Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed

Go down 
+26
stormspell
Fat Freddy
journeyman
MetalGuy71
glassprison
Stone Cold
TheIronSheik
the sentinel
Witchfinder
metalinmyveins
Thelemech
James B.
Wrecked Neck
DakotaRogers
666_Evil_666
Troublezone
Thrasher73
Shawn Of Fire
Temple of Blood
martinsane
Gilbert
80s Metal Lady
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
corplhicks
Required Fields
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
TheIronSheik
Metal novice
Metal novice
TheIronSheik

Number of posts : 3

New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 pm

I LIKE THE METAL CHURCH THEY NOT JABRONI LIKE VAN HALEN THEY GOOD BAND WITH GOOD SONGS. MIKE HOWE IS A GOOD BRUDDA.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2016 9:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
Dude kept his skills burning all these years.

He sounds phenomenal as ever on everything I've heard so far.
Back to top Go down
Stone Cold
Metal novice
Metal novice
Stone Cold

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 12:50 am

TheIronSheik wrote:
I LIKE THE METAL CHURCH THEY NOT JABRONI LIKE VAN HALEN THEY GOOD BAND WITH GOOD SONGS. MIKE HOWE IS A GOOD BRUDDA.

I agree Sheik, they are a great band. Van Halen isn't bad either, but I know you are drunk, so it doesn't matter
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 19, 2016 4:22 pm

For those interested (can't see why not), I stumbled across the demo tape for Howe's first band, Snair. We got fifteen minutes of four tracks, the last being a cover of Hell Bent for Leather. These songs are actually kind of badass, though a bit derivative, and Howe sounds badass. Howe would move on from Snair to Heretic. Snair released a full-length in '90 and another demo but I can't seem to find any snippets on the webs.

Back to top Go down
Wrecked Neck
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wrecked Neck

Number of posts : 2654

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 3:36 am

Damn that does sou d pretty good! Only heard the first song so far (damn wife is watching a movie) but I like what Ive heard so far.
Back to top Go down
DakotaRogers
Metal master
Metal master
DakotaRogers

Number of posts : 920

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2016 11:20 pm

Good thing I completely ignored this release up until this point - it sounds great! Now I only have to wait impatiently for a few days.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2016 11:29 am

I enjoyed every one of those listens. Of the original tunes, I enjoyed in order: Power Drive, Kill 'EM All and then Do or Die
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 11:36 am

Wow! That was cool and surprisingly good quality. I would go Poer Drive, Do Or Die, and Kill 'Em All. And I thought the Priest cover was great as well. Thanks, corp. Smile
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2016 6:18 pm

Great stuff! "Power Drive" is my favorite, then "Kill 'Em All." Learning how big a Rob Halford fan Mike Howe was before joining Metal Church, the cover of "Hell Bent For Leather" makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 6:14 pm

How about this? Get home from work and lo and behold what's waiting for me on the counter? None other than XI. The deluxe edition is sweet with all the cool little extras. Wish I could've afforded the call from Mike Howe.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 8:30 pm

007 wrote:
How about this? Get home from work and lo and behold what's waiting for me on the counter? None other than XI. The deluxe edition is sweet with all the cool little extras. Wish I could've afforded the call from Mike Howe.

Mine arrived too!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2016 8:55 pm

cool After dinner Friday night, the search begins. Laughing
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 5:59 pm

Just got my copy in, about to spin it.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 pm

This is just amazing. It's like they picked up right after HitB. The mix is actually decent too. Guitars come across very warm with a tube feel.

Packaging sucks only a little less than Generation in that it actually comes in a jewel case. Otherwise, no lyrics, cheap print, and nothing more than some credits and a band photo. But I understand these guys have little to no $$$, so they have my understanding.

This is old school Metal Church, guys. I feel that the album really kicks in to high gear at Signal Path (track 4).
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 9:26 pm

Wow. Did not expect to find the 2 disc edition for $15 at the mall tonight. I figured I would be paying that (if I found it at all) for the single disc edition and the dual would be a ridiculously pricey import like Scorpions last album. As soon as I am done with the new Priest live album, in goes MC!
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 9:31 pm

Dammit! I forgot there was a 2-disc version available. I only got the single disc. You'll have to fill us in on the extras on disc 2. Looks like a lot of songs.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 9:40 pm

Well, the new recording of "Badlands" is on there, as well as a radio edit of "Signal Path" and a demo version of "Shadow" and an alternative mix of "No Tomorrow." The other 4 tracks (The Coward, Blister Fist, God Hit, and, The Enemy Mind) I have to assume are new and bonus; kind of like the second disc of Priest's "Redeemer" album.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 9:53 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Well, the new recording of "Badlands" is on there, as well as a radio edit of "Signal Path" and a demo version of "Shadow" and an alternative mix of "No Tomorrow." The other 4 tracks (The Coward, Blister Fist, God Hit, and, The Enemy Mind) I have to assume are new and bonus; kind of like the second disc of Priest's "Redeemer" album.

Yeah those four tracks are what I'm interested in. Hoping you'll post a review of everything over in Hurting Words!
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 11:41 pm

The four new tracks are a good listen. God Hit is an interesting track.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 1:57 am

Spinning it for a third time. It's that good. They sound so freaking inspired.

I think I'll take a page from Lari's book and do a track by track analysis here in the next couple days.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 8:02 am

It got to late last night to give it a proper listening, so I will spin it a few times tonight after work. I promise, Shay, I will do a review in the next few days.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 6:26 pm

As usual it looks like the Japanese version has an exclusive bonus track, Long Time Coming. But what's really confusing is there's another preorder version out there in a slipcase with the bonus track Fan the Fire (not to be confused with Start the Fire).

It's rather annoying. I had to purchase a second copy of Generation Nothing, the JP version, just to have the bonus track. Now this.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 8:51 pm

I really really hate when bands/record companies pull that crap.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:11 pm

Yeah, that is quite annoying. I was really hoping when they went to a global release day (sometime last year) that the record companies and /or bands would cut the crap with exclusive/bonus tracks and just have the same release with the same mix on all formats. I wasn't going to purchase it, but I couldn't fine 2 disc version of "For All Kings" but it sucks to not even have the option.
Back to top Go down
80s Metal Lady
Metal master
Metal master
80s Metal Lady

Number of posts : 896

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 5:02 pm

Finally got to open my Mike Howe Ultimate Fan Bundle. A little disappointed in the autographed photo as it is just a poor quality xerox on photo paper. It's hand-signed, though. The other stuff is cool. I'll probably put the stickers, guitar pick and photo in a scrapbook. Not sure what else to do with them. Now to start listening to the CD.

New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Sam_6411
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed   New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Metal Church album (XI) album cover and track listing revealed
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next