Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!

Go down 
+45
Motorsud
firestarter
scottmitchell74
TH Joe
metalinmyveins
allthingsmetal
A Handful of Wayne
skullkrusher
Certif1ed
Gilbert
Leatherface
MoonChild
Ricky
QuothTheRaven
Joe
tohostudios
DallasBlack
stepcousin
Getizzyback
Ben Grimm
Troublezone
bassman
Alex Dee Rokket
adrian
DeathCult
iamrockerfun
Temple of Blood
chewie
thejokeriv
mlotek
metalken
MetalGuy71
James B.
Shawn Of Fire
Olafsto
nevermore
mc666
Fat Freddy
manny
Thrasher73
Metal Misfit
JBall_Z
Sinistar
ultmetal
49 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Choose! The Heavy Metal Crown 1983
Accept - Balls To The Wall
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap1%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Black Sabbath - Born Again
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap6%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Def Leppard - Pyromania
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap6%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 6% [ 4 ]
Dio - Holy Diver
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap18%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 18% [ 12 ]
Iron Maiden - Piece Of Mind
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap16%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 16% [ 11 ]
KISS - Lick It Up
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap1%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
Krokus - Headhunter
 1% [ 1 ]
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap4%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Metallica - Kill ''''Em All
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap22%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 22% [ 15 ]
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap7%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 7% [ 5 ]
Motorhead - Another Perfect Day
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap0%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_lcap4%1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Vote_rcap
 4% [ 3 ]
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
 4% [ 3 ]
Slayer - Show No Mercy
 6% [ 4 ]
Savatage - Sirens
 1% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 68

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Empty
PostSubject: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:30 pm

At this point, listing every single heavy metal release would be nearly impossible as the scene had EXPLODED by this time. So I am just listing the most popular albums, or at least the albums that I remember from that era. Of course the BIG album of that year was Quiet Riot's Metal Health that broke open the doors for heavy metal on the radio and charts. Many of the old 70's bands that had struggled with their identity in the first couple years of the 80's saw inspiration in Quiet Riot and attempted to regain their status as hard rocking bands. Blackfoot openly admit that Metal Health was a huge influence on the direction they took in the years that followed. Thin Lizzy with the help of ex-Tygers of Pan Tang axeman John Sykes recorded their most vicious album to date. Kiss took off the make-up and experienced new life and new popularity. This was also the year that THRASH METAL began to make it's mark with the monumental releases of "Kill 'Em All" and "Show No Mercy".

Let me know what releases are missing from this list.

AC/DC - Flick of the Switch
Accept - Balls to the Wall
Alcatrazz - No Parole From Rock N' Roll
Alice Cooper - DaDa
Anvil - Forged in Fire
Blackfoot - Siago
Black Sabbath - Born Again
Blue Öyster Cult - The Revölution by Night
Culprit - Guilty As Charged
Def Leppard - Pyromania
Diamond Head - Canterbury
Dio - Holy Diver
Dokken - Breaking the Chains
Exciter - Heavy Metal Maniac
Europe - Europe
Fastway - Fastway
Girlschool - Play Dirty
Hanoi Rocks - Self-Destruction Blues
Hanoi Rocks - Back to Mystery City
Helix - No Rest For The Wicked
Iron Maiden - Piece of Mind
Joe Perry Project - Once A Rocker, Always A Rocker
KISS - Lick It Up
Kix - Cool Kids
Krokus - Headhunter
Loudness - Law of Devil's Land
Manowar - Into Glory Ride
Mercyful Fate - Melissa
Metallica - Kill 'Em All
Mötley Crüe - Shout at the Devil
Motörhead - Another Perfect Day
Oz - Fire in the Brain
Ozzy Osbourne - Bark at the Moon
Pantera - Metal Magic
Phoenix Rising - Phoenix Rising
Queensrÿche - Queensrÿche
Quiet Riot - Metal Health
Ratt - Ratt (EP)
Raven - All for One
Riot - Born in America
The Rods - In the Raw
Satan - Court in the Act
Satan Jokers - Les Fils De Metal
Savatage - Sirens
Saxon - Power & the Glory
Slayer - Show No Mercy
Steeler - Steeler
Suicidal Tendencies - Suicidal Tendencies
Thin Lizzy - Thunder and Lightning
Twisted Sister - You Can't Stop Rock 'N' Roll
Uriah Heep - Head First
Venom - At War with Satan
Warlord - Deliver Us
Waysted - Vices
Wild Dogs - Wild Dogs
Y&T - Mean Streak
Zebra - s/t

Last edited by ultmetal on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

Number of posts : 141

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:34 pm

I wanted to vote for Raven this year. Well, as my fav anyway, Kill 'em All was the game changer, plus Mercyful Fate was more state of the art.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:37 pm

Hey , it looks like I'm the first one to cast a vote. I went with Motley Crue. It was the soundtrack of 1983.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:41 pm

Comes down to Sabbath, KISS, Dio, Motley and Def for me...

