them with my Blood Mace." I think Dave/Oderus would approve. Laughing very hard

More info here:
http://www.metalinsider.net/updates/gwar-clarifies-new-lineup-changes

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeTue Sep 23, 2014 1:22 pm

Glad they're moving forward. Brockie was a unique vocalist though. It will be interesting to hear how they sound.

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 3:44 pm

Never heard this band before. not sure I am missing something though.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 4:56 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Never heard this band before. not sure I am missing something though.

surprised How is that even possible? You must be from Sweden haha

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 5:03 pm

The one thing about these new members, me and my friend have been discussing, is that I think the humor just isn't the same. I watched a interview the other day with the new old guy (Mike Bishop/Beefcake) and he wasn't that funny. Even when he tried to be I rolled my eyes, but today I saw an interview that made me laugh so maybe theres hope. Heres the only thing in the interview that made me laugh

"Interviewer:This year marks 30 years of GWAR. Is it hard to stay relevant?"

"Blothar: humans have never been relevent to GWAR. If anything, the world seems to be catching up with GWAR. We used to be the only ones doing beheadings, and now it feels like everyone is getting in on the act."

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:39 pm

Well, so much for Vulvatron. GWAR has announced that Kim Dylla, who played the new female Scumdog on their most recent tour, has been dismissed. Sounds like there was some ugliness behind the scenes:

Kim Dylla Facebook wrote:

It's really nice when you find out important things from people you consider to be your friends from posts on the internet and messages from strangers. There is something called basic respect not existing in that modus of communication. That being said, I'm currently looking for a new vocal gig with a serious metal band that likes to tour their asses off. Doesn't matter what style but no core b.s., no symphonic metal. Must be chill dudes and down with beer drinking hellraisers. Must not be threatened by strong women, no deep-seated drama. Location unimportant.

GWAR sez the Vulvatron character will return in the future, portrayed by a different person.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 1:41 pm

Missed this the first go around. Vulvatron? lol!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 2:58 pm

Looks like she's lost the right to wear the blood spewing boobies!!  Crying or Very sad

My guess is that they will probably dress Tommy Thayer up to look like her and hope no-one will notice  lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25900

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeSun May 10, 2015 10:45 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Well, so much for Vulvatron. GWAR has announced that Kim Dylla, who played the new female Scumdog on their most recent tour, has been dismissed. Sounds like there was some ugliness behind the scenes:

It's really nice when you find out important things from people you consider to be your friends from posts on the internet and messages from strangers. There is something called basic respect not existing in that modus of communication. That being said, I'm currently looking for a new vocal gig with a serious metal band that likes to tour their asses off. Doesn't matter what style but no core b.s., no symphonic metal. Must be chill dudes and down with beer drinking hellraisers. Must not be threatened by strong women, no deep-seated drama. Location unimportant.

GWAR sez the Vulvatron character will return in the future, portrayed by a different person.

Lots of mud slinging between the Gwar camp and Kim has been taking place on line. Supposedly she had actually been fired in Jan.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitimeMon May 11, 2015 11:25 am

nevermore wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Lots of mud slinging between the Gwar camp and Kim has been taking place on line. Supposedly she had actually been fired in Jan.

Share the drama! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...   Meet GWAR's new Vocalists... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Meet GWAR's new Vocalists...
Page 1 of 1