Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Wish List

Go down 
+2
akeldama
the sentinel
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 8:55 pm

I really wish VH would do Deluxe/ Legacy editions of the S/T , 1984, and 5150 with bonus demos and/or rare live stuff. A box set from EVH would be awesome. Call it "Eruption" or something and have all of the unreleased demos, OST songs, and some instrumental tunes.

I also wish Maiden would do a proper re release of the Soundhouse Tapes (maybe they have and I missed it) and the whole show of Maiden Japan. Originally, I envisioned a 4 disc box of the Soundhouse, S/T, Killers, and Maiden Japan, but the first 2 albums have been re released a few times already. These too could be Deluxe editions with a second disc of live and or demos stuff. Or not.

I also hold out hope for a TT Quick box set with the EP, 3 studio albums and the Live offering. That would kick ass.

That's all for now.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:00 pm

I was revisiting the "Power Metal" thread we had going back in February of this year and I was wondering why there is no comp for the Power or Traditional Metal the way they milk the teats of the Glam Metal cow. I was thinking of something along the lines of the "Hollywood Rocks" box set from Deadline/ Cleo records a few years back.

I also wish they would do one of those cheapo "Original Album Classics" for Raven so I don't have to give up a testicle to own the Gallagher bros. discography.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2016 9:58 pm

To finally record an album
Motley Crue-Personality #9
VH-Love Again (2nd Cherone album)
A Fender Jaguar (Lefty)
A Fender Bass VI (Lefty)
A Reggie Parks made NWA World Television Championship belt
An album with Wino, Lemmy and Grohl or Stanton Moore which for sure now will never happen...
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 1:59 pm

akeldama wrote:
A Fender Jaguar (Lefty)
A Fender Bass VI (Lefty)
An album with Wino, Lemmy and Grohl or Stanton Moore which for sure now will never happen...

Very cool list, my friend. I really like the personal touch.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 6:57 pm

the sentinel wrote:
akeldama wrote:
A Fender Jaguar (Lefty)
A Fender Bass VI (Lefty)

Very cool list, my friend. I really like the personal touch.

Thanks, man!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeThu Apr 21, 2016 8:33 pm

I wish Sanctuary's "Refuge Denied" would get a proper re mastering so I don't have to crank the volume to a ridiculous level just to hear it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 8:52 pm

I think we need to petition Howe and Vanderhoof for a deluxe edition of "Blessing In Disguise" as there has got to be some cool demos, out takes, and rare live stuff from that era.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2016 10:37 am

I'd like to wish for a box set or at the very least, a double-cd set of all the covers and b-sides that both Anthrax and Tesla have recorded over the years.

I have most of 'em already, but having all of them in one place would be just dandy.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 6:50 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'd like to wish for a box set or at the very least, a double-cd set of all the covers and b-sides that both Anthrax and Tesla have recorded over the years.

I have most of 'em already, but having all of them in one place would be just dandy.

Good one! I made a comp of the Anthrax cover CD and added whatever other covers I had and called it Anthrax Anthems Extended.

Speaking of Telsa. There was a box set in the works (I know, I know) and had been for a while before the studio fire a few years back.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeFri May 06, 2016 8:17 pm

Purple Rain Deluxe Edition
Any unreleased Type O Negative tunes
That Thin Lizzy box set from that alleged cache of 700+ songs
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeSun May 08, 2016 12:07 pm

akeldama wrote:
Purple Rain Deluxe Edition
Any unreleased Type O Negative tunes
That Thin Lizzy box set from that alleged cache of 700+ songs

Oh, yea. I forgot about the Thin Lizzy cache. Good call, brother.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2016 10:17 am

the sentinel wrote:

Speaking of Telsa. There was a box set in the works (I know, I know) and had been for a while before the studio fire a few years back.

Yea, I remember the discussions of a box set, but I'm not holding my breath for it. Between the studio fire and the cost of assembling a proper box set in this day and age, I just don't see it happening now.

Like my dear old grandmom used to say, "Sh*t in one hand and wish in the other. See which one gets filled first."

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 12:52 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

Yea, I remember the discussions of a box set, but I'm not holding my breath for it. Between the studio fire and the cost of assembling a proper box set in this day and age, I just don't see it happening now.

Like my dear old grandmom used to say, "Sh*t in one hand and wish in the other. See which one gets filled first."

Laughing very hard My dear old Grandma used to say "Sh!t or get off the pot!"
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 12:56 am

I was reading an old thrwad in our R.I.P. section about studio vs. live and Fat Freddy mentioned something about another albums worth of material from Priest's "Unleashed In The East" album. So, I wish for that to see the light of day.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 2:26 am

I wish Rob Wolfe era Sacrament would release a follow up to Haunts of Violence.
I'd like to see The Crucified release some new material.
Another Rage of Angels album.
New stuff from Tora Tora, Dangerous Toys, Cinderella. I know I don't ask for much.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2016 10:15 pm

The entire James Gang Live (At Carnegie Hall) set.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2016 3:18 pm

A rerelease of Alice Cooper's Stoopid News.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2016 6:41 pm

I would like for Monstrosity to finally re-release Horror Infinity on CD.
I would like to see both Assorted Heap CDs go back in print.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2016 9:29 pm

A few box sets:

Heretic
Shok Paris
Agent Steel
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 9:58 am

the sentinel wrote:
A few box sets:

Heretic

More extensive than this one?
https://www.amazon.com/Vault-Tortured-Broken-Heretic/dp/B00CFYAT14/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1470664603&sr=1-2&keywords=heretic+cd

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39550

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:05 am

That's a good price for that Heretic boxset.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 10:23 am

007 wrote:
That's a good price for that Heretic boxset.

Yea, I've been going back and forth on that one myself. I've had it on my Amazon want-list for months, but keep passing it over for some reason. I'll wait till it's ridiculously expensive then complain that I didn't order it when I had the chance. Razz

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 8:57 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
A few box sets:

Heretic

https://www.amazon.com/Vault-Tortured-Broken-Heretic/dp/B00CFYAT14/ref=sr_1_2?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1470664603&sr=1-2&keywords=heretic+cd

Whoa! Did not know that was out there. Thanks, Dave.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 11:35 am

the sentinel wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
A few box sets:

Heretic

Whoa! Did not know that was out there. Thanks, Dave.

No problem. I have to warn you though. In my humble opinion, it's not that good. I just got it a few weeks ago.

The live material sounds horrible. It's a really poor bootleg recording that makes it difficult to listen to. I would've gladly just taken a re-issue of Breaking Point with the Torture Knows No Boundaries ep tacked on and leave it at that. I don't think I will ever listen to the live stuff again. In fact, I'm debating even keeping this box set or putting it up on ebay. If I do decide to part with it, I'll let you know.

The Wish List Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Wish List   The Wish List Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Wish List
Page 1 of 1