Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?

Go down 
+5
MoonChild
Sword Of The Heretic
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
9 posters

Leave Them Behind
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap33%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 33% [ 3 ]
Weight of the World
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap22%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Hero's Soul
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap0%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Madman's Overture
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap11%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Sunless Sky
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap22%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 22% [ 2 ]
Cradle to Grave
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap0%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Wings of Tomorrow
Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_lcap11%Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Vote_rcap
 11% [ 1 ]
Time Will Tell
 0% [ 0 ]
Bomb to Drop
 0% [ 0 ]
Blood Money
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 9

AuthorMessage
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Empty
PostSubject: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 1:23 am

The Weight of the World is Metal Church's seventh studio album and first to feature Ronny Munroe on vocals. Jay Reynolds and Steve Unger took over guitar and bass respectively.

I've been listening to this album quite a bit and it was tough picking a track. There is nothing weak on here. "Wings of Tomorrow" really flies, especially the break right before the guitar solo. I like the guitar change in "Madman's Overture" beginning at the 3:17 mark. "Sunless Sky" is a nice, slower track with a lot of power and then really kicks in. I finally settled on the title track because it is the most memorable from the album. I sing the chorus to myself sometimes. I guess it took hold.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9883

Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 4:21 am

Nice poll!

I voted leave them behind. One of the best church songs ever.
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:34 am

Sunless Sky
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39554

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 8:32 am

I went with Madman's Overture. This whole album is really good.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:30 pm

Sunless Sky headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 2:44 pm

"Leave Them Behind"
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25858

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 7:22 pm

I went with Leave Them Behind
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3892

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2016 6:02 pm

Title track most definitely!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 3:57 pm

You guys are crazy! Wings of Tomorrow is the greatest Munroe-era MC track of them all! Razz Very Happy

A pretty decent album; ex-Malice Jay Reynolds really delivers quality guitar work here. Only issues I have is Munroe's voice is a little restrained compared to what was to come, and the songwriting sounds a bit too "careful." Still miles better than Masterpeace.

But yeah, Wings of Tomorrow is just classic power metal through and through.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World?   Which Song Carries the Most Weight on Metal Church's The Weight of the World? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1