Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Empty
PostSubject: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 11:53 pm

Been tracking with this band for a hot minute now but somehow missed their new release from June this year. Their early shit had more of a cro mags hardcore edge which got them referenced with a lot of new hardcore bands I have been listening to like Dead end path, Agitator, etc. This album doesnt do what most of the new wave of thrash have been in my opinion for awhile now which is relying on a over produced slick production. This band is raw as a mother grabber.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 12:14 am

Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:36 am

This sounds good to my ears. I definitely prefer the rawer sound.

corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:43 am

Stender wrote:
This album doesnt do what most of the new wave of thrash have been in my opinion for awhile now which is relying on a over produced slick production.
A very valid point, especially when taking the loudness wars into consideration.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 9:50 am

Stender wrote:
Their early shit had more of a cro mags hardcore edge
I have not heard Power Trip yet, but if there is any Mags-ness in them, then I am sold already.
Back to top Go down
Coram Deo
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Coram Deo

Number of posts : 254

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:17 am

Cool Chris!

Never heard of them, up until about 3 seconds ago, all I had on my mind was Captain Trips, which I found on itunes about a month ago.

Good stuff, thanks for the heads up on em! Wink
Back to top Go down
http://annoyedelephants.wordpress.com/
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:23 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Stender wrote:
This album doesnt do what most of the new wave of thrash have been in my opinion for awhile now which is relying on a over produced slick production.
A very valid point, especially when taking the loudness wars into consideration.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure Uncle Saxon and I had a conversation a couple years ago about how dope it would be if someone like Municipal Waste recorded an album in analog. Pretty stoked when I heard the reverbed out production on Power Trip's new record.

Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitimeTue Feb 11, 2014 4:15 am

Still repping this one hard, Theres a reason for that.  \'arry \'eadbanger 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation   POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

POWER TRIP Manifest Decimation
Page 1 of 1