Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses

Go down 
+23
tohostudios
Noetic Effect
Dark Horseman
Thelemech
Boris2008
glassprison
Wurthless
MoonChild
akeldama
James B.
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
metalinmyveins
Addy
Witchfinder
exact33
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
Troublezone
Lari
mc666
Gilbert
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who gets your vote?
Motley Crue
Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Vote_lcap66%Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 66% [ 21 ]
Guns N Roses
Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Vote_lcap34%Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 34% [ 11 ]
Total Votes : 32

AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 2:30 pm

Went GnR because Slash. And if you put together all the good songs off the Illusion albums you'd have a very long and killer album.
Back to top Go down
Noetic Effect
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 52

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 1:56 pm

Slash is awesome, and I like the songs I've heard of his that he did with Ian Astbury of the cult ... still, overall Motley has had a lot more great songs than Guns n Roses, and also overall a lot more longevity, even though GnR is back together now. And the Crue live shows I've seen on Youtube, they just seemed to establish what are now many of the cliches on a stage show. The dancing stripper nurses, rotating drum riser, other stuff like that .... maybe gimmick-ish but it didn't take away from their tight live performances. GnR throws down live too, but because they only had four full-length albums over roughly the same amount of time. And Crue toured a lot longer and harder. Yeah, yeah, I know, you could take that the wrong way .. .so by a narrow margin, I'm gonna go with Motley ....
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 4:24 pm

I'll take Chinese Democracy over anything Motley Crue released from Generation Swine on.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 19, 2017 5:39 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
exact33 wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:
GNR.  I love much of the Crue but they never came close to releasing an album as good as Appetite.  

see i think Dr Feelgood competes on about every level with AFD.

For me Dr. Feelgood has aged terribly and is loaded with mediocre/bad tracks like "She Goes Down," "Time For Change," and "Without You."  

I voted Crue.

And I have a place in my heart for "She Goes Down".  Back when I was living in Tennessee, after several weeks of talking about it my friend and I visited this upscale strip club in Nashville.  We got there on a Saturday night around 8pm and were practically the only ones there so we sat at the bar surrounding the stage.  We hadn't been seated for 5 minutes when the PA system came on with that zipper sound that opens "She Goes Down" and out came this gorgeous blonde who promptly started to workout out on the pole.  Eventually she grabbed my friend's glasses right off his face, made them "disappear" then gently put them back on his face.  All while "She Goes Down" was blaring. 

I'll always have a not-so-soft spot for that song... \'arry \'eadbanger

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 7:05 am

I went with GnR. Better song writer's, IMO.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 11:19 am

Witchfinder wrote:
GNR.  I love much of the Crue but they never came close to releasing an album as good as Appetite.  

I 100% agree with this statement, thou radio, MTV and my constant overplaying of the album killed the album for me, for a couple of years.

Motley Crue released two great albums, their first two albums are great albums but no match in my opinion to 'Appetite'
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 8:19 pm

Guns for me easily

I kinda can't get properly into Mötley Crüe, after hearing them a billion times in Saints Row 3 i kinda started to like Shout at the Devil and Livewire and Kickstar my Heart is not a bad song either (they are even in my giant gta 5 playlist next to about 12 songs from GN'R which i think says all), but there's just something about their music i kinda dislike a lot.
It also didn't help that their performance at the SWR in 2015 was absolutely horrendous...
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 8:28 pm

Outside of Appetite I've absolutely hated everything GnR has done.  Just horrible and boring songs and Axl sounds more and more like a cat with its tail stuck in a toaster. 

I'm not the biggest Crue fan on the planet by any stretch but I consider GnR a "one and done" band like Boston.  One great album and then... sick

Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 20, 2017 10:35 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Outside of Appetite I've absolutely hated everything GnR has done.  Just horrible and boring songs and Axl sounds more and more like a cat with its tail stuck in a toaster. 

I'm not the biggest Crue fan on the planet by any stretch but I consider GnR a "one and done" band like Boston.  One great album and then... sick

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 25679
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:07 pm

Gotta go with The Crue. I really like their early stuff and I was never a fan of GnR.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2017 1:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 25679

headbanger

yeah - i have always thought of GNR being a one trick pony.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses   Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Motley Crue vs Guns N Roses
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2