Went with Pyromania.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:57 pm

Wow,now this was hard.Shout At the Devil is my favorite Crue album and theres some other greats on there as well like Holy Diver,Kill Em All,and Metal Health but in the end I had to vote for my favorite Maiden disc of all time-Piece of Mind
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:00 pm

I voted for Black Sabbath, Ian Gillan and Iommi's riffs=heavy metal heaven
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:03 pm

I didn't even have to look at the other choices... I just went straight to Metallica's KILL'EM ALL. Nothin' against the other bands/albums on the list (and I do own/love a lot of them now that I've looked) but it was really no contest. KILL'EM ALL was a game changer.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Slayer

manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:06 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I didn't even have to look at the other choices... I just went straight to Metallica's KILL'EM ALL. No contest. It was a game changer.

I have to agree with you, this album was a definite game changer,as was IMO 'Pyromania' and 'Metal Health' for different reasons of course, but back in 1983 if you would have told me Metallica would be not only the most successful metal band to emerge out of the 80's but would become one of the best selling recording artist in history I would have accussed you of smoking too much pot.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25944

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

I went with Motley Crue.
Back to top Go down
JBall_Z
Metal master
Metal master
JBall_Z

Number of posts : 919

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Hey Ult, if I'm not mistaken, W.A.S.P. released their outstanding debut album in 1983.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37670

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:09 pm

JBall_Z wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Hey Ult, if I'm not mistaken, W.A.S.P. released their outstanding debut album in 1983.

Nope. 1984.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:10 pm

Born Again only has three decent songs.

(ducks)
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Sinistar wrote:

(ducks)

angry
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I didn't even have to look at the other choices... I just went straight to Metallica's KILL'EM ALL. Nothin' against the other bands/albums on the list (and I do own/love a lot of them now that I've looked) but it was really no contest. KILL'EM ALL was a game changer.

Freddy got it right!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:12 pm

manny wrote:
Sinistar wrote:

(ducks)

angry

Born Again rules from beginning to end! 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! 604261

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:14 pm

I went with Holy Diver...but could just as easily have picked Show No Mercy, Balls To The Wall, Piece Of Mind, or Pyromania...

But then there's Kill 'Em All...Melissa...Lick It Up...Queensryche......man what a year!

Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:
Sinistar wrote:

(ducks)

angry

Born Again rules from beginning to end! 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! 604261

They're getting their pitchforks!!! I better hide!!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12645

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:25 pm

Like the 82' poll. I went back to what I enjoyed the most back then, as opposed to what I think is better now. My vote again goes to Krokus.

Man, what a killer year !

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

Olafsto wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Freddy got it right!

I thought about a few others, but yea, Kill 'Em All re-invented the wheel here.

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:31 pm

ultmetal wrote:
manny wrote:
Sinistar wrote:

(ducks)

angry

Bored Again Sleep

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:40 pm

I'm an Ian Gillan fanboy, so I love Born Again. It's so stinkin' heavy and Gillan's vocals are otherworldly! I also saw Sabbath for the first time on this tour, so that may color my opinion as well. Trashed, Disturbing the Priest, Zero the Hero, Digital Bi+ch, Hot Line...it's all great IMO.

Does have one of the WORST covers ever IMO. Spinal Tap stuff there for sure.

Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:46 pm

I went with Piece Of Mind from the options. Saxon - Power and the Glory would be my pick from that year.

And that Sabbath album is/was amazing.
Back to top Go down
Sinistar
Metal student
Metal student
Sinistar

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:50 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Does have one of the WORST covers ever IMO. Spinal Tap stuff there for sure.

That's my fav thing about the album!!
Back to top Go down
mlotek
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mlotek

Number of posts : 1226

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:51 pm

Can't vote, as except for 3 albums, the others are perfect and I love them all.
Can't count how many times I played them, and STILL play them.

yes, Raven should be on the list.
Also missing is
EXCITER - Heavy Metal Maniac
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!   1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

1983 Heavy Metal TAKES OVER THE WORLD!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next