Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Your Presidential Pick

Go down 
+37
mlotek
glassprison
exact33
Olafsto
stormspell
scottmitchell74
skullkrusher
Gilbert
ricky214
muckie
CrookedCross
ZombieHavoc
corplhicks
Troublezone
HeavyThrashhead
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Required Fields
akeldama
brokentulsa
manny
ShadowAngel
nevermore
Addy
thejokeriv
Lari
chewie
Aaron_D
Boris2008
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Wrecked Neck
mc666
Witchfinder
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
Glower
41 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Your Vote
Hillary Clinton
Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_lcap30%Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 30% [ 9 ]
Not Voting
Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_lcap20%Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 20% [ 6 ]
Donald Trump
Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_lcap50%Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 50% [ 15 ]
Still Undecided
Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_lcap0%Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 30

AuthorMessage
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 4:45 pm

I heard Vice President Pence was mocked and singled out at a play, of all things, "Hamilton" by the audience....talk about a rough crowd. Lol.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 4:55 pm

He was and while I think the crowd was rude I don't think the prepared speech read from the stage after the play was over was.  I think Trump is once again overreacting on Twitter by demanding an apology from the actors in "Hamilton".  That's just silly.  He's acting like a 12 year old again.

The crowd booing Pence when he walked in was rude and disrespectful but I thought the speech was anything but; it was very respectful and was simply reminding the new administration to keep ALL of America in mind.

EDIT: In case anyone hasn't actually read what was said, here it is.  I see absolutely nothing to apologize for here:

Quote :
Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you, and we truly thank you for joining us here at ‘Hamilton: An American Musical.’ We really do,” Dixon said to further applause. “We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us. Again, we truly thank you for seeing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations.”

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:15 pm

I am sure Pence appreciated the "different orientations" line. He is a POS and deserves all the boos he gets.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:29 pm

Just like Obama deserves all the boos I give him every time his pompous, arrogant, condescending,self-righteous, know-it-all mug shows up on my TV. 

But at least I'm doing it in private.  Although to be honest I'd happily boo his liberal ass in public if given the chance.

Of course if were to actually boo Obama in public I'm sure I wouldn't make it home alive because someone from the ever-so-tolerant left who love free speech as long as such speech agrees with their points of view would beat the living crap out of me.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 pm

I am one of those liberal asses you dislike so much.

I like Obama and voted for him, and no I would not physically hurt someone because they disagreed  with me.  That is silly and unAmerican, my father split blood for this country, to have our right to disagree, speak our mind.

I don't believe if you voted for Trump you are racist, as matter fact most people are not racist. But to have voted for Trump you had to over look a lot.

Just for the record I am Latino ( born here in America), sorry Trump I am not a murder or a rapist.

Last edited by manny on Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Just like Obama deserves all the boos I give him every time his pompous, arrogant, condescending,self-righteous, know-it-all mug shows up on my TV. 

But at least I'm doing it in private.  Although to be honest I'd happily boo his liberal ass in public if given the chance.

As we stand before HIM - Praise almighty, we have the freedom of choice!!!!

And the freedom of choice came to man - not your God.

PS - Anissa says Hiditilly Hoe-neighborinos.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:00 pm

What?

I'd like to engage in a civil discussion but what the hell was that?

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:02 pm

manny wrote:
I am one of those liberal asses you dislike so much.

I like Obama and voted for him, and no I would not physically hurt someone because they disagreed  with me.  That is silly and unAmerican, my father split blood for this country, to have our right to disagree, speak our mind.

I don't believe if you voted for Trump you are racist, as matter fact most people are not racist. But to have voted for Trump you had to over look a lot.

Just for the record I am Latino ( born here in America), sorry Trump I am not a murder or a rapist.

I respect that Manny.

And I don't dislike ALL liberals.  Just the ones who seem to think it's an OK form of protest to pull people out of their cars and/or destroy property because they didn't get their way.

And if you scroll back through this thread you'll see I'm not a Trump supporter by any stretch of the imagination.

I also don't see anywhere where I called all liberals asses.  Just the Liberal In Chief.  I think he's an ass.

And that of course make me racist right?  See that's what is going to make me most glad about the new administration and why I even would have welcomed a Hillary Clinton presidency.  I'm sick and tired of being labeled "racist" just because I disagree with Obama.

Last edited by tohostudios on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:11 pm

I owe you apology did not mean to paint such a broad stroke.

Those riots and destroying property where done by idiots who I suspect did not even bother voting.

Both sides have lots of issues, and while I do think Clinton would have maintained the status quo ( basically Obama II), Trump seems like such a loose cannon. He does not seem to understand that picking the people he is choosing are so polarizing, he is not helping to heal the anger in this country.

I was unhappy with the election results but had to accept it. I actually agree with electoral collage, Trump won fairly, he did not cheat.

When he makes a shitty decision that effects me or the country I may protest. But I will give him a chance first, even if I am bit cynical .

Last edited by manny on Mon Nov 21, 2016 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:14 pm

There ya go Manny.  That I agree with.

In fact I think I said somewhere back there that I think people protesting now are simply diminishing the impact of a protest when they actually have something to protest about.

I keep saying it's like the proverbial "boy who cried wolf".  If you protest every time something happens that you don't like then when something REALLY IMPORTANT happens that you don't like, the general reaction is just going to be "Oh there they go again..."

I'd say hold off on the protests until he starts trying to deport people and split up families or starts trying to repeal Roe V Wade or something like that.  Hell, I'll join you if that happens.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:19 pm

I think that is already happening.

Its not just liberals are casting a cynical eye toward these administration, but so are conservatives, with these pointless protests, I am afraid that if he does anything insane, any protest will be muted by these morons who in my opinion have done more harm than good for their so called cause.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:28 pm

I'm afraid you're right. 

