Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday

Go down 
+5
Thrasher73
nevermore
mc666
DallasBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Empty
PostSubject: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 6:52 pm

I was about to make my first delivery of the afternoon and had an emergency call from nature. Didn't want to use the customer's bathroom before making the delivery and I had plenty of time to make them (one of them wasn't due until after 4 and it was about 2:30 so I figured taking a detour wouldn't hurt. So I went to the other side of the highway to a McDonalds. After locking up my van I started toward the restaurant. I saw a red vehicle coming but it had plenty of time to stop and wasn't going very fast. Well, he didn't and next thing I know I'm hit from behind and find myself rolling on the ground in pain (luckily, I instinctively rolled away from the vehicle and didn't get run over). The guy stopped and got out and I figured he'd find out if I was hurt and then we'd either exchange insurance or get the police involved.

Nope, instead I got (paraphrasing), "What the F*ck is wrong with you?! You dumbass piece of shit! That's what you get bitch!" All this while I'm not sure how badly I'm hurt. I got myself up and managed to walk around. I didn't know what to do except get away from this raving lunatic so I went into McDonalds so there were plenty of witnesses if he followed me in there like that. Though I was in shock, I realized I needed to involve the police. The guy was parked outside so I started calling out the license plate so I could write it down. I wrote it down and called the police and walked outside so I could make sure I got it right. But he was gone. I finally was able to tell the police where it was. I was asked if I needed medical attention, but apart from being scratched up, I was still able to walk around so I told them no.

After the call a young man told me he was behind the guy and had a dash cam. He had his mother and brother bring his computer so there would be evidence. I realized that my right knee was swollen to the size of a squash ball and realized I probably should have gotten medical attention. The kid's mother called 911 back for me (my phone wouldn't let me make any calls for some reason) and let them know I changed my mind about medical attention. While we waited I watched the dashcam footage. There were no break lights on the truck until I was on the ground (this is why I was lucky to instinctively roll out of the way) and sure enough the guy came out yelling and showing no concern on how badly I was hurt. Almost makes me think he hit me on purpose, but it could be because he wasn't paying attention and was just panicking. I also realized I did get the license plate right.

I was taken to the emergency room and found out nothing was broken (didn't think it was) but I did have an bad contusion (bruise) and possible sprain. I realized I was still in shock up until that point because it started to hurt... badly. I stayed off of it last night and this morning I'm walking on it with no problem. It still hurts but that's more for the bruise than anything else. The second worst is a road rash on my left elbow which stings like all get out, showers are going to be a pain. I have one on my other elbow and my good knee but they aren't that bad. I'm also very sore in my neck and right arm though that could be from something else.

I'll find out Monday when I'll be going back to work. Company policy says I have to pass a drug test after an on the job accident so it may be a couple of days, but hopefully worker's comp is going to help me out. If not I have some off time saved (though probably only enough for one day).

It could have been a whole lot worse with the way people drive through parking lots. I know I'm going to be a lot more careful traversing parking lots Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 7:36 pm

Was he Asian? Those people can't drive.

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 7:43 pm

mc666 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25796

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 9:53 pm

mc666 wrote:

Laughing very hard

I bet one of those drivers were. At least partially. lol!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 10:16 pm

Actually I wasn't driving at the time. I assure you I'm a better driver than a pedestrian Wink.

BTW, not that it matters, but it was a black man that hit me. No matter what his racial make-up is doesn't change the fact that he was reckless asshole.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 5:22 am

mc666 wrote:

lol!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 6:26 am

mc666 wrote:
lol!

Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 10:11 am

It was Tiger Woods.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 11:27 am

Was it Jon Jones?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 1:06 pm

He kind of looked like Lil' Wayne.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 4:44 pm

Maybe he was the cousin of the employee that lied about you at Amazon for using the "N" word ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 4:48 pm

Whoever it was, they've got a warrant out for their arrest now.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 4:58 pm

I heard his handle was "Black Stallion" on the CB or was that a furry convention ?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 5:55 pm

Some lovely souvenirs from my adventure:

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday 20170611
Just a small scratch on my right knee. Stung for the first day but now it's an afterthought.

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday 20170613
This was on my left elbow, a small bruise and some light road rash, not very deep.

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday 20170610
On my right elbow and is the worst of the road rash. Going to take some time to heal as it still weeps and stings like the dickens. Of course I keep hitting it on things but that kind of an injury is a magnet for that.

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday 20170612
This is the worst of it, apart from a huge bruise (initially was swollen to the size of a squash ball-that was the reason I ended up making the decision to go ahead and get it looked at), it's probably sprained. I can walk on it, but it does hurt. I'm going to have to see the company care facility before I can come back to work. I'm either going to be on light duty for a while or on the DL for a spell (I'm hoping for the former, I hate being stuck at home missing out on all the overtime I normally get.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 9:16 pm

Dude those are some nasty looking bruises. You're lucky that's all you got. Almost the same exact thing happened to me and my wife (carrying our then infant daughter) in a Burger King parking lot. We were walking to the building when some guy came around the corner (going to the drive thru) and drove into us. He stopped and made sure we were OK (which we were;he wasn't going that fast) then high tailed it out of there.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28411

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 am

Sorry to hear about that, DallasBlack.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:53 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Sorry to hear about that, DallasBlack.

Thanks! Fortunately, it could have been worse with how fast some people drive through parking lots. He wasn't going that fast and I had the wherewithal to roll out of the way after getting knocked to the ground.

I'm back to work so that's a good thing too.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17064

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 1:55 am

Definitely could've been worse... glad you're still with us!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday   Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Got Hit By A Pick-Up Yeterday
Page 1 of 1