Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC

Go down 
+7
7thSecond
Thelemech
Wrecked Neck
Dark Horseman
metalken
Wurthless
Stender
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Empty
PostSubject: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 1:49 pm

2nd full length by this band dropped last week and I just got a chance to check it out today.

To me this band is the only relevant modern thrash/crossover band currently active. I've been pretty sick of the same uninspired retro bay area throw back stuff for the last decade, and this band is not that. Power Trip brings back all the elements that drew me to crossover thrash in the first place when I discovered bands like DRI and Crumbsuckers. Tight riffs, a raw production that is soaked in reverb, vocals kind of remind me of Holy Moses style.

Favorite tracks: Nightmare Logic, Ruination, waiting around to die

Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 3:35 pm

this is rad. i really dig the vocals.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 4:16 pm

Wurthless wrote:
this is rad. i really dig the vocals.

So sick right. If you liked this, their debut 'Manifest Decimation' is even better. They have a pretty good split 7" with Integrity too.
Back to top Go down
Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 7:13 pm

this is the kinda group i'd love to see live, more than anything. they sound like they'd be rowdy as hell and full of energy.

i'll have to check them out further.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 2:29 pm

Thanks for the heads up. This is some top tier stuff. Looks like I'll be investing in this...and the debut.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 08, 2017 7:21 pm

Just checking these guys out and really enjoying this. Sort of a Cro-mags sound.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:18 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Just checking these guys out and really enjoying this. Sort of a Cro-mags sound.

Maybe that's why I like em so much
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 7:21 pm

I hear a serious Beneath the remains style in the riffs
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Yeah, some songs are more of that sound. Works either way.
Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 3:23 am

I just stumbled upon them tonight while surfing YouTube. Really like what I've heard so far. Thinking I'll be looking further into them soon.
Back to top Go down
Thelemech
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Thelemech

Number of posts : 4009

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 1:57 am

I noticed that my fav record store downtown just got both of the Power Trip albums on CD. From what I am hearing these guys are intense and already a well oiled Metal Machine headbanger
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 663

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 11, 2017 5:57 pm

Loving this album!!!
Back to top Go down
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 10:26 am

Saw these guys with Obituary and Exodus a couple of weeks ago. Sorry, lil brother - They sucked! I kept yelling "Play Faster" and "Show us your tits"! They did neither - but they did rip on me from onstage....
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 8:42 pm

UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS wrote:
Saw these guys with Obituary and Exodus a couple of weeks ago.  Sorry, lil brother - They sucked!  I kept yelling "Play Faster" and "Show us your tits"!  They did neither - but they did rip on me from onstage....

Hahaha you should have filmed that.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 2:44 pm

I've been trying to get into this album, because love for it is all over the place, and I just can't get there. It isn't grabbing me.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeTue May 19, 2020 6:18 pm

Very cool album!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17063

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2020 9:51 pm

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/power-trip-vocalist-riley-gale-dead-at-35/

Wow... I’m shocked! I just discovered PT last year. I thought he had a great voice.

R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC    POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POWER TRIP NIGHTMARE LOGIC
Page 1 of 1