My biggest fear of the Trump regime is that the same loose canon who goes off on Twitter in the middle of the night over nothing, might take the same approach with the nuclear codes.  And now that they've said his wife won't be moving into the White House with him until the school year is over that just makes that fear worse.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 9:56 pm

Nah, I don't have any children.  I think about me.

And that's probably a good thing because if I thought about all the national debt Obama created was being passed on to my kids and would be continued by Hillary, I'd have actually voted for Trump.

It's the old story:  spending other people's money to give the masses what they want sounds great until you run out of other people's money to spend.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 2:54 am

tohostudios wrote:
He was and while I think the crowd was rude I don't think the prepared speech read from the stage after the play was over was.  I think Trump is once again overreacting on Twitter by demanding an apology from the actors in "Hamilton".  That's just silly.  He's acting like a 12 year old again.

The crowd booing Pence when he walked in was rude and disrespectful but I thought the speech was anything but; it was very respectful and was simply reminding the new administration to keep ALL of America in mind.

EDIT: In case anyone hasn't actually read what was said, here it is.  I see absolutely nothing to apologize for here:

Quote :
Vice President-elect Pence, we welcome you, and we truly thank you for joining us here at ‘Hamilton: An American Musical.’ We really do,” Dixon said to further applause. “We, sir, we are the diverse America who are alarmed and anxious that your new administration will not protect us, our planet, our children, our parents, or defend us and uphold our inalienable rights, sir. But we truly hope this show has inspired you to uphold our American values and work on behalf of all of us. All of us. Again, we truly thank you for seeing this show, this wonderful American story told by a diverse group of men and women of different colors, creeds and orientations.”
Isn't that the same play that, when they were still putting the cast together said something like "whites need not apply"? Yeah who cares what they say or think. Funny part is, if someone doing a play said "blacks need not apply" there would have been riots in the streets.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 10:51 pm

tohostudios wrote:

It's the old story:  spending other people's money to give the masses what they want sounds great until you run out of other people's money to spend.

Funny how those who complain about governments spending money on healthcare/welfare etc...never ever seem to have a problem with money going on wars that cause misery and devastation but make rich people richer, bank bailouts that have made rich people richer, corporate subsidies that make rich people richer etc....

If I'm getting boned I'd much rather it was for someone who might actually need my money! Razz

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 6:31 am

Except that here in the US we have far too many people gaming the system.  I have no problem helping those who need it but there's just too many people who would rather suck from the government teat than work.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 6:40 am

tohostudios wrote:
Except that here in the US we have far too many people gaming the system.  I have no problem helping those who need it but there's just too many people who would rather suck from the government teat than work.

My wife's ENTIRE family. 3 out of 4 sisters on "disability"(plus one of her brother-in-laws) yet amazingly are able to walk,drive,etc. It's disgusting having to work so hard to get everything I have and see everything handed to them. I could go on for pages with stories. It's disgusting.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 11:07 am

What the cast of Hamilton said itself wasn't rude, but I have a problem with the VENUE. I don't go sports/concerts/shows to be lectured, I go to be entertained. You, the entertainer, are paid to entertain.

I believe that was a huge factor in this election. The general public is really, really fed-up with being lectured by celebrities who think just because they are good looking, can sing, can act...that that somehow makes them political/social geniuses.

Manny - in the words of Melvin Udall "You make me want to be a better man." I'm on the other side of the "aisle" but I like your approach, and I try to have the same attitude. I didn't vote for Pres. Obama, and I don't care for many of his choices/policies, but I've never been a fan of some of the ways he's been treated. Anyhow...

This thread is still alive!!!!!!!!?????? Happy Count me as pleasantly surprised.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 1:51 pm

Quote :
The general public is really, really fed-up with being lectured by celebrities who think just because they are good looking, can sing, can act...that that somehow makes them political/social geniuses.

"Ya know what I REALLY hate? Celebrities who think they're important enough to weigh in on social issues like who you should vote for. Like R.E.M.! Seriously? "Shiny Happy People?" Pull that bus over to the side of the pretentious turnpike, pal! I want the shiny people over here, I want the happy people over there! I represent the angry, meat eating, GUN TOTING people!" -- Denis Leary

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3178

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 9:08 pm

Someone said the kid on the bike is the perfect liberal.
You have to watch it....how it transpires...to today's young people.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 10:16 pm

Andy Griffith? This thread has just about everything in it!
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 1:40 am

ricky214 wrote:
I am happy that Trump won....and hope we get something better than Obamacare..

Like universal single-payer helathcare, as it is in the rest of the civilized world? Oh wait, that was Hillary's plan. Trump's plan is to remove all regulations and let providers to compete on an open market for your patronage. That definitely would result in better coverage and cheaper premiums. You can trust him on that Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 2:59 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
The general public is really, really fed-up with being lectured by celebrities who think just because they are good looking, can sing, can act...that that somehow makes them political/social geniuses.

"Ya know what I REALLY hate? Celebrities who think they're important enough to weigh in on social issues like who you should vote for. Like R.E.M.! Seriously? "Shiny Happy People?" Pull that bus over to the side of the pretentious turnpike, pal! I want the shiny people over here, I want the happy people over there! I represent the angry, meat eating, GUN TOTING people!" -- Denis Leary

So, Liberal celebrities should not voice their opinions, but Conservative celebrities should? Denis Leary IS a conservative celebrity, btw. All I will say about this matter is....I told you so.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 9:32 pm

Liberal celebrities and the media work together. They dismiss and trash anyone that doesn't share their views.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Presidential Pick   Your Presidential Pick - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Your Presidential Pick
Page 7 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10 ... 14  Next